URGENT! Mystic Dunes - Anyone ever stayed at their 3BR? UPDATED questions....

We stayed here 2 years ago and are planning a return trip this winter. We enjoyed the 3 bedroom unit as it gave my BIL and wife (no kids) a place to be alone in the evenings away from our kids and MIL. Since MIL was along at our expense to help with the kids, she shared a room with DD and they had a blast. I would agree that we liked the layout of this unit better than the 3 bedroom at Marriott's Imperial Palms. Especially for a large crowd since there are 2 living room areas and 2 kitchens (plus an extra bathroom) at Mystic Dunes.

The stock photos are pretty true to life from our experience. I'd post our photos, but I can't find them at the moment.

...thanks anyway...:thumbsup2

I'm hoping to bump this thread up as My family is staying at Mystic Dunes New Years week and I'd love to see some recent photos and information on how the resort is now, as I've heard mixed reviews.

Help would be great!

I'm hoping to bump this thread up as My family is staying at Mystic Dunes New Years week and I'd love to see some recent photos and information on how the resort is now, as I've heard mixed reviews.

Help would be great!

I stayed in a two-bedroom villa in late Oct./early Nov. and was pleasantly surprised. I too had read mixed reviews of the resort and came away really happy with our villa. Everything was clean, the front desk was helpful. All-in-all a good choice for an offsite stay! HTH.

Help would be great!

....I would be happy to post some pix for you. Unfortunately, they aren't of the interior of the rooms:

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes258.jpg

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes214.jpg

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes215.jpg

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes216.jpg

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes217.jpg

...and the quiet pool for our building:

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes037.jpg

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes038.jpg

WDW_2010_Mystic_Dunes039.jpg

...hope the pix help!

I stayed in a two-bedroom villa in late Oct./early Nov. and was pleasantly surprised. I too had read mixed reviews of the resort and came away really happy with our villa. Everything was clean....

...yes, ITA!

I have pictures of the inside of the room!! Not sure how to post on here though!

We went in Feb. 2009 and stayed in one of the newer rooms. I will go find my tripadvisor review and post it you would like. I do have the building number I was in listed. It was very clean & we had a wonderful trip! We went to Vistana last year and loved it too. We actually liked Mystic Dunes better. We were going to go again this year b/c prices were so cheap but decided to try something else. (Mostly b/c of Mystic Dunes filing Chapter 11)

I have pictures of the inside of the room!! Not sure how to post on here though!

We went in Feb. 2009 and stayed in one of the newer rooms. I will go find my tripadvisor review and post it you would like. I do have the building number I was in listed. It was very clean & we had a wonderful trip! We went to Vistana last year and loved it too. We actually liked Mystic Dunes better. We were going to go again this year b/c prices were so cheap but decided to try something else. (Mostly b/c of Mystic Dunes filing Chapter 11)

....if you could, please post those room pix.....:thumbsup2
[...you must upload them on a server first, like Snapfish, Photobucket, etc.)

Okay I will see what I can find! The only one I have right now is one of the bathroom ... haha! This is the large bathroom off the master bedroom. I know I have more, just can't seem to locate them.

a5939ab3.jpg

Mystic Dunes Master Bathroom

Okay I will see what I can find! The only one I have right now is one of the bathroom ... haha! This is the large bathroom off the master bedroom. I know I have more, just can't seem to locate them.

a5939ab3.jpg

Mystic Dunes Master Bathroom

...GREAT! :thumbsup2 Thanks - that looks just like the master bathroom of our friends' room....

...we had a corner hot tub in OUR bedroom, right next to our bed, which I thought was kinda creepy actually, but, whatever...hope you can post more pix...

kimmar067 did you like the resort? We are thinking of staying there next Jan/Feb.

....yes, actually, I did. I really liked the idea of going to the main pool in the morning to grab a complimentary breakfast....it included fruit cups, danishes, small boxes of cereal, juice, and coffee and tea...however, it was only convenient if your room was located near the main pool area. You do need to show your id though, because it was only available to the OWNERS of Mystic Dunes...

....yes, actually, I did. I really liked the idea of going to the main pool in the morning to grab a complimentary breakfast....it included fruit cups, danishes, small boxes of cereal, juice, and coffee and tea...however, it was only convenient if your room was located near the main pool area. You do need to show your id though, because it was only available to the OWNERS of Mystic Dunes...

I wasn't aware that we are an owner there. Another question do they have free shuttles to the Disney Parks? Thanks!

I wasn't aware that we are an owner there. Another question do they have free shuttles to the Disney Parks? Thanks!

....I think they are free (not 100% sure) but they come few and far between....I'm guessing, 2 or 3 in the morning and then 2 or 3 for the return to Mystic Dunes.....we just rented a car...

WOW, 57K plus posts...that has to be a world record...FYI MDunes is in the process of being sold to another company. Tempus has had major financial problems and is getting out. Most staff are pretty excited about the change of ownership as it has been a tough few years of major $$ stress for the the workers...

Peace...Ted

WOW, 57K plus posts...that has to be a world record...

...not really....Merriweather has twice as many as me...

tednvon said:
...FYI MDunes is in the process of being sold to another company. Tempus has had major financial problems and is getting out. Most staff are pretty excited about the change of ownership as it has been a tough few years of major $$ stress for the the workers...

Peace...Ted

....wow, I wonder if my friends know about it....:confused3

Kinmar and others: I'm a newbie here:

so what advice do you have on which building I should request for my upcoming visit at the end of the month? Are there multiple pools and should I be closer to one of them? (kids are 8 and 11). Or maybe better to be near a quiet pool and then we can go to the busy one when we want? Also should I request a higher floor? thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter