Val & Dan's PJ- Wedding Canceled

Will they let you have it anywhere you want if you meet the minimums? Like the food minimum is what, $150/pp for 100 people, right? So if your food is $15K, shouldn't they let you have it wherever you want? I always thought that you just had to meet the minimum price...although not having a large enough party was not our problem...lol!

We've thought of that, that's for sure! I think they must have shifted their figures with the price hike, but if we are at 56 people, it doesn't make sense to pay for 80. I personally would pay for 60 or even 65, but at $ 150 pp each extra person means my princess goes from the dress of her dreams to the dress mama made in her basement. And I don't sew anymore. Poor Princess!!!

And as my princes pointed out when I said let's just throw money at them, we don't want to waste any food either. But I don't think what I consider money is considered real money to DLR :faint:

LOL

They don't charge you per person, though, I seem to recall. I thought that it was like, say your food minimum was $15,000. If you had 100 guests, and all the food/beverage added up to $150/person, you were good. If you had 50 guests, and you got a higher priced meal, pre-reception food, cake, beverages which all added up to $300/person, that worked, too. Likewise, if you had 150 guests and the food/beverage was only $100/person...any combo all adding up to the food minimum. Did that make sense? Maybe they changed things? It's confusing b/c they keep saying x dollars per person, when in reality it's just a large number that you have to meet. I don't know about smaller weddings. I always thought that you had to meet the food minimum regardless...as well as whatever other minimums they had...:confused3

I got married in '05, so I'm sure a lot of things have changed...

I started to post earlier today and my computer must have gotten tired because it just froze!:badpc: I couldn't even turn it off! Anyway- we decided on the Wisteria room for the Rose Court Garden. Since I wasn't in love with any of my choices and Dan did have an opinion I went with what he thought was better.
We are going to use the RCG for the ceremony. There aren't any other options right now but it's beautiful and I can't wait.

All the rose bushes should be in bloom when we get married! :cloud9: This next one is a picture of the gazebo. I LOVE the chandelier they had.
SiteMeetingTrip013.jpg

We also decided to move the wedding date up three weeks. The weather was so beautiful when my mom and I were there in March but I wanted the roses to be in bloom. So late April was the earliest we could go. I took some convincing but Dan understood the reasons. That's why I :love: him!!! So, we are just waiting for the paper work for now.

LOL

They don't charge you per person, though, I seem to recall. I thought that it was like, say your food minimum was $15,000. If you had 100 guests, and all the food/beverage added up to $150/person, you were good. If you had 50 guests, and you got a higher priced meal, pre-reception food, cake, beverages which all added up to $300/person, that worked, too. Likewise, if you had 150 guests and the food/beverage was only $100/person...any combo all adding up to the food minimum. Did that make sense? Maybe they changed things? It's confusing b/c they keep saying x dollars per person, when in reality it's just a large number that you have to meet. I don't know about smaller weddings. I always thought that you had to meet the food minimum regardless...as well as whatever other minimums they had...:confused3

I got married in '05, so I'm sure a lot of things have changed...

For me we have a per person food and beverage minimun not a food and beverage total minimum. I don't know if it really changes anything other than how they break it down.:confused3

gotcha!

I love the RCG...it was the only place (other than the castle) that I would have picked (wasn't crazy about the GC b/c of all the brown...lol)...plus it's the only location (again, other than the castle) where you can have the coach, which was a must for me...lol. They can do so much with the RCG...I've seen several different setups!

The gazebo is beautiful! Love the chandelier too!

The decorators were very excited about the chandelier, because not many DLR brides were using it. They were thrilled it was going to be in the photo shoot so that people would begin requesting it.

The best part was we each got to take a bouquet home with us from the shoot, because they were just for the pictures.

We got extra special attention when we were sitting in the cocktail lounge at the Grand later, with people coming up for a little sniff, but no free martini's, I am sorry to say!

Val will have to wear her bride ears next time we go!

So I spoke (when I say spoke I mean e-mail) with Cynthia this morning and she said I should have the contract by Friday. :cool1: That means it's real! After the contract we will be assigned a wedding planner and we can book our planning session. Since Dan & I will both be in our LAST semester of college this fall we are going to do the planning session in late July. :) Cynthia said they like to wait to do the tasting session but more than likely we can do it sooner due to our situation.

On our last trip to Disneyland (last month) my mom got our wedding ears. I was going to put a hidden mickey on Dan's groom ears but- they don't fit!! His head is too big. :sad2: But, my bridal ears will have pink hidden mickeys on them. I decided to put hidden mickeys on the bridal ears to practice for the real veil. Although I'm starting to worry there will be too many hidden mickeys.

We are starting to plan an engagement party for the end of May. That means we really have to look at the guest list. :scared1: That's about it for now. Gotta get to work!

I think you should have two buns on the top of your head to resemble mickey ears for your wedding...that would be lovely.

I think you should have two buns on the top of your head to resemble mickey ears for your wedding...that would be lovely.

I think that is such a special hair style that you should be honored. :rotfl: You'll have to start growing your hair out right now. But with the right top it would look fabulous!

Wow! Love hearing about a Disneyland wedding!

My future inlaws live in Tucson! Love AZ!

Yes, us Disneyland Brides are a rare bunch!!! My younger sister is in Tucson right now. ;) She graduates from UofA in a month and a half! Very exciting for the whole family!

I finally got my contract!!! :dance3: WOOHOO!!! I thought it would be more official and a lot thicker with more fine print. But, still plenty to read through. On a sadder note I almost lost one of my cats tonight. I was very careless and left our back door open and she snuck out. All of my cats (3) are indoors and since I live in an area populated with coyotes I am even more careful. Luckily Dan saved the day and was outside looking for her for a good 20 minutes! He found her and chased her back in the house. :banana:

Also I got the book Bridal Bargains due to LurkyLoo's suggestions. So I've spent quite a bit of time reading that lately. Not much to report. After the site meeting I was kind of weddinged out. But, I realize we need to get on it for the save the dates.

I finally got my contract!!! :dance3: WOOHOO!!! I thought it would be more official and a lot thicker with more fine print. But, still plenty to read through. On a sadder note I almost lost one of my cats tonight. I was very careless and left our back door open and she snuck out. All of my cats (3) are indoors and since I live in an area populated with coyotes I am even more careful. Luckily Dan saved the day and was outside looking for her for a good 20 minutes! He found her and chased her back in the house. :banana:

Also I got the book Bridal Bargains due to LurkyLoo's suggestions. So I've spent quite a bit of time reading that lately. Not much to report. After the site meeting I was kind of weddinged out. But, I realize we need to get on it for the save the dates.

Yikes!!! :scared1: Which one of my grand kittens almost got away?

Yikes!!! :scared1: Which one of my grand kittens almost got away?

It was my sweet Penny! :cat: He said the only reason he saw her was because of the eyes. She has the roundest, biggest eyes you'll ever see on a cat.

I can't beleive you leave for your trip in only 13 days! I have to start getting ready to move in! I've already spoken to everyone I know and there will be a large party most nights! :rotfl: J/k!

I am bringing over the contract, the book, and my disney weddings folder tonight so you can look everything over. YAY for disney weddings and not working! :banana:

I absolutly fell in love with a dress that another Disney Bride had and am having a tough time finding it. It is aladin by cymbeline. I love love love this dress! If anyone knows a retailer that carries the dress I would love the info. So far, I have found like two sellers on e-bay that don't carry the design I want and the designers boutiques not in AZ. But, I am looking on line quite a bit. I think I'll start a new thread as well just in case someone in the know doesn't read this thread.

thanks for any help anyone can give me!

So, I finally got somethings in regards to the wedding done. First of all the contract is on it's way back to Disney. Or it will be tomorrow! YAY! :cool1: Yet another step closer. Second, I got the first newsletter for the BM done today. My mom and Aunt helped me by proof reading! Thanks everyone! When we were on my site meeting trip we saw a plush minnie bride in one of the shops on Main Street. My mom and I thought having a minnie bride and a mickey groom at the top of the gazebo with some tulle would look nice. And a nice way to cut floral costs! ;) So while waiting in the lobby to get on the shuttle home she looked online and found a set on ebay for $30. She just got them last week and I finally took a picture of them. We have to be very careful that her sweet doggy doesn't find them because they will be history!
WeddingStuffApril2009002.jpg

Also, since the save the dates are going out we made the save the date magnets. Originally we were going to order some from an online retailer but decided to try it out on our own first. They turned out great and cost 1/2 as much! :banana: Here is a picture of the magnets. I haven't cut them out yet because I forgot my scrapbooking stuff but will do that next weekend. We printed 6 to a page.
WeddingStuffApril2009004.jpg

I don't have a picture of the newsletters as they are still in my computer. My mom is going to have them printed up at work so they look nicer. Next week I think we are going to get a newsletter for the guests done. All of this won't seem quite as overwhelming when I am not going to school! Less than a month left! WOOHOO! party: Until next semester anyway.

I'm going to get the minnie and mickey plush! They are adorable. Your save the date's look great :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter