UY with new purchase question

braysmommy

DIS Veteran
Getting ready to buy 100 points direct at Copper Creek and had a question.
If I get an October UY does that mean I will receive 100 points for 19-20 and if so can I bank them even though we outside the banking window?

Normally, yes you would if you purchase prior to the start of the new use year. However, due to the closure and the ensuing glut of points in the system right now, DVD is not giving current use year points (2019) for October & December use year purchases. Believe this is just for New Member purchases, though. Not sure about add-on contracts for those who are already DVC Members.

FWIW, they seem to be using Disney-owned points to increase availability for Members who lost out due to the closures. They didn't have to do that, but it's a good thing for the system overall and I'm glad they made that decision.

Normally, yes you would if you purchase prior to the start of the new use year. However, due to the closure and the ensuing glut of points in the system right now, DVD is not giving current use year points (2019) for October & December use year purchases. Believe this is just for New Member purchases, though. Not sure about add-on contracts for those who are already DVC Members.

FWIW, they seem to be using Disney-owned points to increase availability for Members who lost out due to the closures. They didn't have to do that, but it's a good thing for the system overall and I'm glad they made that decision.

I don't think they can legally sell you an Oct or Dec use year in September 2020 and not give you 2019 points. So either they won't sell you those use years now, or they have to give the points.

We purchased direct recently and when we inquired about Oct use year at Riviera they agreed to it and confirmed it absolutely included 2019 points because we were still in that use year. We ended up buying at SSR in a different use year, but had we purchased Riviera they would have had to include it.

I just bought direct as a new member this month and I did get 2019 UY points for my December UY contract. Everything closed yesterday.

I don't think they can legally sell you an Oct or Dec use year in September 2020 and not give you 2019 points. So either they won't sell you those use years now, or they have to give the points.

We purchased direct recently and when we inquired about Oct use year at Riviera they agreed to it and confirmed it absolutely included 2019 points because we were still in that use year. We ended up buying at SSR in a different use year, but had we purchased Riviera they would have had to include it.

This is correct, This new information was given to someone once the old incentives ended.

So it appears to be a new decision effective the 17th of this month, it will be interesting to see if we can get any actual reports from new buyers trying to get those UYs.

This is correct, This new information was given to someone once the old incentives ended.

So it appears to be a new decision effective the 17th of this month, it will be interesting to see if we can get any actual reports from new buyers trying to get those UYs.
I will let you know since we would like October UY.

Don't even let calendar year creep into your thoughts about UY. Think more in the line of Fiscal Year. If your UY is October, your points are good from Oct 1 to Sept 30, just like the Federal Govt and Disney fiscal years. Don't think of them as 2019-2020 points. And if you get Dec, your thinking can really get screwed up if you try to think calendar year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter