Vacuum cleaners

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
Did they remove them from the villas? None in our villa, plus no broom or dustpan.

Did you call Housekeeping to ask? I’m wondering too if this is like the bedside clocks that “no one uses.”

I didn't call Housekeeping. I didn't really need one, I was just wondering. I know at BCV last month we had a broom, but I'm not sure if I remember a vacuum or not. Maybe I can bring it up at the meeting next month.

I don't ever recall having a room that didn't have one, but I can't say that it's something I ever actively look for.

Elephant in the room: They're probably taking them out because people are stealing them. From what I remember, they appeared to be pretty nice vacuums. Like towels, never underestimate what people are willing to just take and rationalize to themselves that it belongs to them because it was loose and in "their" room.

Elephant in the room: They're probably taking them out because people are stealing them. From what I remember, they appeared to be pretty nice vacuums. Like towels, never underestimate what people are willing to just take and rationalize to themselves that it belongs to them because it was loose and in "their" room.
Maybe, but I think it's more likely that they aren't replacing vaccums because they just it in the closet, getting dusty and rusty from not being used, LOL.

Maybe, but I think it's more likely that they aren't replacing vaccums because they just it in the closet, getting dusty and rusty from not being used, LOL.

We use ours, especially in villas with hard floors. I hate the feeling of dirt under my bare feet and there's definitely some by day 3 of no housekeeping.

Reactions: cm8
I don't ever recall having a room that didn't have one, but I can't say that it's something I ever actively look for.

wouldn’t they be charged for said theft of vacuum?

Doesn’t housekeeping use them to clean the room. I don’t see them lugging one around from room to room. Especially at OKW with all the stairs.

We've never been much into cleaning during vacation, so I never even noticed whether there is one or not.

So for me...if there wasn't a vacuum, it wouldn't suck. :rolleyes:

wouldn’t they be charged for said theft of vacuum?

In theory, I suspect so. In practice, I suspect not. I would see the conversation going something like this, "What vacuum cleaner?" "Thank you Wilson. We will issue a credit to your CC. Have a nice day." I suspect they would avoid that conversation at all costs, especially since the membership would pay for it anyway.

If you're going to accuse somebody of stealing something, you'd better catch them in the act. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

Reactions: cm8
We've never been much into cleaning during vacation, so I never even noticed whether there is one or not.

So for me...if there wasn't a vacuum, it wouldn't suck. :rolleyes:
Haha

Don’t cook or clean on vacation, period. Well, pre covid, now we wipe everything down upon entering the unit.

Haha

Don’t cook or clean on vacation, period. Well, pre covid, now we wipe everything down upon entering the unit.

Funny, isn't it? I will admit that as a DVC member to reduce costs I would clean when I leave - usually put my dishes in the dishwasher and make sure everything was in the trash, furniture put back the way it was when I got there, any used sheets (from pullout beds) were stripped, etc. But that was usually done in the last few minutes as I was packing my bags to leave.

This trip I walked into a cleaned and sanitized room, and the first thing I did was clean and sanitize most of the surfaces in the room. It's not that I don't trust mousekeeping. It just felt like something I needed to do.

We stayed at Jumbo Studio and did not see any. I was considering nabbing the one off the carts for a few minutes. I have crumbly kids who can't keep it together :rotfl2:But did not want to get kicked out if discovered by Housekeeping. At BCV Studio, it's in the closet. Whew...

This past week:
Riviera studio had a vacuum in closet, no broom/dustpan
Copper Creek one bedroom had no vacuum, no broom/dustpan
Boulder Ridge one bedroom had no vacuum, no broom/dustpan

Back in September:
Grand Floridian studio lake view, had no vacuum, no broom/dustpan

This trip I walked into a cleaned and sanitized room, and the first thing I did was clean and sanitize most of the surfaces in the room. It's not that I don't trust mousekeeping. It just felt like something I needed to do.
Exactly, even if just for morale lol.

Used to own a residential/commerical cleaning business. Learned quickly that people have different ideas on what constitutes ‘clean’.

Combined with a quick disinfecting swipe of my own, I’d take my chances with what appears to be mousekeeping’s enhanced/strict protocols over the average Joe’s house any day of the week.

for those that do use the vaccum, consider wiping down the handle of the vacuum with wipes, if you have, them before using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter