Using my husband's FP?

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
My husband won't ride the "good rides" so he convinced me last night to give up his Fastpasses for those rides and let the kids ride a couple more. Does each band get scanned, or just once for the party of three? I am confused how we could use his fp without actually taking his magicband and then one of the girls would have to pretend to be a man named Kevin, right? Does Disney even care?

My husband won't ride the "good rides" so he convinced me last night to give up his Fastpasses for those rides and let the kids ride a couple more.
1. Does each band get scanned, or just once for the party of three?
2. I am confused how we could use his fp without actually taking his magicband and then one of the girls would have to pretend to be a man named Kevin, right?
3. Does Disney even care?

1. Each MB must get scanned in order to enter.
2. That is done by guests all the time.
3. The CMs do not care what name comes up.
Enjoy!

Each band is scanned for a FP ride. You'd have to take his MB and scan it

Each band gets scanned for a FP and no they don't care. I gave daughter's BFF my magic band so they can ride RNRC and it clearly wasn't his name that popped up. LOL.

As an aside, if you will be doing this a lot during your trip, you may want to get a "MagicKeeper" for your husband. It will be easier to pass back and forth.
vjhdbf9342.jpg

My DH is exactly the same way. There have been lots of times that I have come off a ride, switched Magic Bands with him and gone on it again.

Each person ages 3+ needs a FP+ and each person ages 3+ will need to scan their magic band or card at the FP+ line.
Yes the child that wants to use your husband's FP+ will need his magic band or card.
Yes his name will come up.
No it really doesn't matter.

My dad likes the thrill rides, my mom does not.
They both made FP+ selections for the same rides at the same time and my dad went on using his FP+ and then went on a second time using hers.
This made it so that he could enjoy the ride twice without waiting and she didn't have to people watch for very long so they could enjoy more together.

Last spring, DD16 rode ToT four times in a row, because family members who were with us decided they didn't want to ride it. She went through the FP checkpoints with different names every time, some male and some female. The same CM's were there every time she went through, and they were joking with her about riding so many times. They really don't care what name comes up.

We as grandparents plan to do this so our grandkids can have extra rides. One grandson doesn't need a ticket,, so each set of FP can be used for one adult, the 5 yr old and the one yr old.

One day during our January trip I was sick and just couldn't handle the parks. To keep him from being bored and from wasting a FP, I gave DH my MB and sent him to DHS. He enjoyed RnR twice and I enjoyed a much-needed nap.

One day during our January trip I was sick and just couldn't handle the parks. To keep him from being bored and from wasting a FP, I gave DH my MB and sent him to DHS. He enjoyed RnR twice and I enjoyed a much-needed nap.

So the Magic Band doesn't even have to be scanned at the entrance gate to work with FP? I was wondering about that (my DD13 doesn't like the heat and I suspect may bail some days - would be nice to ride my favorites twice!)

So the Magic Band doesn't even have to be scanned at the entrance gate to work with FP? I was wondering about that (my DD13 doesn't like the heat and I suspect may bail some days - would be nice to ride my favorites twice!)
Unless there have been recent changes -- and I feel sure we would have heard about them on the boards -- you'll be able to use your daughter's band for FP's even if it wasn't used to enter the park. The systems aren't linked.

No it doesn't have to be scanned for entrance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter