Upgrading tix to AP?

tinksdreamwishes

DIS Veteran
hi, is it possible to upgrade the promotion 3 day ticket on your last day to a AP? If so can you upgrade it for the monthly plan option? How much extra at the booth would that cost? Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to do this. The cost of the promo ticket will just be deducted from cost of the AP so you can use that information to determine the cost (you didn't mention which level of AP you're upgrading to so its hard to give you an exact number). If you are eligible for the payment plan (must be a California resident) then you can go that route as well. When I have upgraded tickets to APs on the payment plan in the past the cost of the ticket basically counted as the down payment. However, I believe they charge the first monthly payment basically right away as well.

hi, is it possible to upgrade the promotion 3 day ticket on your last day to a AP? If so can you upgrade it for the monthly plan option? How much extra at the booth would that cost? Thanks!
I know you may not KNOW until the end of your trip if you want to upgrade, but once you use your magic morning, you should upgrade to the AP so you can take advantage of discounts. It can really make a difference in savings with just an extra day or two of using discounts.

Thank you for the replies! Here’s the problem, we want to go in October and was planning on AP’S. But son was joking around about going for his birthday in April. Then I got excited thinking about it. Then I noticed that his birthday would be blocked out- last Saturday in April. So I was thinking about the 3 day promo and would like to upgrade to the AP on Sunday. We live in CALIFORNIA so I want the monthly plan. If we pay $221 I think it was for the promo and the Ap amount with first monthly payment was I think $154. Would I get $ back?

I think it was for the promo and the Ap amount with first monthly payment was I think $154. Would I get $ back?

No, you would not get money back. I believe the way it works is that whatever you paid for the ticket you are upgrading from will be credited as the down payment on the AP. Then the remainder of the AP cost will be divided into 12 equal payments, one of which will be charged almost immediately, i.e. within one to three days.

Don’t forget if your planning to get the maxpass plan then upgrade on your first day so you don’t have to pay for maxpass daily.

Thank you for the replies! Here’s the problem, we want to go in October and was planning on AP’S. But son was joking around about going for his birthday in April. Then I got excited thinking about it. Then I noticed that his birthday would be blocked out- last Saturday in April. So I was thinking about the 3 day promo and would like to upgrade to the AP on Sunday. We live in CALIFORNIA so I want the monthly plan. If we pay $221 I think it was for the promo and the Ap amount with first monthly payment was I think $154. Would I get $ back?
In my experience, if you upgrade to an AP, they will give you access to the parks the day you buy the upgrade, even if that day is a blockout date. I actually updated WDW APs to Premier passes at DLR a couple of years ago. The CM was really helpful & was trying to save me money suggesting that we should just buy Deluxe APs as it was less than upgrading to Premier. I was concerned that we would be blocked out that day, but the CM said that we’d be allowed in that day, despite the blockout. We ended up going with the Premier, so we didn’t need them to waive the blackout date. But, the CM made it sound like that was standard practice at DLR when you get an AP, they will a blackout for that first day of purchase only. So, you may still be able to upgrade on the Saturday & take advantage of the extra day of discounts.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter