VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Have any of you visited VB between Christmas and New Years? Are there any holiday activities going on?

Heading to Vero Beach in 2 weeks for the first time ever! Long weekend, just 3 nights and 4 days but I can't wait! I do want to relax by the pool and the beach so I'm trying not to make a lot of reservations but I am going to make a reservation for the Florida Cracker Air Boat Ride as well as a dinner reservation at the OC Grill. Do you think I can wing it without other reservations for the rest of the trip? It's my husbands 54th bday so I figured a nice dinner and the airboat thing would be nice! ***UPDATE - Ocean Grill closes on Sept 6 through Sept 17. Back to the drawing board on a nice dinner reservation***

Last edited:
We are heading down to Vero next month for our 30th anniversary. We have debated pushing due to the crazy spike of Covid but both being vaccinated we are going to come but want to take precautions. Does anyone have any suggestions for local take-out that will hold up to coming back to the resort and eating (not pizza) or outdoor dining that is spread out a bit and not still on top of each other. We have only eaten off property at Taco Dive (family favorite when we all went) and Beach bites. Thank you so much.

Many people here traveled Mid-Late August to Vero Beach?

What does the weather tend to be like? As I imagine it's near hurricane weather?

Is Disney too cheap to keep the Mickey on the corner of the property???

Attachments

• 707975AB-A071-44B7-B865-9C4A90BCEBDF.jpeg
    707975AB-A071-44B7-B865-9C4A90BCEBDF.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 25
  • E1A1DD76-7C6C-427E-8305-FFEFCFCCC895.jpeg
    E1A1DD76-7C6C-427E-8305-FFEFCFCCC895.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 25
There used to be a large Mickey “bush sculpture” (not sure I would classify it as a topiary, but perhaps) on the corner of the property. Unfortunately, that is no longer there.
That’s interesting because we were there in August during two separate weeks and noticed that they are not cutting the grass often enough. This reduction in lawn maintenance is definitely new. I figured it was aanother cost cutting thing using “climate change” or some other shenanigans as a cover. So your observation fits into what I saw.

So we've finally booked our stay for next year (17th-23rd August)

We have the Deluxe Inn room with Ocean view and while I'm sure there's no such thing as a bad view with them, does anyone have room recommendations?

We are heading to Vero Beach in early November for a few nights. I have our reservations for Wind and Waves already booked, but we were wondering what some of the other local favorites? Just DH and I this trip, first trip alone in a while now that the kids are off to college. Thanks!

Was actually just there at the end of August. The trip was quite pleasant, with great weather, and a great time for me and my family. Lots of time in the pool, but also lots of time to just relax in our villa.

We are heading to Vero Beach in early November for a few nights. I have our reservations for Wind and Waves already booked, but we were wondering what some of the other local favorites? Just DH and I this trip, first trip alone in a while now that the kids are off to college. Thanks!
Honestly, many here will answer your questions, but this has been asked more times than I can count in this thread. I feel it should be a sticky….

Do you have a car?
How far are you willing to drive?
Price range?
Just you as a couple has been answered.

Honestly, many here will answer your questions, but this has been asked more times than I can count in this thread. I feel it should be a sticky….

Do you have a car?
How far are you willing to drive?
Price range?
Just you as a couple has been answered.
Yes we have a car, we would probably be willing to go up to 25 miles away and we don't want to go V & A expensive but it doesn't have to be cheap. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter