Use points for Concierge??

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
Is this true that starting in the 2002 year you may use your points towards concierge??? I just received my new DVC members guide book and I noticed the schedules for the Disney resorts were broken up by room type. This is new right??? Last year I was told you couldn't use points for concierge. I'm assuming that NOW you can??

Can somebody confirm this?

My understanding is that this is new for 2002....first time!

Hopefully, access to this level will take a little bit of the sting out of the point increases for DC.

It is correct. Previously you simply had one schedule for run of the house units. Also, the applicable seasons followed DVC seasons for when points were lower or higher. Now you can reserve various category of rooms at varying point costs, and the seasons for higher or lower points are determined by what Disney resorts in general follow (for example most of July and August under DVC system are high point times while under the Disney in general sytem that is a low cost period for deluxes). The point cost for concierge is almost prohibitive (you can get a Grand Villa at a DVC resort for the same or less). The points for deluxe resorts in general went up significantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter