Using others' FP after their bands have left the park and then returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexmism

Registered
I know the rule is that magic bands can be swapped for FP use as long as their owners have entered the park that day to activate them. But has anyone ever taken a break during the day, then returned with only part of your group and used FP of someone who didn't come back? I assume that Disney doesn't try to see if a band leaves the park and then require it to be reactivated if it returns later that day, but I want to be sure.

I know the rule is that magic bands can be swapped for FP use as long as their owners have entered the park that day to activate them. But has anyone ever taken a break during the day, then returned with only part of your group and used FP of someone who didn't come back? I assume that Disney doesn't try to see if a band leaves the park and then require it to be reactivated if it returns later that day, but I want to be sure.

Doubt this works. Not sure if this is "circumventing rules" either. You have to tap into the main gates any time you leave the park and return.

But wouldn't the MB of the person that didn't return have to be scanned at entrance when you returned along with fingerprint? They wouldn't just take your word for it that you were there earlier.

But wouldn't the MB of the person that didn't return have to be scanned at entrance when you returned along with fingerprint? They wouldn't just take your word for it that you were there earlier.

That's what I was thinking, but I guess I am wrong. :confused3

I always figured they were tracking you whether you tap in or not.

No. They don't know that the person left the park. As far as the FP reader knows that person has been in the park all along.

No. They don't know that the person left the park. As far as the FP reader knows that person has been in the park all along.

And...

It wouldn't matter, anyway.
Disney's only relevant issue is whether a "ticket day" was legitimately deducted from that guest's account.

Ticket was used... FPs associated with that ticket can be used.
Exactly WHO uses those FPs is not a problem.

And...

Disney's only relevant issue is whether a "ticket day" was legitimately deducted from that guest's account.

Got it, thanks Robo, they could just stick the extra MB in their pocket and use it as fp. It wouldn't have to be scanned in the second time.

And...

I wonder if this is park-specific.

For example, if a group enters, and spends the morning in MK, then some of that group hop to Epcot while the rest return to their resort for a nap, would using the napping guests’ MBs trigger a lockout?

This comparison might be a stretch, but when I consider the fact that many of the rules of FP tiering no longer apply when hopping, my guess would be no.

No wonder Disney is continually having to come behind and close loopholes. People will try and scam the system however they can, won't they?

I wouldn't give anyone my MB on the assumption I won't be returning to a park. I like my freedom. Maybe that's just me.

You don’t tap out when you leave a park so they wouldn’t know that those people even left so this will work. Whether it is against TOS, I don’t know.
It is naïve to believe the system doesn't know where those bands are at almost all times. Whether there are human eyes looking at that system, I don't know.

It is naïve to believe the system doesn't know where those bands are at almost all times. Whether there are human eyes looking at that system, I don't know.
I could have a band on my wrist, a band in my car, a band in my resort room, a band at home, etc.... That's a lot if eyes. I don't think any of it matters.

Many people have multiple magicbands from previous trips. They often bring extra bands with them on vacation.

Of course they do, but how does that work? You can't give your sister an MB for FP then use another one to go to another park. That's how you get locked out of your MDE.

I could have a band on my wrist, a band in my car, a band in my resort room, a band at home, etc.... That's a lot if eyes. I don't think any of it matters.
You know I was referring to bands on Disney property, not anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter