• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach & WDW...anyone?

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Okay, another question! I really love the idea of a WDW vacation followed by 2 days at a beach location, like Disney's Vero Beach resort, since it's only 2 hours away. Has anyone done this and would you do it again? I know after our last trip (6 straight park days), we could have really used some unwinding vacation time. We SAID we'd set aside a resort only day, but once there, the temptation of the parks was too great!!!
Thanks,
Karla B.:Pinkbounc

We're actually doing the reverse. We leave next Sunday for 5 nights at VB followed by 7 nights at WDW. We're going to try to "rest up" for the WDW portion of our trip while at VB. We've never been to VB, but are DVC members and we were lucky enough to get a 2 BR at VB that we are sharing with friends and their 2 daughters. My husband was complaining about the heat here today (95 degrees) and I said "Just think, next week at this time you'll be laying on the beach listening to the ocean!"

We are going to sandwchich our trip to Vero between 3 days at the BCVs, 2 at Vero and then 5 more at OKW.

I am really looking forward to this arrangement!

pin

Last year we did this - we stayed 8 nights at OKW in a 2 bedroom villa and then drove down to VB (about 2 hours) and spent 5 glorious nights in a 2 bedroom villa. It was such a wonderful, relaxing way to spend the 2nd half of the vacation- WDW was great, we were going all day and half the night it seemed and were truly ready for some sun and relaxation that VB provided. You get the best of Disney, yet no theme parks. We loved it and are planning our next trip for April 2004 to do the same thing. Do this, you will NOT regret it!:D

hi,
we are doing this too...we are heading to VB on Sunday for 5 days then 4 days at DW....CAN"T WAIT...

We did that one trip, spent 3 nights at VB then the rest of the week at WDW! We loved it! A wonderful place to relax.I just hope that you have better weather than we did while down there. It rained the whole time we were there.
But we still had a great time!

:wave:

We are HERE at Disney's VERO beach, and loving every moment. This is our fourth consecutive year of visiting DVB. We are here for seven nights in a 1BR villa, then to WDW for our next destination. We began with five eves at the PBH....where we enjoyed the FOTLA @ U.Studios and I.O.A.

I LOVE combining the beach with the parks...it makes for a WONDERFUL vacation. Enjoy!!

P.S. The weather here is fabulous...pool, beach & activities are astounding. :)

Thanks for all the responses! Now, to decide whether VB should be at the beginning, middle or end of the vacation.....
What a happy dilemma to ponder!
Thanks again,
Karla B.

We've done the WDW / VB vacations and they are wonderful! I would save Vero Beach until the end if you can get a room. WDW is so busy, so get all the walking done and then go RELAX by the beach! The recovery time from the beach is much easier than Disney World. It is the same thing with land/sea. Do the land first, save the sea for the end and you come up fresh and relaxed!

Have fun!

I just got done with 6 night at the WL followed by 2 nights in sand key which is near clearwater Fl 1 hour from WDW on the Gulf. It was beautiful. closer than vero beach too

We did this just last month. We spent 10 nights total in Orlando and then went to Vero beach for 2 nights before heading further south to visit family in Ft. Lauderdale... It was so relaxing. We parked the car and didn't leave at all for the 2 days... Our only regret was that we would have liked at least one more day at Vero.. The cast members was remarkable there as well! So incredibly friendly and helpful, even more 'Disney' than I would have imagined.. ;)

Add me to the WDW first, followed by Vero crowd. We did this for the first time last year and decided we needed more days at Vero. So this year, we did a week at WDW, then spent 6 days at VB. It was wonderful. We had the best weather. We love VB. You can do as little or as much as you want. The activities are endless. I agree, you get Disney and a relaxing vacation all in the same package. We will continue to do this for our Florida vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter