Vacation Planning Couldn't!!!-THEY DID!!!!

two-foxes

DIS Veteran
So, I put in my requests to Disney Vacation planning and after all the "I have never heard anyone not getting what they requested" and all the other good things, I assumed (we all know what that means :rolleyes1 )that I would have no worries getting our balcony seating for Fantasmic. Unfortunately, I got an email from them today stating they sold out in minutes and they were unable to secure a reservation :earseek: So I made some minor changes to our schedule and they are going to try again tomorrow for the 8/30 show.....wish me (I mean them....they are doing all the work!) luck! I have a feeling it will all be fine for getting them, but I was surprised that we didn't. I got the impression that they kinda had "first dibs" on ressies....

Has anyone else not had a request honored when using the Resort vacation planning?

Good luck!! I gave Vacation Planning 5 possible nights to try to make reservations for us for Fantasmic! Balcony. After 4 tries with no luck, they finally got us the seats for the last night we are there (Fri Aug 26th)

I really hope they can get them for you tomorrow!! :goodvibes

It happened to a friend of mine - she tried, and they couldn't get the seats for her. I like to advise trying for the first night, and then go from there, if you can do it that way.

The 29th (the date they couldn't get) is our second night....but we still have the 30th and 31st to try for! Two years ago, I got tickets for the 8/29 with no problem. I called at 1000 on the 30 days and still got tickets! I hope they pull through! If not, we'll do the reserved section by the river, I figure!

Jill,
I've got my fingers crossed for you!! We just got back from DL and I have to say the balcony seating was one of the highlights of the trip!! The show really is orientated toward the balcony! We didn't use vacation planning, so I have no advice on that.

Why not try yourself as well? You might have a better chance then them. I heard in the last few months they were no longer given priority for the seats at the buffet.

Shelebeen said:
Why not try yourself as well? You might have a better chance then them. I heard in the last few months they were no longer given priority for the seats at the buffet.
I'm not sure I would suggest this. Remember, the tickets are non-refundable. If you get them for the same time as Vacation Planning you'll have 2 sets. On the other hand, I'm sure you could find takers on this board.

Love 'em. They were able to get tickets for the 8/30 show for DH and I today! :cheer2: The wishes for good luck worked. Sounds like they had a busy day at the vacation planning dept....I guess only two parties they were attempting to get ressies for were secured. I am not ashamed to say I am happy we were one of them! Bring on the cheesecake and mint juleps!

I am really super worried now. We are in a really bad situation because right after the end of August, September's hours for DL change which means that the only possible times they can show Fantasmic even once a night at 9:00 is on the weekends. On our stay that only give us 2 nights (would have been only one!) to try for them. On the first night of our trip (sept 11) we are the second party on the request list. I thought that was really good until reading this post. So does this mean they have NO advantage anymore?? I am afraid that by the time they get past the first party and get to ours and enter in the information, we might be out of luck.....I wanted to be in the front too. So I assume now that if you are not #1 on their request list, you may be out of luck?

If we were unable to get ressies for the balcony, I would have taken riverside seating instead with no hesitation. I got they impression they had availability for that even though the balcony seating was gone. I guess my only advice is don't be super worried. I would call them and tell them if they cannot get the balcony seating for you to get the riverside for the night you want, if you think it is a suitable alternative for you. Either way, you beat the waits, and you get a great view and some sweets!

two-foxes said:
Bring on the cheesecake and mint juleps!
Congratulations!!! We were just there Tuesday night and it is a wonderful experience!!! I'm sorry to tell you that they did not have cheesecake that night. However, they did have some other great desserts!!
Have a wonderful time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter