Veranda Dividers

Does anyone happen to have 12024/12026? And can the divider be removed? Looking at possibly upgrading 2 of our rooms. Or even 12526/12528? Weird question - could I book one Category T and one Category V and connect? Prob not but worth the ask. :)

Does anyone happen to have 12024/12026? And can the divider be removed? Looking at possibly upgrading 2 of our rooms. Or even 12526/12528? Weird question - could I book one Category T and one Category V and connect? Prob not but worth the ask. :)
As far as I know all the verandah dividers on the Dream class ships (except for those on deck 10 that the divider is part of the superstructure of the ship - roughly every 2nd or 3rd one) open. Again, they don't totally "remove", it's just a panel that folds back on the divider itself.

If the Cat V & Cat T are next door to each other, my guess is that the divider can open between them.

All balconies on 11 and 12 can connect.
Actually can deck 11 between the skin? ? ?
My same uncertainty as the cat 4e's
Searched videos and yes. Balconies connect on 11 between skin at rounded balconies.
jump to 4:20.

They do park the washing platform just aft of the most aft starboard cat V.
Easily in sight of cat T 12526 too.
It can be disappointing the first day, but you quickly get over it.

The balconies on non bumpout / non front facing cat T's are just like all other balconies but twice as wide.

Video of standard cat T balcony, skip to 3:06.

HTH

Also balconies on 11 are about three feet deeper, but are more enclosed with glass.
Some say a sauna and an echo chamber. YMMV.

fwiw;

458bddbe.jpg

@Bear3412 any potential problems with moving 4 of my rooms closer to midship away from elevator to 9544, 9546, 9548, 9550 if we still want 4 balconines in a row with open partitions that you know of?

.... any potential problems with moving 4 of my rooms closer to midship away from elevator ....

Are you sure you moved closer to midship? I assume you know where you moved,. I like it. Especially if all adults.
With kids you may have to experiment with paths to lido. IYKWIM.

Most pax feel being near an elevator, in general, does not generate more noise. Especially if you are on the outside of the hallways. Meaning verandas and OV's.
Many pax love being near the elevators.
You are half way between the fore and mid elevators. Great locale.
Of course there is a couple elevator lobbies that have the MSDA though.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/midship-detective-agency/

I believe those are aft. IRRC,. Maybe 7 and 9. Or maybe it is only one aft elevator lobby deck aft.
Not applicable to your locale. ... Never mind....

to 9544, 9546, 9548, 9550 if we still want 4 balconies in a row with open partitions that you know of?

Not sure where you are moving from (cabins). But I have no problem with your new stated cabins. The pairs connect internally.
Cabins are located closer to the forward elevator bank. Or between the fore and mid elevator banks. If using forward bank to get to deck 11/lido that is thru the adult area and some pax will give you the look, if with kids. fwiw. Perhaps use Mid elevator bank to get to pool. Or stairs. Or plow thru the adult area as many others do. lol.

All these balcony partitions will open, as they have in the past. No problems with opening the veranda partitions on all of these cabins.
You should have a massive 4 cabin connected balcony.
So what does that mean. 32 - 38 foot balcony. Using 4 cat 5 veranda balcony cabins. :)

You do know only 1/2 the veranda divider opens , yes?
Its not like the whole entire verandas connect. Yes?
It's like a small door.

Example;

Girls%20Cruise%201%20959-L.jpg

Noise in red.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
.... could I book one Category T and one Category V and connect? .... :)

Of course you can, if the cabins are able to connect.
The verandas will too.
https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Disney-Fantasy

On the Dream and Fantasy that seems to be DCL's whole point.
To reserve over 5 pax, ... book connecting CL cabins at twice or five times the price.

Cat T and connecting cat V.
Cat R and connecting cat T , or connecting cat V.

Or connect them all.
2 cat R's, 1 cat T (middle forward), and 2 cat V's. (side)
I must admit this is a cool possibility that exists with the Dream Class unlike the Magic Class.

In peak summer, with 2 pax occupancy per cabin, that config is close to $100k fwiw.

Good Luck to All.

Last edited:
And from my estimate you have no external skinage to deal with on the balcony.

Your cabin group is directly in the middle of the skin. Directly between the vertical skin.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/outside1.jpg

IOW, no obstruction, even this odd skinnage that presents itself occasionally is not applicable to your cabin group IMO.

Nice cabin group choice.

The skin is not in place in these drydock pics fwiw. Although you can draw the lines down.
Lines drawn;
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/414aa1a2-1.jpg

from; https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...see-the-pictures-index-now-in-post-7.2586763/

Enjoy

Last edited:
Your cabin group is directly in the middle of the skin. Directly between the vertical skin.

IOW, no obstruction, even this odd skinnage that presents itself occasionally is not applicable to your cabin group IMO.

Nice cabin group choice.

Good point - I wouldn't have thought of that. Thank you and great pics and input.

We were in the rooms on either side of the wider white piece (skin??) you show in your first picture @Bear3412. We LOVED our rooms and would choose them again in a heartbeat!! It was so neat to look down and see directly into the ocean and not the top of a lifeboat. It was also a great spot when we were in port as there was lots of action to watch as the ship was docking. We'll choose these rooms again for sure!!! (Disney Fantasy 7564 and 7566)

We were in the rooms on either side of the wider white piece (skin??) you show in your first picture @Bear3412. We LOVED our rooms and would choose them again in a heartbeat!! It was so neat to look down and see directly into the ocean and not the top of a lifeboat. It was also a great spot when we were in port as there was lots of action to watch as the ship was docking. We'll choose these rooms again for sure!!! (Disney Fantasy 7564 and 7566)
That's what we have, too. I was worried that the skin would be a distraction, so thanks for saying you loved your rooms and view.

That's what we have, too. I was worried that the skin would be a distraction, so thanks for saying you loved your rooms and view.
Does anyone know if 10620 and 10622 rooms on Disney fantasy can open the partition?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter