Using DL tickets toward WDW tickets

underminer

Mouseketeer
We purchased DL 4 day hopper passes just before Covid closures and are wondering if we can use the price we paid of the unused DL tickets towards the purchase of WDW tickets?

Nope. A long time ago, they would transfer over easily enough, but they stopped allowing it several years ago. They are on different systems now, so they don't really have a way to convert it. Sorry :(

Currently, your tickets are good at DLR only through their printed expiration date. DLR has not made any recent, official announcement about changes to the expiration date of regular (non-promotional) tickets. If they do announce any changes/extensions, you'll find that news in the Reopening Superthread on this board and on the DLR website and on the app. Otherwise, your tickets will retain their original monetary value (whatever is coded into the barcode) even past the expiration date. You can use them as credit to be applied toward new tickets.

We purchased DL 4 day hopper passes just before Covid closures and are wondering if we can use the price we paid of the unused DL tickets towards the purchase of WDW tickets?

The only way I think this works right now is if you purchased through Get Away Today- they’re letting customers trade tickets. I’m not sure if other travel agencies are following suit with that..?

I would call Disneyland (unless you purchased through GAT) and see if they’ll give you a refund. They haven’t stated an official policy online of allowing refunds like WDW but I think it’s worth a call and a little pushing as they really should be allowing refunds.

It’s amazing what being firm yet polite while escalating a situation will get you. Especially when you have such a legit and clear reason to want to swap. The park you bought tickets to is still closed, the other isn’t.

It’s amazing what being firm yet polite while escalating a situation will get you. Especially when you have such a legit and clear reason to want to swap. The park you bought tickets to is still closed, the other isn’t.
Disney won't swap the tickets. As a pp said, the two parks are on different ticketing systems. The CMs on the phone cannot change that, so "escalating" to a supervisor won't help. But, as a pp also said, it cannot hurt to ask for a refund. Other posters have received full refunds for their DLR tickets just by asking (no escalation needed), so it is possible.

I appreciate the feedback! We got our tickets from Undercover tourists and they said I could get a refund through them and then just purchase the WDW tickets. Still debating on whether to make the switch. Plane tickets are very cheap so on the whole it wouldn’t cost too much more to see the “world.” Just not sure if we want to go there with all the restrictions and limited offerings but when you’ve got the Disney itch....you really need a good scratch:)

Yeah they stopped ~10 years ago now. Used to swap days at the gate without issue with our no expiration tickets. Sadly gone now :(

Glad U.T. is doing the swap out for you.

Despite being DLR regulars being 1 hour away, we took even contemplated a quick jump to WDW to satisfy our itch. Alas, the nonstop flight was removed to MCO so we held on that thought. Transiting through HOU or LAS wasn't top of our list.

The only way I think this works right now is if you purchased through Get Away Today- they’re letting customers trade tickets. I’m not sure if other travel agencies are following suit with that..?
Do you know the details of this? Is it a straight $ exchange: or equivalent ticket exchange? I have 4- 5day park hopper with max pass for DL. Just curious what that would be traded towards for WDW?

You just made my day!!!

Same here with GAT. Switched a 4 day tickets and stay at Del Sol to a Caribbean Beach with 4 day tickets at WDW last week for the end of January. GetAway was very helpful as they have always been with any situation.

I’ve also been wondering about this and looking into it. I’ve seen a few posts on other sites stating that there is some “trick” which allows for a switch (WDW to DL, not other way around), but haven’t been able to find it. Maybe all that they were referring to was asking politely at the entrance on the day of, but apparently that’s not longer an option :(

I’ve also been wondering about this and looking into it. I’ve seen a few posts on other sites stating that there is some “trick” which allows for a switch (WDW to DL, not other way around), but haven’t been able to find it. Maybe all that they were referring to was asking politely at the entrance on the day of, but apparently that’s not longer an option :(
To my knowledge they stopped doing this a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter