Vancouver Hotels....where did you stay pre-cruise?

Another vote for Pan Pacific, yea it cost $'s but so nice not messing with luggage and just taking the elevator down to the port. Plus we had a view of the harbor so we could see the Wonder sail in that morning.

We just got back. We stayed for a couple nights before the cruise at the Hilton Hotel Metrotown. I was a little frightened by the downtown prices and this looked like a cool area and was close to the Skytrain, which we were comfortable with from prior trips. Cabbed from airport to hotel and then Disney ground transfers from cruise to airport. Reasonably painless, but if you're looking for minimum effort, stay downtown.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver wall center in downtown. It’s pricey but we used air miles so only paid like 50$. Our room was on the 20 something floor with a beautiful panoramic view. They offer free shuttles the cruise port.

Post cruise if you are going directly to YVR consider taking the train. It was something like 3$ person and takes you right from port directly to the airport. Our cruise returned on a Saturday so the train wasn’t busy at all.

We just got back from doing a 7 day Alaska Cruise in August 2018. We stayed at the Moda hotel. I was able to get a great price two weeks before we left. We did have a room at Comfort Inn, but cancelled because of the better rate. It's an OK for the night type of hotel. The rooms are a little dated and due for refurbishment. The best part about the hotel is its location. Right in the middle of downtown, walking distance to everything. Grocery store down the street, and a good pizza place across from that. We stayed here once before when we did a repo cruise to San Diego.

We stayed in the Fairmont Pacific Rim

Super pricey (even more expensive than the Pan Pacific).

But only a block away from the cruise terminal (and they have a complimentary shuttle service to the terminal).

And it was literally one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in (5 star quality IMO).

In addidtion, they have a complimentary bike service (ideal for riding around the Stanley Park sea wall if you have a bit of extra time).

If you're looking for the all-out, spare no expense vacation experience, I highly recommend this hotel. On the other hand, if you're just looking for a half decent place to sleep the night before the cruise at the lowest possible price, this is probably about the last hotel you'd want to pick.

We'll be doing this a week from tomorrow! We'll be at the Hyatt Regency only because we cashed in points to cover some of the cost. Otherwise we are Marriott loyalists. Since we're only there about 36 hrs prior to getting on the ship we needed to be somewhere central in order to use our little time to investigate the city, primary the park, Grandville, & my eternal investigation of dessert shops!

Since we're only there about 36 hrs prior to getting on the ship we needed to be somewhere central in order to use our little time to investigate the city, primary the park, Grandville, & my eternal investigation of dessert shops!

OMG dessert, my favourite part of dinner :) Check out Thierry (cakes, pastries, macarons), Cartems Donuts, Beard Papas (cream puffs), Bella Gelateria for ice cream....

OMG dessert, my favourite part of dinner :) Check out Thierry (cakes, pastries, macarons), Cartems Donuts, Beard Papas (cream puffs), Bella Gelateria for ice cream....
Yep! Thierry is definitely on my list, especially since it's right behind our hotel. I'm also looking at Ganache Patisserie, as ganache is my fave!!!

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim.
We watched the Wonder dock from our bed in the morning.
The hotel was a bit too fancy for us but quite an experience to start our trip.
The breakfast buffet was one of the best restaurant experiences we've had, fabulous food and overlooking the Wonder.
We stayed here on points from the now defunct Fairmont credit card.
Wish they would bring that back with the same sign up deal!

We just got back after staying in Vancouver for 4 days pre-cruise at the Park Inn & Suites. Great for a family of 5; we used the excellent public transportation of Vancouver to get around. The area was fine (Shoppers Mart across the street, coffee shop, tea shop, Indian Food, a Tim Horton's, Malaysian food, three Chinese restaurants) and 4 blocks from the Canada Line. We got the suite which had a kitchenette, 2 queen beds and a rollaway bed. Tons of space in the room. Taxi to the port (for the 5 of us) was <$20 and the stay for 4 nights was <$1000.

Yep! Thierry is definitely on my list, especially since it's right behind our hotel. I'm also looking at Ganache Patisserie, as ganache is my fave!!!
It is close to the Hyatt? I booked Hyatt on points too. We’re there for two nights pre cruise next May.

Another vote for the Pinnacle. We were able to get a very reasonable rate, and it's a very nice hotel with a great location. Easy walk to Stanley Park, lots of great restaurants, etc. And it's only a couple of blocks downhill to the cruise terminal. Wouldn't want to walk back up the hill with luggage, though

I have a feeling that the convenience of the Pan Pacific for embarking and debarking will win us over for next year’s May cruises. Concierge offerings have been good, view from room is OK and staff has been wonderful.

Hotel Sylvia (or Sylvia Hotel). Loved it. Cute little historic place right across the beach and within walking distance of the huge park and the Granville Island ferry. Good jumping off point for exploring and a reasonably cheap taxi ride to the pier. Stayed two nights before and one night after the cruise. Has family rooms that are quite large with extra beds, sofa beds, etc.

We stayed in the Fairmont Pacific Rim

Super pricey (even more expensive than the Pan Pacific).

But only a block away from the cruise terminal (and they have a complimentary shuttle service to the terminal).

And it was literally one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in (5 star quality IMO).

In addidtion, they have a complimentary bike service (ideal for riding around the Stanley Park sea wall if you have a bit of extra time).

If you're looking for the all-out, spare no expense vacation experience, I highly recommend this hotel. On the other hand, if you're just looking for a half decent place to sleep the night before the cruise at the lowest possible price, this is probably about the last hotel you'd want to pick.

We stayed at Pacific Rim and it is definitely the nicest hotel in Vancouver. We didn't stay there for our cruise. Instead, we stayed at Pan Pacific which is also a wonderful hotel. And we've stayed at Fairmont Waterfront as well which is also wonderful. For a cruise, I would stay at Pan Pacific again, but for a luxury hotel, definitely Pacific Rim.:thumbsup2

I have a feeling that the convenience of the Pan Pacific for embarking and debarking will win us over for next year’s May cruises. Concierge offerings have been good, view from room is OK and staff has been wonderful.
Yes, we will stay at Pan Pacific in May. Embarking was a breeze!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!