US Women's National Soccer Team controversy

The cup of tea gesture was really funny. I was looking for a lot of information on this topic and found this site https://registration.info.ke/ What do you think? I`m considering sports betting. I need someone who has experience in this business. I will be grateful to you. I'm waiting for feedback.

Last edited:
View attachment 414080

Anything more than a curtsy is unacceptable.

I'm not a fan of the way the team acted while crushing another team. I have no issue with them running up the score, but the celebration was a bit much. More importantly though, I think it's unfair to say that the critisism is only because they are women. Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them sexist. Keeping celebrations reasonable has always been part of men's sports as well. Batters who stare too long or flip their bat after a homerun are often HBP their next at bat. In 1967, Coach Vince Lombardi told a player "the next time you make it to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before". The idea that some people find some celebrations to be excessive is hardly new and certainly not limited to women. We can disagree with how we feel about it, but concluding that people who disagree with you are sexist or any other kind of ...ist is leading this country to a not very wonderful place.

I'm not a fan of the way the team acted while crushing another team. I have no issue with them running up the score, but the celebration was a bit much. More importantly though, I think it's unfair to say that the critisism is only because they are women. Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them sexist. Keeping celebrations reasonable has always been part of men's sports as well. Batters who stare too long or flip their bat after a homerun are often HBP their next at bat. In 1967, Coach Vince Lombardi told a player "the next time you make it to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before". The idea that some people find some celebrations to be excessive is hardly new and certainly not limited to women. We can disagree with how we feel about it, but concluding that people who disagree with you are sexist or any other kind of ...ist is leading this country to a not very wonderful place.

Your example of a batter being hit after flipping their bat would have been applicable a decade ago, not now. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but ESPN did a full commercial saying "let the kids play." I.e. let them flip their bat, dance, pound their chest, whatever. Most people are NOT in favor of retaliation by being hit. That could be extremely dangerous if the ball gets away and hits the guy in his head.

There are tons of other examples, football quite a bit. Player gets a sack and then goes nuts. Big run, big catch, TD, huge celebration. In basketball, a lot of guys like to flex their guns after getting a dunk.

The list goes on and on and on. Bottom line is let the women enjoy their accomplishments without ragging on them.

Your example of a batter being hit after flipping their bat would have been applicable a decade ago, not now. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but ESPN did a full commercial saying "let the kids play." I.e. let them flip their bat, dance, pound their chest, whatever. Most people are NOT in favor of retaliation by being hit. That could be extremely dangerous if the ball gets away and hits the guy in his head.

There are tons of other examples, football quite a bit. Player gets a sack and then goes nuts. Big run, big catch, TD, huge celebration. In basketball, a lot of guys like to flex their guns after getting a dunk.

The list goes on and on and on. Bottom line is let the women enjoy their accomplishments without ragging on them.
Three of my kids played soccer from preschool though high school, one plays club in college, the other two varsity and club. Every goal is celebrated. There are rules about running up the score and fines, the game can turn into keep away, but if the amount of goals scored by a team counts in the final, they keep scoring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter