Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Just got back from Disney World. Went to the Hoop Dee Doo which was alot of fun. Haven’t seen that in years. I ordered the vegetarian meal since I don’t eat meat, chicken or pork. They served me a plant based sausage and a jack fruit thing that was supposed to mimic pulled pork. Well the show was great, the plant based meal was not so good. Could not even eat it. But I did have the salad, vegetarian cowboy beans and the cornbread and I was satisfied.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. My family wen to the Hoop Dee Doo back in June and the meal was great. The sausage was the same Impossible one you find elsewhere on property (or at home) and nothing special, but the BBQ jackfruit we had was great. All the veggies (potatoes, green beans, and cauliflower, if I recall) were great, and I got multiple refills of the green beans. We are vegetarian (not vegan), so we also enjoyed the Mac & cheese. Overall, it was a hit for all members of the family.

Hopefully, Disney will fix whatever has happened since then!

Anxiously awaiting a review of the veggie entree platter at the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ at DHS! Have you tried it yet? I'll report back after my meal there next month, but hoping to read a review here before then!

Anxiously awaiting a review of the veggie entree platter at the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ at DHS! Have you tried it yet? I'll report back after my meal there next month, but hoping to read a review here before then!
WDW News Today posted a review of all the items, including the vegetarian/vegan selections.

I enjoyed the platter…. I was very close to asking for seconds on the plant based chop if I wasn’t so full on sides…. I could of had a whole order of the beans myself they were so good

Any recommendations for favorite character breakfasts with good vegan options? We have Topolino's booked but are thinking about cancelling. We've done Tusker House and enjoyed it, but are looking for something new.

We have Garden Grill booked for lunch one day and Roundup Rodeo BBQ for an early dinner on another day, so we probably wouldn't want another table service meal in DHS.

Any recommendations for favorite character breakfasts with good vegan options? We have Topolino's booked but are thinking about cancelling. We've done Tusker House and enjoyed it, but are looking for something new.

We have Garden Grill booked for lunch one day and Roundup Rodeo BBQ for an early dinner on another day, so we probably wouldn't want another table service meal in DHS.
I haven't been there since before Covid, but I've had decent vegan options at 'ohana breakfast. In 2019 I got a platter with vegan sausage (I think it was Impossible?), Just egg, Mickey waffles, fruit, etc. On a previous visit the chef made tofu for me, but that was quite a few years ago so I don't know if that's still an option now that they have the vegan sausage and eggs on hand.

I haven't been there since before Covid, but I've had decent vegan options at 'ohana breakfast. In 2019 I got a platter with vegan sausage (I think it was Impossible?), Just egg, Mickey waffles, fruit, etc. On a previous visit the chef made tofu for me, but that was quite a few years ago so I don't know if that's still an option now that they have the vegan sausage and eggs on hand.
Forgot to add that we did 'Ohana last year and really enjoyed it. It was standard waffles, sausage, potatoes, and fruit, but it was plentiful and delicious!

Just got back from Disney, had dinner at ohana one night. It was terrible. Not sure if this is common anymore been years since we’ve eaten there. My wife is vegetarian, they brought out her little skillet and all the food was ice cold. Asked for a fresher one and it was still cold. I really wish Disney would get away from all these impossible meats. They are not good and the ingredients in them are terrible. My wife prefers the sides at most restaurants instead of the fake meats. Disney should have more options for those that don’t want to eat fake meat.

We had our first trip to WDW two weeks ago and I thought I'd share about the different plant-based foods we tried. Overall, we enjoyed the food a lot (although our breakfasts were meh).

Spyglass Grill at CBR - had the plant-based breakfast burrito. It was ok, but needed some sort of salsa or dipping sauce (I was missing the spicy maple syrup from the breakfast shwarma in Disney California Adventure).

Centertown Market at CBR - got the oatmeal two days in a row. Nothing special but not terrible. Tried my son's breakfast potatoes too, pretty good.

Sebastian's at CBR - Enjoyed the plant-based platter a lot. They were trialing some sort of vegan fish cake that I didn't love but the rest was great. Especially the salad and appreciated a vegan dessert option. Would definitely return!

Epcot - Ate at mainly the Trowel and Trellis booth for Flower and Garden. Loved all the plant-based options and got seconds of the cake and lumpias. The Korean Impossible short rib also good. We were too full and tired to try everything on our list. We also got the Dole Whip that is the "prize" for ordering 5 things on the Garden Graze. My son enjoyed it a lot, I was too full from all the lumpias and cake.

AMWts8CphAAzzGZY-cQI1ly-tO-Yy6PNRxjA7PCCH10X1e6hTsHejSidpBzrgSPAsdHXSiFWtvMvo0JO2aeP7ZVs5ZsdltdrOI7M8VbE0UTIUpbuEEN6FKtKSI_wGWEznM9Z30aq6jMnDhb5KoQ4BDXCcv4z=w557-h743-s-no

MK - We had lunch at Jungle Skipper Canteen and got the falafel appetizer, the soup of the day (African peanut stew), and the kid's tofu curry. All of it was very good. We also got the plant-based hot dogs at Casey's Corner for dinner, along with the Mint Julep lemonade slushies. The dogs were great, the slushies were too sweet even for my kid.

AMWts8A1iIK8z71XQM_RkZYYRi00ZQz0ZR2EqsZbdTr67kif2xZcRPYSmywV6e1P4o4fdjnp56kh-XWsyBm9Lnq2MXSzJBCHZWgn2qh54fNuyvxRG-H7RbeNX11QMYYeUpd9Gk_OMnHCgAEFVRCZPU7Yizax=w557-h743-s-no
AMWts8AVE_aftVSCNWfNV0pV1p-USpv9fxUsTi_rvqoVUfVhwrsC__spH_aoTxTOZDOlQ7CkrgPgAg_K9-UHS8BRzetCmGRwbNAmQG3O56dzBSvvsaekxI5DM3t3J8CCkQm7ynn3mVoy3XKjqTmKgmzOcrHy=w557-h743-s-no

MK dessert party - I requested vegan desserts when I made the reservation and was happy with the special plate they gave me. It was definitely a step up from the vegan (mostly fruit) plates I've had at dessert events at Disneyland. It had some mini-cupcakes, raspberry sorbet, two cookies, two types of short-bread and fruit. The cupcakes and sorbet were my favorite. I was pretty full and they let me take a to-go box (that unfortunately got very squished in my backpack.

AMWts8BMqEVuR4ZkDl0B25XocTqiQ0yp2LhkJVPHqNFYG883DrJtMie2or8oVI0T1RF73lo5hjsYmoPPMOcxDTixb8-u1VQAcKg3Xq_1ShMV3NAbE8s9l7qHSpYEqNLxMX8I-urdZhTEQDYoixhb8_jx1bgk=w991-h743-s-no

AK - Nomad's Lounge - This was our favorite dining experience. We had a modified poke bowl with tofu that both my son and I absolutely loved, along with the impossible sliders. The vibe sitting outside was very tranquil on a busy park day.

AMWts8BYGX3U00etfB5OUPyicZ_hZB-d5wXzdQ-PxcIONnWirIwq064uCILEWGbskc_e4IDwV63VQtpUvf1jjVUppW7aLcGzVT94zdj4P8yDWXK498TjQsEMALQzOadN_P1H1xKUMJRztCrFzcLrIpY_0_Fc=w557-h743-s-no

HS - We had reservations for Roundup Rodeo the day after it opened. It was great to have many plant-based options to try in the spread (I miss BBQ from my pre-vegan days!). I especially loved the modified corn on the cob, the impossible rib, and the plant-based dessert.

AMWts8AvZt_YBNRos87xVnXU-aCE5_d6XJbRTQKjSS3HED-5hfDcEeE2fgTVjTKTrVq6IBL-nkCZNcx9EIjwn_WPa_7m7iwGnv6Kq6e4kq8qEIfiyTRn7l5t6tX2W59VTEawEVYauATmLgB1G9_-1MNr4sV0=w557-h743-s-no

Definitely need a longer trip next time to try more foods!

I was perusing the breakfast menu at the All Stars and was excited to see the Mickey waffles are now plant based! 🎉 Does anyone know if the kids waffles are the same? The adult portion is way too much food for me.

I was perusing the breakfast menu at the All Stars and was excited to see the Mickey waffles are now plant based! 🎉 Does anyone know if the kids waffles are the same? The adult portion is way too much food for me.
They have regular and plant based ones. From my experience, even though it's on the menu, you still have to talk to a chef to ask for the vegan ones. It might have changed though!

ETA: I've been able to order a child's portion of the plant based ones multiple times without any issue!

Last edited:
I had the plant waffles at the Riverside food court a few weeks ago. I don't recall child plant waffles being listed as a menu item, but I feel confident they can make that happen. At Riverside, the standard waffles and plant waffles were made right next to one another. I'm sure they could slip a plant one into a kid's order

Does anyone know if they’ll be offering plant-based substitutions for the breakfast platters at Garden Grill for breakfast (or if they still have a plant-based option for lunch/dinner)?

Does anyone know if they’ll be offering plant-based substitutions for the breakfast platters at Garden Grill for breakfast (or if they still have a plant-based option for lunch/dinner)?
Garden Grill Restaurant
Lunch and Dinner

• Garden Salad
  • Veggie Loaf
  • Rice Pilaf and Garden-Fresh Vegetables
  • House-Made Berry Shortcake
On the breakfast menu it has allergy friendly waffles, home fries, and fruit, so I'm sure they'll have a plant based option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter