US to designate 80% of countries as Level 4 Do Not Travel

I've heard there are some states that are actually using a common database that allows access. Unfortunately for me, CA doesn't seem to be one of them. Our vaccinations were done through Sutter Health so I am able to access them through "My Health." But good point about making sure they appear in all records. My son's main physician is actually through Stanford so I should email them to make sure they have the info.

Oregon must be... I got mine at a drive through hosted by another hospital group but it showed up on my health record without me notifying mine.

Not a problem, the logistics of this just fascinates me. Whether it be, what's your trusted source to verify that the vaccine(s) were done to handling potential boosters and everything in-between.

It looks like there's some disconnect on how the data is being sent back upstream and it's handled in one of three ways

Further info states that the COVID-19 Data Clearinghouse is a cloud-hosted data repository that receives, deduplicates, and deidentifies COVID-19 vaccination data, which are then used to populate the Immunization (IZ) Data Lake with deidentified data. For those that want to know more about Data Lake you can read up on it here https://aws.amazon.com/big-data/datalakes-and-analytics/what-is-a-data-lake/

For those that want to quick, down and dirty version. Amazon Web Services is holding all this information in a giant database (probably in their govcloud account https://aws.amazon.com/govcloud-us/). And running all the analytics on it. This lets them see trends, doses, and all the fun logistical stuff that needs to be addressed. Really cool stuff like query off of how many people age 18-35 in ZipCode 32830 have had at least one dose

So in theory, this data SHOULD be somewhere. The problem right now is, how do you get access to it? Will the government share this data? And what security implications are there when and if they decide to have some sort of 'vaccine passport'. And the biggest kicker is the phrase 'deidentifies'. I'll assume they're taking this data in and then doing something like: Get the user's Social+Name+DOB and jumble that into a unique identifier. Then drop the SSN and Name from the info. Now you know people have had them, but don't know everything about them.....Needless to say this is a hard problem to tackle

I could go on for hours about this stuff. So I'll stop now before I bore everyone to death

Last edited:
Even if a country in OK to travel to based on the list, you still have to get there...............which means going through various airports interacting with people going to/coming from any other number of countries as well as flying in the airplane with people from many locations. Even at your destination, if it is a popular travel spot, you will likely still come in contact with people from various places. I think that risk is a LOT different from other lists the US periodically publishes that says don't travel to country X due to the threat of terrorism/violence, unstable govt or corrupt law enforcement. None of those are contagious diseases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter