Using others' FP after their bands have left the park and then returned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people have multiple magicbands from previous trips. They often bring extra bands with them on vacation.
Yes, they do, but multiple bands can't be used in multiple parks at the same time. Well, unless you want to spend time at GS explaining why you have more than one band floating around WDW parks.

Of course they do, but how does that work? You can't give your sister an MB for FP then use another one to go to another park. That's how you get locked out of your MDE.

I'm not suggesting people should go to other parks. I was thinking about the freedom to go back to your resort and relax. It's nice to have an extra band to do that and leave a band behind with your family if you have a fp left on it, but you want to leave early.

Yes, they do, but multiple bands can't be used in multiple parks at the same time. Well, unless you want to spend time at GS explaining why you have more than one band floating around WDW parks.
Many people wear more than one band at a time. I have a holiday band that is 1.0; if I wear it, I keep a 2.0 on me to be sure photopass, ect., works. *just realized I read your response incorrectly and you're talking about one person's MBs in more than one park. Ignore this statement!

The only question I have about this line of inquiry has to do with names and faces. CMs can see the names when you scan in, so that might be an issue.

No wonder Disney is continually having to come behind and close loopholes. People will try and scam the system however they can, won't they?
It’s not always loopholes. If Dad planned to take the little scamp, Matt on Space but mom planned to relax on Buzz and dad doesn’t feel well and stays back at the room after a lunch break. Mom will have to suck it up and ride Space with little Matt using Dads band. I’m just saying there are legit reasons people do this.

People have multiple bands all the time. Band 2, 3, 4 are all "clones" of band 1. Each unique band is tied to the person's one MDE account. If you have multiple bands, the system does not care...............it just sees that the guest (by name) is getting scanned for a specific purpose.............entrance to a park, photopass linking, FP consumption, etc.

edit- (someone correct me if I am wrong) I think the only time a specific band matters is if it is used to access to a resort room door............but I could be wrong

In short, as of now, the person with the MB has to go into the park in question. Once inside anyone can use the fp associated with that MB inside that park. If said person decides to leave early and not come back in, whatever fps associated with that MB can be used in the park that the owner of the MB scanned into originally
Since this can get into an argument that can go around in circles. I'm closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter