Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I don’t mind eating a vegan junk food meat alt on occasion but prefer to eat the healthier stuff as the main part of my diet. For protein/main dishes I prefer tofu, beans, legumes, or alt meat made with seitan or jackfruit and few to no “what is that?” ingredients. Even before going vegan I rarely bought food at Disney both because of cost and the fact that most of it is junk food even by non-WFPB standards. I get its a theme park but who wants to eat (greasy/fried) junk food for days on end?

If you want something for breakfast that isn't popcorn or fruit (if you can find fruit), then your best bet is having breakfast food in the room.

I like having breakfast at the resort, where there are plenty of options for you (and me--I'm vegan), but RDing means leaving before the QS opens. Very annoying--and everyone else on the early-morning bus will readily agree with you!
So true. Aside from the huge cost, one reason not to do Club Level is that to us, the biggest benefit of CL is breakfast. And if you want to rope drop, the CL will not be open early enough. So now we save all that cash and eat breakfast in the room. We drive so we have a great cooler.

Yeah, I'm super annoyed at what they have done with the combination of QS hours and park hours. Last Spring at the Poly they were technically opening Captain cooks at 7AM- but they didn't take allergy orders until 7:30. And then, they weren't staffing the register to push people to do mobile orders, so it might take 15+ minutes to order. We gave up RD at Animal kingdom before even trying, but by the time we could just get a side order of bacon for my son people had been in the parks for an hour already!

I was just hoping someone might have secret tricks for some location that decided to start doing allergy waffles in the park or something.
I can't speak specifically to vegetarian, but we recently stayed at Swan Reserve. We were able to have a continental breakfast delivered before 7am. I think we chose 6:30am, but could have picked 6am. There are also some grab and go options at Fuel (Dolphin) and the grab+go at SR was small, but has good variety for a small place.

The continental options included oatmeal, a gluten-free muffin (not sure vegetarian though), yogurt. I'm not sure what else. They also served a Mickey waffle, but it was not GF. You could also get fruit. The oatmeal came with berries on top.

You could also try delivery from Whole Foods/Prime. If you are visiting Universal there's a WF very close on Sand Lake. They have Abe's mini-muffins, plus a ton of other options. I've never tried delivery; we just try to stop in when we stay at Universal.

What are your favourite vegan desserts at WDW other than Dole Whip and popcorn?
Besides more flavors of dole whip? They can do beignets at POFQ.

I really like Erin McKenna's, but they are also gluten free so that depends on what you're used to. Our house was forced into becoming gluten free for allergies before it became a popular baking method so their products are like the very heavy earlier versions of what a lot of gluten-free baking was like. It was literally the only thing we used to get to eat so for us it's great but people who are more recently vegan or gluten-free find their products too heavy.

GFC: apple crisp with vegan ice cream (this is really great); also GFC has a couple of vegan entree items that aren't on the menu, like they'll make the miso salmon with tofu instead--just ask your waitperson

Dino-Bites at DAK (they don't always have this, but they often do): Tofutti ice cream (vanilla or chocolate) in a wafer cone (the wafer cones are all vegan there)

Erin McKenna's at DS (as the PP mentioned): some things there are better than others; the chocolate chip cookies are delish

Mama Melrose's sometimes has Tofutti ice cream for dessert, but not always, and, btw, this isn't dessert, but MM will make vegan spaghetti marina, which isn't on the menu, if you ask

That's off the top of my head. Someone else already mentioned the vegan beignets at POFQ, which are great.

They used to sell vegan chocolate bars at all the resort gift shops, but I haven't seen them since 2019. I keep hoping they'll come back.

Any one know if Whispering Canyon Cafe does the “all you care to enjoy” skillet in a vegan version for breakfast?

edit: forgot to specify for breakfast!

Last edited:

At Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT, there is usually one dessert that is plant-based. It has changed off and on, but right now it is the Cookies and Cream Chocolate Mousse Cup, which I really enjoy, but you have to really like chocolate lol

Please suggest our best option for a vegan lunch in Disney Springs. My DD and I are going on a cruise and for my Disney fix, we're taking the excursion to DS. DD is vegan and I'm an omnivore. I'll find something to eat anywhere, so I'm looking for something that she will really enjoy.

Please suggest our best option for a vegan lunch in Disney Springs. My DD and I are going on a cruise and for my Disney fix, we're taking the excursion to DS. DD is vegan and I'm an omnivore. I'll find something to eat anywhere, so I'm looking for something that she will really enjoy.
My go-to vegan lunch at DS is Blaze Pizza. I haven't tried anywhere else, but check out vegandisneyworld.com, where there are several reviews of places at DS.
Here's the link to the DS lineup: https://vegandisneyworld.com/vegan-options/disney-springs/

Anyone have any experience staying club level, specifically curious about YC for apps/dinner time? I know the usual veg and hummus/cheese and crackers will be an option, just wondering if they would provide anything else?

Anyone have any experience staying club level, specifically curious about YC for apps/dinner time? I know the usual veg and hummus/cheese and crackers will be an option, just wondering if they would provide anything else?
We did Poly club a few times, I remember vegie sushi, and some rice noodle vegetable thing. But now that I’m typing it, that sounds like it might be a Poly specific menu. There is a club level thread that might be able to help you. :)

Couples have a tendency to put you in touch with the chef who can make something for you if you have needs that are not met with the food they are serving. It's been a few years but our experience with someone with many allergies at the yacht club club level was that it took them until the second day but at that point we would call down when we were ready and they would send something up for him for each food service.

I lucked into finding a Skipper Canteen reservation yesterday! I had been checking but they were all gone, then one popped up yesterday so I booked it right away. I'm excited about all of their veggie options, though I am sad to find out that the Perkins Thai Noodles are no more since those looked very tasty.

This leaves the tofu curry "Crew Stew" and I read that you can replace the new Dandan noodles dish with tofu. There is the hummus app too but I'll likely get the tofu curry or the dandan noodles with tofu--if anyone has tried these I'd love to hear how they were for you!

I lucked into finding a Skipper Canteen reservation yesterday! I had been checking but they were all gone, then one popped up yesterday so I booked it right away. I'm excited about all of their veggie options, though I am sad to find out that the Perkins Thai Noodles are no more since those looked very tasty.

This leaves the tofu curry "Crew Stew" and I read that you can replace the new Dandan noodles dish with tofu. There is the hummus app too but I'll likely get the tofu curry or the dandan noodles with tofu--if anyone has tried these I'd love to hear how they were for you!
I haven’t tried the noodles but the curry was one of the best things I’ve eaten at Disney. I really enjoyed it.

Is there anywhere to still get the cauliflower tacos? We haven’t been since 2018 and I notice they are no longer listed on the menus in the app. I know that sometimes you can get things not listed by request so I’m wondering if that is an option at all anywhere. I really enjoyed those at Pecos Bill on our last trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter