Vegetarian options at Disneyland

viatabuna

the happiest DISer on earth
Hello!

So sorry if this has been posted before, but I figured I'd start a new thread since some menus are constantly evolving and changing. I'm visiting the parks next weekend, and it's my first Disney trip as a vegetarian! I'm looking for food recommendations and must-haves. For the record, it does not have to be vegan, but that's welcome just the same!

Thanks everyone! :)

Thank you for doing this! I am super curious too. We are going vegetarian as a family for lent this year and are trying to figure out how we will survive especially during our trip to DL in April. I am looking forward to seeing the replies and hoping for some yummy options!

Vegetarian chili at cozy cones. <3

Sandwich at award wieners although not a great value at the price imo.

Veggie skewer at bengal bbq

Salads & pasta at boardwalk pizza & pasta (minus chicken)

SAlad at French market

I eat fish. Blue bayou was good. Had in March.

All the others I ate in December.

This helped:
http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menu/

Thanks so much for the recommendations and the link! I will check it out! I'm excited for a skewer; Bengal BBQ has always been a favorite.

The cauliflower samosa burger at Red Rose Tavern is awesome!

I also really like the veggie burger from the Habit food truck in DtD (if available)

Chefs Vegan Burger at Carnation Cafe is very nice (reservations needed)

The caprese sandwich at Jolly Holliday is really good (I've heard the toasted cheese sandwich and tomato soup is also good, but haven't tried it myself)

Anything (pretty much) at Rancho Del Zocalo can be vegetarianized. They will switch the meat with veggies. The taco salad bowl is amazing! They also have cauliflower tacos now, but I havent tried them yet.

One thing I'd skip is the jackfruit sandwich at Smokejumpers, unless you're a huge fan of spicy food. It's extremely messy and I had to go to the restroom to wash my hands after! Hard pass for me from now on.

Thanks, everyone! That cauliflower samosa burger sounds SO GOOD. I will definitely be checking that out! And Rancho del Zocalo. I find Mexican food to be nice and filling without meat, what with the beans and tortillas and veggies.

Make sure to bring some vegetarian or vegan snacks and protein bars with you to tide you over in case you get stuck looking for something you can eat or something you like. Don't be a hanger victim! We've seen guests just blow up at CMs because there wasn't anything "good" for vegetarians or anything vegan on a restaurant menu. Do your research -- the menus are available online so that you can get a basic idea of what's available and where. Yes, menus can change and suppliers can change (so be aware that what was labeled safe for you online may have changed by the time you get to DLR -- always ask!). But bringing your own snacks isn't difficult and can at least keep you from starving!

For any TS dining, note on your reservation that there will be however many vegetarians or vegans in your party. Repeat at check in and with your server. If you don't see something you like on the menu, ask what dishes can be altered, if any, to be made vegetarian or vegan. Sometimes something can be made custom. But be aware that if a dish is customized, it can take longer to make than something ordered from the menu. So make allowances for that.

I’m a 24-year vegetarian and nearly always bring my own lunch to the park (vegan tuna salad sandwich, carrots, an apple or an orange, mixed nuts and a Lärabar. Aside: I once sat next to Lara, the creator, on a flight. I was skeptical of her claim and Googled her upon landing. It was definitely her). However, on the occasions when I do eat at the park, Rancho del Zocalo is always my go-to. Their veggie tacos are very nice and, given how pricey the park can be, reasonably priced, especially with my AP discount.

I am vegetarian and my husband is vegan, and we always feel so spoiled for choice at the parks! Our loose eating plan for our next trip in April over both parks is
Bengal BBQ veggie kebab, rice plate and hommus trio
Pizza Plant vegan gf pizza
Royal Street Verandah Vegan Gumbo in sourdough bowl
Carnation cafe Vegan waffles and pancakes
Lucky Fortune Cookery Tofu bowl and edamame
Tangeroa Terrace has just released a new menu too which looks awesome for vegans.

If you are on facebook or instagram follow happiestveganonearth for reviews and new food coming out.

I am vegetarian and my husband is vegan, and we always feel so spoiled for choice at the parks! Our loose eating plan for our next trip in April over both parks is
Bengal BBQ veggie kebab, rice plate and hommus trio
Pizza Plant vegan gf pizza
Royal Street Verandah Vegan Gumbo in sourdough bowl
Carnation cafe Vegan waffles and pancakes
Lucky Fortune Cookery Tofu bowl and edamame
Tangeroa Terrace has just released a new menu too which looks awesome for vegans.

If you are on facebook or instagram follow happiestveganonearth for reviews and new food coming out.

Thank you SO much!

Eating vegan at the park can be tricky, but vegetarian is easy. Our favorite is Rancho. The burritos are large and filling. Also Cocina Cucomonga at DCA is great. I enjoy the taco salad there. The jack fruit someone mentioned as a no is okay if you can eat spicy. But honestly I'm disappointed they no longer carry a basic veggie burger there as the toppings bar is fun. And the cozy cone chili is good as someone mentioned.
We often bring snacks, but that is more for healthy food choices. Most treats and snacks are vegetarian, but few are vegan. The Dole Whip is dairy free.
Enjoy trying new things on your trip .

I'm a 30+ year vegetarian and I have to say I'm always pleased with the choices at Disneyland & DCA. So much better than the choices when I was younger.

My favorites are:
-Jolly Holiday - I love the Jolly Holiday Combo & the grilled vegetable & grain salad
-Rancho Del Zocalo - Bean, Rice & Veggie Burrito
-Vegetarian Chilli Cone from The Cozy Cones
-The Jackfruit sandwich from Smokejumpers - it is messy but my husband and I shared it and loved it. Now we make it all the time at home.

I find some other things good, but don't usually go out of my way to get them:
-Vegetarian Gumbo from Royal Street Verdana
-Veggie wrap at Galatic Grill

I'm looking forward to trying some new things when we visit in April!
-The vegan hot dog posted above from Harbour Galley
-Messy Melvin's Vegan Specialty Burger
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/hungry-bear-restaurant/menus/
-Spiced Vegetable Bao from Tropical Hideway

A quick update: I had the spiced vegetable bao and ramen salad shaker from Tropical Hideaway this weekend, and they were both FANTASTIC! I highly recommend them, whether or not you are vegetarian. :)

I'm looking forward to trying some new things when we visit in April!
-The vegan hot dog posted above from Harbour Galley
-Messy Melvin's Vegan Specialty Burger
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/hungry-bear-restaurant/menus/
-Spiced Vegetable Bao from Tropical Hideway

That burger is new since last summer. Sounds like am improvement though I'll forever miss the fried green tomato sandwich.
I’m always iffy with fake meat, but maybe one day I’ll give this a try!
I buy my kids veggie dogs sometimes. They like them. Some brands taste better than others. My husband and I generally eat bean burgers when the kids have hotdogs as I'm not a fan. But I am hopeful they'll expand the offering of veggie dogs and burgers at the parks .

My favorites are:
-Jolly Holiday - I love the Jolly Holiday Combo & the grilled vegetable & grain salad
-Rancho Del Zocalo - Bean, Rice & Veggie Burrito...

We're not vegetarian, but these are some of our favorites, too, especially the grilled veggie and grain salad at Jolly Holiday.

I’m always iffy with fake meat, but maybe one day I’ll give this a try!
I've heard that they are using the Field Roast brand for the hot dog at Harbor Galley. I buy those all the time and they are delicious. This would definitely be on my list of things to eat during my visit if I wasn't the world's messiest eater. I always find a way to spill on myself, and I can definitely see that happening with the lentil chili topping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter