Using a Visitor Toll Pass with Hertz

SamR

DIS Veteran
I have a rental from Hertz at MCO for an upcoming trip, and I'm going to try out the Visitor Toll Pass. From Hertz's website where they describe their "PlatePass Automated Toll Payment" system, they say:
To use PlatePass, simply drive through the toll lane. The toll road system will automatically read the license plate of the vehicle. Hertz rental vehicles are PlatePass enabled for use on covered tollways. PlatePass will only activate if you drive on covered tollways without using a personal transponder or another form of payment for tolls approved by the applicable toll authority.
That last sentence would seem to imply that PlatePass would NOT activate if I had the Visitor Toll Pass hanging from the rear view mirror, and therefore I would not be charged for tolls by Hertz.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and can verify that is true?

Thanks for any insight.

We have a SunPass transponder which we attach to the windshield. All tolls go directly to our account. We've never had a charge from the rental company. Good luck!

I have a rental from Hertz at MCO for an upcoming trip, and I'm going to try out the Visitor Toll Pass. From Hertz's website where they describe their "PlatePass Automated Toll Payment" system, they say:

That last sentence would seem to imply that PlatePass would NOT activate if I had the Visitor Toll Pass hanging from the rear view mirror, and therefore I would not be charged for tolls by Hertz.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and can verify that is true?

Thanks for any insight.
This is correct. PlatePass is the third method used by the tollways to get paid. First is a transponder, second is license plate to subscriber list, third is plate pass. If the system finds one of the first two, it never even checks the third. I used my Illinois IPass last week and it worked fine.

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like the Visitor Toll Pass should work as I hoped. I look forward to giving it a try soon.

Our car had a box permanently attached. If you leave it closed, it doesn’t activate the car’s toll pass. We had the visitor pass and had no issues using it during our 4 week stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!