VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Ocean Grill
Riverside Cafe
Captain Hiram's - Sandbar & BlackFin Restaurant
Sebastian Roadside Restaurant
Mulligan's - Vero Beach
Winds & Wave (Disney Resort)

There are many more we want to try - only listing the ones we have been too.

Citrus Grill & Squid Lips (but these two have been a while for us - I would check more recent reviews on Squid Lips - don't think it gets the great reviews from yeas ago )

Ocean Grill
Riverside Cafe
Mulligan's - Vero Beach

Citrus Grill & Squid Lips (but these two have been a while for us - I would check more recent reviews on Squid Lips - don't think it gets the great reviews from yeas ago )
We were just there and Squid Lips is good. This time around, Mulligans in Vero Beach was not up to par.

Yeah....the lobby was a mess under refurbishment when we arrived. The poor cast members behind the counters had to compete with hammers and all sorts of noise as we all checked in.

I will be there on Monday 5/30/22. I wonder if the work will be finished or almost complete?

Also, is there still a big drop off with the sand on the beach due to erosion. I saw a recent video that showed that condition. Thanks.
😎👍🏻💫✨🌴☀️

I will be there on Monday 5/30/22. I wonder if the work will be finished or almost complete?

Also, is there still a big drop off with the sand on the beach due to erosion. I saw a recent video that showed that condition. Thanks.
😎👍🏻💫✨🌴☀️
The drop off at the beach is not due to erosion, but rather was due to beach restoration work to combat past erosion. Truckloads of sand were brought in and the dunes have been extended. Below are a few news stories on the work.

http://veronews.com/2022/02/05/wabasso-beach-closing-for-sand-project/
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/2...asso-beach-renourishment-november/5881257001/
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/2...l-beach-access-finish-restoration/9102847002/

Hello! We will be there June 13th and June 14th. Are there daily programs to see the turtles? Or will there be anything special happening then? So excited!

😎👍🏻💫✨🌴☀️
Thank you for the information.
😎👍🏻

Ocean Grill
Riverside Cafe
Mulligan's - Vero Beach

Respectfully, I do not agree with your list.
I do understand differences of opinion…

Riverside - Yuk
Hiram’s - Somewhat yuk
Mulligans - seems to have improved
Wind &waves - limited menu
Ocean Grill - agree

But I’m a local. So most of your places are tourist traps. I get that.

I’ve posted my favorites earlier.

Respectfully, I do not agree with your list.
I do understand differences of opinion…

Riverside - Yuk
Hiram’s - Somewhat yuk
Mulligans - seems to have improved
Wind &waves - limited menu
Ocean Grill - agree

But I’m a local. So most of your places are tourist traps. I get that.

I’ve posted my favorites earlier.

I don't have my growing list in front of me. If there is a restaurant that has been mentioned here or other forums, they are not "local" places anymore :). I am not a local.........I have friends who are snowbirds - so this is also limited since they don't go out every single night (one just became a snowbird). A an old-coworker of mine retired and is now living in Vero Beach. He and his wife post on FB places they go to.........I have seen some I recognize. Are they still considered "tourist traps". I don't know. Spread the wealth I say :).

If we get in again next year, it will be our third year in a row but our 4th visit. (One other trip was cancelled last minute due to Hurricane Matthew). We will try any, and most of all recommended restaurants (reviews on yelp/tripadvisor can be 50/50).

We all have difference tastes and expectations. We love to try to find little hole in the wall, or places locals go to. We also dined at Sebastian Roadhouse Restaurant and would go back. I don't think I mentioned it. Until we try every single restaurant, we have nothing to compare it too - within Vero/Sebastian.

I know there are a ton of more places - but we can only get to 3 or four max while staying 5/6 nights.

The first time we visited Vero with my brother (and family) and another visit to Hilton Head, he was looking for fancy places like home. Always table cloth napkins, modern decor, etc. etc. I said I can have that at home and most places in Florida and Hilton Head are a little bit of both the modern upscale feel and the beach/casual look/theme. I told him fancy is not always better. Just an example that one needs to try new places and everyone has different needs/wants.

Please feel free to recommend places - I have seen a ton more mentioned and probably by you. How many pages is this thread. I know "search lol". I can't recommend others unless I have tried them. We discovered Waldo while waiting for our table at Ocean Grill. Is it a tourist trap? Of course it is. But I want to go and experience it myself even if it's for a drink or two someday. I still want to get to Earl's :)

I do want to try restaurants where the locals eat - anywhere I go. I will add to my list. But I can only scratch off one or two next trip. There are some that we repeat for various reasons.

We can always agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
Planning to visit there, middle of August. Is turtle hatch season over at that time? If not, Is there any activity about turtke held at the resort during the August? Thank you for your help!

Ocean Grill
Riverside Cafe
Mulligan's - Vero Beach

There's a small place called "The Italian Cousin" that has incredible food. They're only open from 4-8:30.

Hello.
Has the lobby renovation been completed? Does anyone have pictures?

Also, has the beach replenishment been completed?

Are there laundry facilities on each floor of the Inn available to Members free of charge for those staying in the Inn? Thank you!😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!