Upgrades at port

kmadison714

Earning My Ears
Just wondering about experiences with upgrades at the port. We booked the cheapest room for our cruise next Easter (category 11c) because we don't intend on spending much time in the room, so why spend the money. The difference in price is between $800-1000. If there are available verandah rooms at the time of check in, is it significantly cheaper??? I'm not counting on anything being available because it will be Easter/spring break, but I'm curious

Katie

We were booked in an ocean view room last year for our Alaskan cruise. We asked about upgrading to a verandah room when we checked in at port. It was over $1500 to upgrade. We politely declined.

I think the price to upgrade depends on the category you have booked vs the upgrade you want and how full (or empty) the ship is.

It doesn't hurt to ask! We had an amount set in our heads before we asked. It exceeded that price so we passed. Good luck!

Just wondering about experiences with upgrades at the port. We booked the cheapest room for our cruise next Easter (category 11c) because we don't intend on spending much time in the room, so why spend the money. The difference in price is between $800-1000. If there are available verandah rooms at the time of check in, is it significantly cheaper??? I'm not counting on anything being available because it will be Easter/spring break, but I'm curious

Katie

I would think the odds are so low during a heavy week, that I would not even consider it as possible. With that being said, and as already mentioned, the price depends on multiple variables. None of those variables help your situation (i.e. ship will be at or near capacity). We just got back from the Fantasy on a crowded ship (3900+ guests) and there were no upgrades available whatsoever.

DWF

Keep check the website up to 3 days (they then take them down) before you go. You will have a good idea what if anything is available. You would have to get to the Port early to upgrade though (well most of the time).

I would think the odds are so low during a heavy week, that I would not even consider it as possible. With that being said, and as already mentioned, the price depends on multiple variables. None of those variables help your situation (i.e. ship will be at or near capacity). We just got back from the Fantasy on a crowded ship (3900+ guests) and there were no upgrades available whatsoever.

DWF

Did you just get off this past Saturday? I looked for that cruise and it was unavailable for weeks prior, I guess because of Memorial day. I have booked that week for next year :thumbsup2 From what I understand, Disney cruises typically sail full so I am trying not to shy away from a sold out ship.

Also no upgrades available on our Fantasy cruise. A sign at Guest Services said, "This sailing is full. No stateroom upgrades are available." or something like that. They probably said it more nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter