US Women's National Soccer Team controversy

Once again, they simply don't give a damn what you or any "critic" has to say about them. They are there to play soccer and to have fun doing it. Anyone who doesn't like it can eat it.

And clearly there are fans who support and encourage the tacky behavior. And those fans are entitled to their opinions.

M.

The tears of those who are so upset are so salty... so salty...

Go US Women's Team! You are awesome and a wonderful group for girls all over the country so they can see that being a strong woman is something to celebrate. Continue to kick some behind and continue to celebrate!

The cup of tea gesture was funny: the act itself and the observation that in England the offer of a cup of tea is the response to any crisis. A cure all.

Once again, they simply don't give a damn what you or any "critic" has to say about them. They are there to play soccer and to have fun doing it. Anyone who doesn't like it can eat it.
They don't care what anybody has to say eh? But any time anyone says anything, they whine and complain and then do stuff in response to what people said. That isn't behavior consistent with not caring.
But I understand why they're trying to call attention to themselves. It worked. they got it. And now that it's not quite the attention they had in mind, they're upset.

They don't care what anybody has to say eh? But any time anyone says anything, they whine and complain and then do stuff in response to what people said. That isn't behavior consistent with not caring.
But I understand why they're trying to call attention to themselves. It worked. they got it. And now that it's not quite the attention they had in mind, they're upset.

Lol. Those who are "upset" represent an overly vocal minority. USA will be holding their trophy on Sunday and the whiners can keep whining.

Lol. Those who are "upset" represent an overly vocal minority. USA will be holding their trophy on Sunday and the whiners can keep whining.
Actually the upset ones I was referring to were the womens team. They tried to draw attention to themselves and got their little fee fees hurt when they got it.
Oh and I don't think a single American criticizing them will be upset if they win. I know I won't. We're still rooting for them. In fact, I don't think anyone else will be that upset over it either.

Last edited:
Actually the upset ones I was referring to were the womens team. They tried to draw attention to themselves and got their little fee fees hurt when they got it.
Oh and I don't think a single American criticizing them will be upset if they win. I know I won't. We're still rooting for them. In fact, I don't think anyone else will be that upset over it either.

I don’t think they’re as upset as you think. They’ve been attacked every step this tournament, like no other team, and they’ve handled it with humor IMO.

And really, how upset can they be when they just keep winning?

The USA women aren't upset in the least. They were criticized and since questions were asked, the players addressed it.

Have any of you complaining watched the US National Football League? After some plays, you'd think they cured cancer with their pictures and stunts in the end zone.
I am already on record on this site on that subject. But I'll post it again. I think it's garbage. You sacked the QB. big deal. That's your job. No flexing, no sack dances, No bowing your head and taunting the QB. Get your butt back to the defensive huddle or to the side lines as the case may be where it belongs. You scored a TD. That's your job. Hand the ball to the ref, get back to the bench and act like you've been there before even if you haven't. Oh and when they do it when their team scores a TD to make it 7-35 (assuming of course the extra point.) They're getting clobbered, they're going to lose, and here they are dancing around like clowns. Don't act trashy. But especially don't act trashy when you're getting dumpstered.

Last edited:
The USA women aren't upset in the least. They were criticized and since questions were asked, the players addressed it.
Again, their behavior as described in your post I'm quoting was inconsistent with that statement.
USA women mocked naysayers with golf claps after scoring today. Loved it!!!
You can't on the one hand say goody goody they sure showed them and then on the other hand say they didn't care. The two statements are completely inconsistent. If they didn't care there would be no need to show anybody anything. . Also if someone called you a thief would you prove them wrong by stealing something? All their actions did was serve to prove those that criticized them right.

Again, their behavior as described in your post I'm quoting was inconsistent with that statement.

You can't on the one hand say goody goody they sure showed them and then on the other hand say they didn't care. The two statements are completely inconsistent. If they didn't care there would be no need to show anybody anything. . Also if someone called you a thief would you prove them wrong by stealing something? All their actions did was serve to prove those that criticized them right.

You're missing the point. They want to celebrate regardless of what the critics say. They have continued to do so since G1 of the tournament. Their behavior hasn't changed. So, no, they don't care what you or the critics have to say. If they had stopped celebrating, then that would have showed they cared.

No, it shows how ridiculous they think the critics are. And they’re 100% correct.

Im not really following this, but the tea cup girl is beautiful, and it didnt look mean spirited, just having fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!