VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

HI all! Thinking about planning a surprise trip for my bf's bday at the end of Sept. I'm new to DVC (going on my first DVC trip in 4 weeks at Copper Creek!). Does anyone know if the restaurants at Vero Beach cater to allergies like the ones at WDW? I'm gluten free and eat safely and like a queen at WDW and I hoping the same is true for Vero Beach. Also will appreciate any and all info on this resort....thanks in advance!!!

HI all! Thinking about planning a surprise trip for my bf's bday at the end of Sept. I'm new to DVC (going on my first DVC trip in 4 weeks at Copper Creek!). Does anyone know if the restaurants at Vero Beach cater to allergies like the ones at WDW? I'm gluten free and eat safely and like a queen at WDW and I hoping the same is true for Vero Beach. Also will appreciate any and all info on this resort....thanks in advance!!!
Yes they do. If you have allergies, the chef at Wind and Waves Grill will come out and talk to you about the menu and ingredients.

We just booked a studio for October. It will be our first time there. We had the choice of Inn standard view or the studio.

I'm 2nd guessing my choice. It's just my husband and I for this trip so I liked the idea of having the couch vs. the 2 beds but just read the studios are all in the outer buildings. Also, in the picture there was a weird, angled wall with the tv on it where the tv doesn't really face anything. Are all the studio rooms like that?

We just booked a studio for October. It will be our first time there. We had the choice of Inn standard view or the studio.

I'm 2nd guessing my choice. It's just my husband and I for this trip so I liked the idea of having the couch vs. the 2 beds but just read the studios are all in the outer buildings. Also, in the picture there was a weird, angled wall with the tv on it where the tv doesn't really face anything. Are all the studio rooms like that?
I am checking into a studio today! First time stay. I’ll let you know.

We loved Vero but did think it was just as expensive as being at the parks, which I hadn’t expected. If you plan to eat at Ocean Grill, I definitely recommend making reservations. We were there in July 2021 and we’re not able to get a table as walk ins any of the nights we tried. Luckily we had reservations for the 2 nights we did eat there.
The Ocean Grill had begun taking reservations for all party sizes for dinner seating during Covid. We were there last July and took advantage twice during our week-long stay at VB. However, when I called to book a table for a January stay, they had reverted to their original system of reservations for parties of 5 or more only. We have had great success arriving at the restaurant shortly after they open their seating list at 4 pm in anticipation of their 5 pm dining room opening. We than walk around the area for a while, stop back at the bar for a pre-dinner drink, and get seated right at 5 pm (usually by the windows with a beautiful ocean view). We don’t mind the wait this way, and our dining times are all over the place when we are away from home anyway, so the 5 pm dinner time is no problem.

I believe all the studios share the same layout. After staying in studios twice, we tried a inn room. We’ve stuck with the inn ever since, perhaps a dozen or more visits. Even though there are just the two of us, we don’t mind the two queen beds rather than the queen bed and sofa sleeper combination. A couple of times, we’ve been fortunate to get one of the very few ocean view inn rooms that because of the layout of the inn building have an uncommon longer, narrow layout and are equipped with a king bed at one end and a sleeper sofa at the other. Ideal rooms for a couple, but not great for a family planning on the two queen beds.

One aspect pf the studio villas we stayed in was the lack of views. To some extent, the villa buildings are blocked from ocean views by the 3-bedroom cottages that are located closer to the ocean. We were in building 12 for our two studio villa stays and had views of foliage out the windows each time. The views out of the standard view inn rooms were actually better (although ocean view inn rooms are the best in that regard).

I believe all the studios share the same layout. After staying in studios twice, we tried a inn room. We’ve stuck with the inn ever since, perhaps a dozen or more visits. Even though there are just the two of us, we don’t mind the two queen beds rather than the queen bed and sofa sleeper combination. A couple of times, we’ve been fortunate to get one of the very few ocean view inn rooms that because of the layout of the inn building have an uncommon longer, narrow layout and are equipped with a king bed at one end and a sleeper sofa at the other. Ideal rooms for a couple, but not great for a family planning on the two queen beds.

One aspect pf the studio villas we stayed in was the lack of views. To some extent, the villa buildings are blocked from ocean views by the 3-bedroom cottages that are located closer to the ocean. We were in building 12 for our two studio villa stays and had views of foliage out the windows each time. The views out of the standard view inn rooms were actually better (although ocean view inn rooms are the best in that regard).
that is helpful. Thanks. I think only standard view is available for inn rooms. I might reconsider. It would save us a couple of points.

that is helpful. Thanks. I think only standard view is available for inn rooms. I might reconsider. It would save us a couple of points.
Just laid down after a great day here at DVB! I have to say it to totally love the studio. The TV is angled a little, not sure if it’s like in your picture. It’s not too bad when you’re laying in the bed though.

We lucked out with a beautiful view! This is the top floor on building 14.17A46A24-CF5F-4A50-8982-169F919FB1F7.jpeg

Is there any info on turtle walks? We'll be there in mid June for the first time in an inn room, 2 nts pre cruise...arriving late Thursday, so just have Friday to do stuff.

Just returned from DVB. The beach cottage was outstanding. I've not been in the cottage since it's renovation. I'm so very glad it's one of our "homes". The cast members there (and Hilton Head) are the absolute best. They have the best pool parties of all the Disney resorts. Our only downside as "mature" adults was access to the beach. Boy it was a mess when we arrived! The last time I saw the beach so eroded was in 2011. But the Disney spirit prevailed and the cast members dug a path out to the beach we all could manage. They set the rental chairs/umbrellas on top by the dunes. Another great trip and getting ready to plan another.

Adding a p.s. Mulligans in Vero Beach was not so good this time around. I was really disappointed. Also, as others mentioned, the Ocean Grille needing 5 people to make a reservation is just odd and ridiculous. In any case it is too snooty for us beach bums and we had a much better time at Squid Lips and Capt'n Hirims!

Last edited:
I've just reserved a 2 night stay at VBR for the first time in November although I've been a DVC member for 15 years. I understand there is one (?) restaurant in the resort and all other restaurants are about 7+ miles away. So besides the beach, what activities does the resort offer?

I've just reserved a 2 night stay at VBR for the first time in November although I've been a DVC member for 15 years. I understand there is one (?) restaurant in the resort and all other restaurants are about 7+ miles away. So besides the beach, what activities does the resort offer?
Pool, hot tub, free mini golf, sports, path around the lake, 2 bars.

I just finished up my first stay there and was just beyond charmed with the place. So laid back, while still a lot of fun.

Wind & Waves Grill is the sit down restaurant and there is also the Wind & Waves Market (?) by the pool. They also have two or three choices in the evening for a quick dinner. You have Beach Bites next door for some great sandwiches and breakfast items. I have seen people get pizza delivered (pizzeria by Publix). Green Cabin Room offers "Adult Beverage Experiences ($), light breakfast items (think pastries), drinks and light bites.

Tides offers many water sports activities. Kayak, paddle board, surf lessons, jet skis, etc. The resort has bike rentals, basketball, tennis/pickleball court, campfire/movie night and many other activities. There is a FB group with recent weekly activities people post, recommendations for fishing, air boat rides, etc. etc.

For two nights you might not need to venture out or have time to venture out.

Other posters/search this thread will be more helpful. We love it. If we can get in again next year, it will be our third year in a row. Trying to go yearly. Our first time was many years ago (11) but we are now really starting to explore the area/try new restaurants and meet with friends.

Definitely come back and let us know how you like it :)

Hi everyone! So I visited VBR for a few nights in November 2019, it was my last big overseas trip right before the pandemic. I bought a coffee mug that has a turtle on one side and "Sun, Sea, Sand" with the resort name underneath on the other. It's been looked after incredibly well since I got it, and only handwashed since it isn't dishwasher safe. Anyway, my parents housesat for me last weekend and put it through the dishwasher and it's come out having the design completely washed off it. Pretty annoyed to be honest :(

Does anyone know if this mug is still available in the gift store? And if there's a way to get in touch with the resort directly to see if they can ship one to Australia? (Happy to pay whatever the associated costs are, my parents are going to reimburse for it). My understanding is the phone numbers go to a call centre, and I can't find a resort-specific email address.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Hi everyone! So I visited VBR for a few nights in November 2019, it was my last big overseas trip right before the pandemic. I bought a coffee mug that has a turtle on one side and "Sun, Sea, Sand" with the resort name underneath on the other. It's been looked after incredibly well since I got it, and only handwashed since it isn't dishwasher safe. Anyway, my parents housesat for me last weekend and put it through the dishwasher and it's come out having the design completely washed off it. Pretty annoyed to be honest :(

Does anyone know if this mug is still available in the gift store? And if there's a way to get in touch with the resort directly to see if they can ship one to Australia? (Happy to pay whatever the associated costs are, my parents are going to reimburse for it). My understanding is the phone numbers go to a call centre, and I can't find a resort-specific email address.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
Hope this is still a good number, but I have the front desk number in my contacts list -- (772) 234-2000 I'm sure they can connect you to the gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter