Using Disney Transporation from Ship to Disney Resort

When did the price go up to $39? I purchased transfers on my upcoming cruise back in April and it was $35 pp then.

When did the price go up to $39? I purchased transfers on my upcoming cruise back in April and it was $35 pp then.
Last December. If you had a reservation already in place, you were grandfathered at the old price - $35.00.

Any reservations made after the effective date are charged $39.00.

Anyone use the DCL transfers to and from the Resorts while leaving their car at the Resort for the cruise? I don’t want to drive and pay to park at the Port since we will be at WDW before and after the cruise.

Anyone use the DCL transfers to and from the Resorts while leaving their car at the Resort for the cruise? I don’t want to drive and pay to park at the Port since we will be at WDW before and after the cruise.
You pay to park at the resorts now, also.

I have DVC so I don’t unless they would charge me because I am leaving it there while I am not physically there.

We just used DCL transport from the Dream to AKL on August 2nd. We received a letter in our stateroom telling us to be off the ship by 8:15. It suggested that we go to Cabanas for breakfast instead of the dining room since we had late dining. You leave your bags outside of your stateroom the night before and pick them up in customs (unless you want to take them off yourself). You then take your bags to the bus. We were told the bus would leave at 9AM, however our bus left around 8:30 and was only 3/4 filled. Maybe everyone that was going to the resorts that our bus was going to was already on (they had a list they were checking off). We were the first stop and were at our resort around 9:45. Which was great for us because we had a Flight of Passage FP at 11:40

I'm using DCL transportation for my May trip. What is a safe time to book fast passes for the parks after the cruise? Maybe after 12:30 p.m.?

The bus (or A bus) will wait for stragglers. But you may find you aren’t well received by those stuck waiting on your bus if you take extra long.

However, you’ll have a much harder time trying to eat late and hang onboard that late. By 9am CMs are clearly urging people towards debarkation and by 9:30 they want you off-now. late breakfast in the MDR is 8:15, Cabanas stops serving by 8:30, pretty much nothing else is open. Remember how eager everyone is to get onboard to start a cruise? Another whole set of people is waiting to board the day you debark.

Enjoy your cruise!
I wondered about that as I was reading the comments and we've had 1 cruise where it was a brief disembark menu and another was Cabanas. Both were set up to have you fed and off the ship pretty fast. On disembark day the staff is working extra hard to have the ship ready for the next cruisers and the turn around time is just a few hours. All 3 cruises we were off the ship by 8 am. I would only venture a guess that TA's are giving out instructions as they see buses leave at 9 but if that TA has never cruises on DCL they would not know most people disembarked well before that.
Our next cruise we are going to take the bus again because of the convenience. We won't have the kids this time so we may have a bit more time to be observant.

I'm using DCL transportation for my May trip. What is a safe time to book fast passes for the parks after the cruise? Maybe after 12:30 p.m.?
I left Port Canaveral at 9:10 AM and was at Animal Kingdom - Jambo House at 10:45. We were the 2nd stop. Coronado Springs was the first. 12:30 should be safe for fast passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!