Using someone elses pin code

daleswife

DIS Veteran
Im sure this has been asked a million times....but Im gonna ask it again.....

My mom got a pin for the free dining. My family and I and my sister are going back in september and we want to use the pin. do you think that since she's our mom they MAY possibly let us use it????

Your mom would have to be with you, on the reservation. Just bring her along... since your sis is going anyway, it could be a little family reunion trip!

Your mom would have to be with you, on the reservation. Just bring her along... since your sis is going anyway, it could be a little family reunion trip!

Nope.Disney has really been enforcing the rules on this with allthe pincodes falling from the sky this year.

Also isn't there a limit on the number of rooms a person can now book with those codes? I know AP holders used to be able to book several rooms, but now can book only one room per passholder in the room (if using a room discount) and for the free dining bounce back offer last Sept we could only book one room per adult that was in the room. I wanted to book a room for a friend of mine and could not, even though we'd both be at the same resort at the same time next Sept, so I'd be there to check us in.

I would have your Mom call and check. It doesn't hurt. I've received several pin codes in the past couple of months. Each time I've asked the CM if I could book more than 1 room. I've been told I could book up to 3 with the pin and I don't even have to be there! I would just call and see what happens.

Just bring your mom along the trip, you can't used it without her. The pin is listed on her name. It would be a happy family bonding. :thumbsup2

I asked yesterday and was told as long as the person who the email is addressed to is staying in one of the rooms. We got the email this weekend and it's in my daughter's name, but since she's traveling with us we can use it. We booked 2 rooms and was told it was good for up to 3 rooms.

i would ask, it doesn't hurt.

i would think disney is so desperate right now to fill their parks that they would loosen up their policy and let people transfer the codes.

I, too, have somebody else's code. They can't go -- we can. It's not a criminal conspiracy to try and use it. If anything, it's to Disney's and our advantage. Surely, somebody must have some advice, some luck, some way to be able to book a Disney vacation using somebody else's code? I find it hard to believe Disney would be that strict. Actually, I do believe it, but in this economy I'd like to think there were exceptions. :rolleyes1

I just booked a kids dine, play, and stay free PIN that belonged to my Mom. She won't be going with us and the CM still booked it. I think you should just give it a shot and throw some pixie dust in the air! pixiedust:

I know it's taboo on the DIS but I have used codes that weren't in my name before. It doesn't hurt to call and ask. :goodvibes

I would be concerned about booking a package using someone elses PIN..even if you were able to 'book it' on the phone, I would worry that when you go to check in, and the person whose name the PIN is under isn't there, you might be charged a different amount and/or loose your reservation. :confused3

You could try this. Have your mother book as many rooms as you and your sis need. Make sure that your Mom's name is listed as a guest in one of the rooms, pay your deposit and wait a few weeks. Then call Disney and take her off of the guest list. Since it would have already been processed, the free dining will probably stay on the reservation. There's a chance that they will only remove her name and not the free dining promotion. I know that it's a lot to do, but if you have no other way of getting free dining, then I would try it if I were you. The money you would save makes it worth a try IMO.

DISclaimer: (Get it, DIS claimer):laughing: Anyway, I have never tried this. I do not know anything about WDW reservations system and I have no idea if it will work or not.

Just don't tell Disney that I told you to do it. I'll say it never happened.:confused3

I think it doesn't hurt to check. They let me book one using my SIL code. She wasn't going. When we called the next day to have the reservation transferred to my travel agent, they did say that the CM was not supposed to allow it, but since they had already taken my deposit, they let me keep it.

If they book it for you, put down your deposit. Also, since packages are paid for before you get to WDW, I think you would have an argument to fight any type of additional charge since it wouldn't be your fault that the CM did not follow the rules when they booked.

I think the reservations are still way down and that if they really want to find a way around the rules, they can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter