Vero Beach Airport

granolacruncher11

Mouseketeer
Where would you fly to when going to Vero Beach? Can you rent a vehicle at that airport but then drop it off at the Orlando airport? Also can anyone post some links to pics of a beach cottage? Oh and one more thing, what is the weather generally like at Vero Beach in December? TIA

Orlando and West Palm Beach airports are about equi-distant to Vero Beach. You may also find a carrier near you that flies into Melbourne, FL which would be closest but is a smaller airport with fewer flights, usually requiring a change somewhere along the way.

You can rent cars and drop them off at different airports....sometimes there is an additional charge for doing that.

Weather in December would be similar to Orlando but a usually a few degree warmer. December is tough to call in Florida, in general it's warm in early December and gets very unpredictable toward late December with the possibility of some truly cold days...often followed quickly by warm days. This year I believe they had excellent warm weather through most of December

The ocean temps in Vero stay fairly moderate as the gulf stream runs right offshore.

As Pam said above both airports are about the same distance (100 miles). But you will get better prices and more selections flying into Orlando (MCO) airport.

We always fly in and out of Orlando when we travel.This past December it was warmer than normal here in VB. Around 75-79 degrees during the day.

Here is a link below about VB with pictures of the Beach Cottage.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/vbr.htm

I love flying into/out of Melbourne -- so nice and small -- no lines for anything. But the downside is less flights, one carrier pretty much (Delta), and higher prices. I didn't care when I lived there because my employer was paying, not me!

But if you can get a deal to fly there, I'd take it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter