• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Val & Dan's PJ- Wedding Canceled

The Bridesmaid cards are beautiful!!! It made me cry...and I'M NOT A BIG CRIER...
I noticed in one of your threads you didn't know if you were up to making the wedding invitations...but if you decide you do...I will be more than happy to help ...with anything you need! Love you!!

I forgot about the special fin. Now I am sad.

But Nemo overcomes all!

Only 14 months to go til another family celebration at the Grand!

Happy to see my favorite sis on the board!

Val's Tiara came in!

I'm so excited you are on DisBoards!:dance3: I'm glad you like the cards. It was quite stressful making them!! Can't wait to see you on Saturday! I just realized this morning the last time was at Christmas. :eek:

I forgot about the special fin. Now I am sad.

But Nemo overcomes all!

Only 14 months to go til another family celebration at the Grand!

Happy to see my favorite sis on the board!

Val's Tiara came in!

I cant' wait to see my tiara! :woohoo:Let's only hope you don't ruin the surprise and put it on Dan's head instead of mine!:laughing: Only joking!!

We're going to attempt to do a get-together more often...so it's not so far in between seeing everyone...and not only at holidays!!
I haven't even seen your ring yet!
You're going to look like a real Disney Princess now with your tiara!!! How fun!

Tune in tomorrow for a peek at Val's tiara! I threatened to put it on my Poppy Dog, but I think Val should wear it first!

How's the tiara look? Where's pictures?????:earboy2: :earsgirl:

We forgot!! :sad2: Although I have come up with a fun idea for centerpeices. I was thinking ginger ale in glass containers with black and sliver jewels on the bottom. I'm hoping the ginger ale would look like champagne. First thought though so after we see some options by Disney I'll have to make a mock centerpeice to see if it looks okay.

Okay, now your family has me here all teary eyed. Val -- those bridesmaid cards are just gorgeous! You are SOOO going to have to make your invitations. You and your mom are too talented to entrust that to anyone else.

Oh, and I am a total SAP for Princess Bride. I just loaded "Storybook Love" to my ipod playlist Wednesday night and it is on the "PLEASE PLAY" list for our DJ. :love:

Okay, now your family has me here all teary eyed. Val -- those bridesmaid cards are just gorgeous! You are SOOO going to have to make your invitations. You and your mom are too talented to entrust that to anyone else.

Oh, and I am a total SAP for Princess Bride. I just loaded "Storybook Love" to my ipod playlist Wednesday night and it is on the "PLEASE PLAY" list for our DJ. :love:

Princess Bride has been one of my favorite movies FOREVER! I actually found the book in England at Epcot in Walt Disney World. I got it for my cousin when we where there last month.:banana:

Thank you for the compiments on the cards. The cards were quite simple to make really. A lot of glue and paper.

Who actually sings Storybook love? It is a beautiful song but haven't been able to find it (I'll admit I didn't look very long) because I dont' know who sang it. Thanks for any help!

Don't quote me, but I believe it's sung by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits..."Money for Nothing" "Sultans of Swing"

Take care, everything looks great!

Don't quote me, but I believe it's sung by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits..."Money for Nothing" "Sultans of Swing"

You're right -- Mark Knopfler. I love how he sings it with so much emotion. :love:

Only one week and two days til "our" planning meeting!

We will be able to give some good info for all you DLR brides To Be out there!

I am singing my Indy Bride's song in my head right now!

I read that you are considering throwing Mickey confetti instead of rose petals, FTW might say no on this. It's a cute idea, but I would definately ask your SM next week. When we had our planning session with FTW (years ago now), you were responsible for cleaning up anything that you scattered that were NOT biodegradablem ie: rose petals.

BTW, the RCG is a wonderful location! That's where we had our ceremony. Our cocktail hour was in the Brisa Courtyard at the GCH, with the reception in the Trillium Room across the hall. We too walked through DTD in our wedding attire, it was nice having all eyes on us :goodvibes

Be sure to bring all of your ideas with you next week. Your floral manager might have some ideas to add to what you are already thinking about. So if you ahve a picture, she might be able to have some creative ideas to give you right on the spot based on previous experiences.

Here is are a couple pictures of my tiara. It was rather hard to get a really good picture.

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1277_edited-1.jpg

We purchased it online (when I say we I mean mom! :hug: ) and got it in last week but I don't have much time to be online during the week. I've started thinking about how to do my hair. I think I want it down somehow.

I read that you are considering throwing Mickey confetti instead of rose petals, FTW might say no on this. It's a cute idea, but I would definately ask your SM next week. When we had our planning session with FTW (years ago now), you were responsible for cleaning up anything that you scattered that were NOT biodegradablem ie: rose petals.

BTW, the RCG is a wonderful location! That's where we had our ceremony. Our cocktail hour was in the Brisa Courtyard at the GCH, with the reception in the Trillium Room across the hall. We too walked through DTD in our wedding attire, it was nice having all eyes on us :goodvibes

Be sure to bring all of your ideas with you next week. Your floral manager might have some ideas to add to what you are already thinking about. So if you ahve a picture, she might be able to have some creative ideas to give you right on the spot based on previous experiences.

Thanks for all your advice. I have a feeling the confetti won't be an option. Especially if I have to be on my hands and knees picking up tiny pieces of confetti. :scared: I also saw a disney bride with an aisle runner saying happily ever after and that sounds nice too.

You're right -- Mark Knopfler. I love how he sings it with so much emotion. :love:

Thanks for the help! At this point we may just have one song play over and over the whole reception! My mother would cry the whole time. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter