Use Year Help

4BellesAndABeast

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm a longtime lurker and have been reading and researching as much as I can. We don't currently own but I'm hoping to make a purchase by the end of the year. Currently we usually travel in November/December or the beginning of June. I'm having trouble trying to pinpoint the best use year. It could be that there is no perfect use year. I think September might be best? But knowing that is one of the harder to come by years I'm hesitant. My next thought was April but our spring break is in March should we start traveling during spring break. That leaves August in my mind. An early June trip would likely be cancelled prior to May 30th. If you were me which use year would you pick?

Hi! I'm a longtime lurker and have been reading and researching as much as I can. We don't currently own but I'm hoping to make a purchase by the end of the year. Currently we usually travel in November/December or the beginning of June. I'm having trouble trying to pinpoint the best use year. It could be that there is no perfect use year. I think September might be best? But knowing that is one of the harder to come by years I'm hesitant. My next thought was April but our spring break is in March should we start traveling during spring break. That leaves August in my mind. An early June trip would likely be cancelled prior to May 30th. If you were me which use year would you pick?
I would probably look at a June UY. It would cover your June & Nov/Dec trips but not March. The other option would be October which would cover the March trips if those happen but June would be just outside of the banking window (you would need to bank by the end of May).

I would probably look at a June UY. It would cover your June & Nov/Dec trips but not March. The other option would be October which would cover the March trips if those happen but June would be just outside of the banking window (you would need to bank by the end of May).
October would work too I think because for an early June trip we should know by the end of May if we need to cancel/bank. Thank you for that suggestion

No UY will be the perfect one for all travel, but in your case, I would shoot for Aug, Sept or Oct.

Those put the bulk of your travel within the first 8 months. June would be the only risky one with Aug as you’d need to cancel before March 31st to still bank.

But, at least it gives you a few options. But, Sept or Oct would be the ideal ones!

No UY will be the perfect one for all travel, but in your case, I would shoot for Aug, Sept or Oct.

Those put the bulk of your travel within the first 8 months. June would be the only risky one with Aug as you’d need to cancel before March 31st to still bank.

But, at least it gives you a few options. But, Sept or Oct would be the ideal ones!
Thank you. I appreciate your input

August is a MUCH more popular use year than Sep or Oct, so if you're deciding between those three, I'd suggest August. You'll have more resale contract options open to you.
My only hesitation is the March banking deadline for June trips but then again we'd have most of the summer to try and reschedule before August.

My only hesitation is the March banking deadline for June trips but then again we'd have most of the summer to try and reschedule before August.

Also keep in mine the holding rule so those June trips have to be canceled at least 31 days in advance or the points are restrictes.

So, yes, August isn’t as good as the others, but at least it’s not a bad option if you have trouble finding the other UYs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter