Upgraded Magic Bands

kittyab

DIS Veteran
Anyone been successful on ordering the new upgraded magic bands through MDE? I keep getting errors!

Not just me then?
The page to redeem a band for my upcoming trip isn’t even loading.
I tried to buy using the one available from my annual pass and the payment button was greyed out and couldn’t be clicked.

I was successful a couple of weeks ago around 11am eastern time. It seems to be when they update it. I was quite shocked i.actually managed to get them. I've already received as well. Happy hunting. You'd think they would've rolled it out having already worked out all the bugs. Also you'd think they would be able to keep stock of these things.

The stock seems to change from moment to moment. I checked one evening, and the bands that DH and I wanted were available. When I went to order them the next morning, mine was gone. I kept checking the site every half hour or so, and suddenly mine as available. But his was gone. This went on for a bit - one available but the other not - until, voila, they were both there, and I grabbed them. So keep checking . One time that I checked, only about 13 bands were available. The next time it was 21, then 40 or so. It was crazy how fast it changed.

I have been trying to get the Mickey birthday magic band for my son for weeks now and it's so frustrating! We are going for his 5th birthday in September, so the cut-off date to get bands is quickly approaching. I keep refreshing every hour and it's either not there or it's there but I can't actually buy it! I don't care so much about which band my husband and I get, but I want that birthday one dangit! I just don't understand how the system can be so buggy. They say Disney wasn't expecting such a big response to the bands, but I don't know how they could have thought otherwise! Who wants a plain band when you can get a cool pattern?! They should have prepared better 😡

I was able to order the 2019 LE band... It was after about 10 attempts. I tried unsuccessfully to order the Haunted Mansion band and kept getting an error message. Keep trying you'll get it.

What I don't get if you are pre-ordering, why can't it take your order and ship it when they become available? It can't be that difficult, if you want this band by this date order by this date etc.

Amazon can handle pre-ordering. My DD wants the Stitch band. (I like the castle one for me).

Was FINALLY able to snag the snacks band Saturday morning around 11:00am. Had been trying all day everyday since day 1. Hopefully that's what shows up!

I have tried every hour (and in-between) for over three hours. Once, when I was able to get two into the cart, it went all the way to the checkout before it gave me an error message. Most of the time, I can't get beyond two in the cart--if even that. I can only get that far with Edge (clears all data after closing) or Chrome incognito. I have 4 days left.

We were able to order (confirmed but no shipping notice yet) two Moanas for another stay on Sat. 7/20. We were also able to order and receive bands for another stay. Two of the three of us have received bands for AP renewals; one has been ordered.

Last edited:
We have just 3 days to pick our bands and still have not had any luck with getting the 4 we want to be available at the same time. Have been trying for nearly 2 months - ugh...

It was hit or miss for a while, but I was able to order mine last week for our vacay on 8/17. I was soooo psyched to be able to order the DVC bands!

I was ready to give up but eventually got an order for five to go through about a week ago. Not everyone’s first choices, but something we are all happy with considering the discount. They are supposed to be delivered today and I’m anxious about what will actually be in the box.

Edit... they arrived and are the correct bands. We got two American Mickeys, one Small World, one Baymax, and one 2019 band.

Last edited:
I thought I had pre-ordered my "Small world" band on Sunday. I hit Complete and it showed in MDE. I went back last night and it disappeared. So I did another pre-order for the same band. I checked this morning and it disappeared again. It looks like a band was never selected. Should I pre-order another band? Will I get stuck with 3 identical bands?.
Note: Disney did not ask for a payment. I figured once the band is ready they would charge the CC on file. Is this normal?

I was able to pre-order "It's a Small World" today.
EDIT: OK. I see the explanation just popped up. I think it is all part of their screwed up system.

I'm curious about the "pre-order." Is pre-order for "shipping when available"? My son ordered Small World for his AP renewal on the 13th or 14th. I asked him today if it had shipped. He said he got a voicemail on his phone to call about the order. He doesn't do phones if not necessary (family/work). He assumed it was back ordered, but who knows.

I thought I had pre-ordered my "Small world" band on Sunday. I hit Complete and it showed in MDE. I went back last night and it disappeared. So I did another pre-order for the same band. I checked this morning and it disappeared again. It looks like a band was never selected. Should I pre-order another band? Will I get stuck with 3 identical bands?.
Note: Disney did not ask for a payment. I figured once the band is ready they would charge the CC on file. Is this normal?
I pay for mine when I order them. I don't think you'll get an upgraded band without payment method (which seems to take more than a week to show up on my cc). FWIW, I was just now able to order Small World. I got the confirmation number so I got that far. I may get a phone call about Small World. Moana was also on the order. Might want to try again quickly, if you can.

He assumed it was back ordered, but who knows.
[/QUOTE]
Same here. I thought it was back ordered. But my order had completely disappeared from the MDE.

I pay for mine when I order them. I don't think you'll get an upgraded band without payment method (which seems to take more than a week to show up on my cc). FWIW, I was just now able to order Small World. I got the confirmation number so I got that far. I may get a phone call about Small World. Moana was also on the order. Might want to try again quickly, if you can.
I didn't even get an option to pay. As soon as I pressed Complete, it just went back to the Select your MB page. 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter