Using banked points last minute

marygrcevic

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone :)

I need advice/guidance for planning a trip next Feb/Mar - I have banked 2021 banked points that must be used by Feb 28th.
When my 7 month window opens up later this month, I want to book 2 rooms (2 bedroom and studio) for Feb 26th thru March 4th.
When I do so, how will the system allocate my points? IE - when I am booking room #1 will it assign my banked (and set to expire) 2021 points for the 26th, 27th, 28th and then pull from my 2022 points (which I have not banked) for March 1st, 2nd 3rd?
I'm really confused on how to do this, because February portion will use up all of my expiring points and some of my 2022 points, which is why I haven't banked them.
I hope I worded this right, can anyone help?

when everything is not straight i always ring member services and have them do it.:chat:

During booking, you select all the contracts you need to use. In addition to any others you might need, make sure to select all contracts that have banked points. It will use all the banked points first as long as you have selected all of the contracts with banked points.

Since it looks like you are booking a reservation over your use year, you will need to book 2 separate reservations (or call and have MS do it). For the reservation that has Feb 26-28, select all contracts with banked points.

You will need MS to book over your UY, so as already mentioned, book the Feb days first and then call MS at 9 am to finish it as they have that ability.

But, as long as contracts with banked points are checked, they will be used for the Feb days first.

Call MS. You can sit on the check out screen where it asks what contract to pull to "hold it" until you get a human.

O
Call MS. You can sit on the check out screen where it asks what contract to pull to "hold it" until you get a human.

That doesn’t always work. I had an issue with holding it. MS could t make it work.

I had to release it before they could see it to book it.

O

That doesn’t always work. I had an issue with holding it. MS could t make it work.

I had to release it before they could see it to book it.
Right. You hold it until they're ready to take it. The screen that holds it is the one where you pick a contract. Done this many times with the resale borrowing "glitch."

Right. You hold it until they're ready to take it. The screen that holds it is the one where you pick a contract. Done this many times with the resale borrowing "glitch."
Well When I released it it didn’t work…I had to try 3 times because it didn’t show back up for 20 minutes Each time, until the 3rd time…then I didn’t even attempt to hold.

Just saying, it is not guaranteed to work. I’d book the room for thr Feb dates to secure them, and then call MS to add. But that is me.

and then pull from my 2022 points (which I have not banked) for March 1st, 2nd 3rd?
The days in March will be in your 2023 use year, so you'll have to bank your 2022 points first in order to use them. Otherwise, it would pull from your 2023 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter