• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgraded Magic Bands

He assumed it was back ordered, but who knows.
Same here. I thought it was back ordered. But my order had completely disappeared from the MDE.
[/QUOTE]
He said his choice still shows (as having been ordered) in his account. Were you able to successfully reorder this morning?

Same here. I thought it was back ordered. But my order had completely disappeared from the MDE.
He said his choice still shows (as having been ordered) in his account. Were you able to successfully reorder this morning?
[/QUOTE]
Not yet! But I think I will give up very soon. 🤣

Once you have selected your bands and they show on your character pic that they are selected, you have to scroll down a little and click "Proceed to Checkout." When you hit the complete button after selecting your band it's basically just in your cart. They can sell out even if they are there unfortunately. This process is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with whilst planning our Disney vacay and that's saying a lot. We only have 26 days left to choose bands and I'm just so irritated. I don't know why they are letting people who don't have a trip for MONTHS out get the bands already. I really hope they change this and fast.

This process is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with whilst planning our Disney vacay and that's saying a lot.
Most frustrating thing I've dealt with in 13 years of planning family Disney vacations. I gave up last week after literally spending six weeks trying to get an order to go through. I tried multiple times a day, different browsers, got up in the middle of the night to try an "off" time, called guest services as well as internet help. Finally, I bought MBs for my kids from sellers on eBay. At this point, I refused to pay Disney for them!

I was also able to order a Nightmare Before Christmas band about 2 weeks ago and we recently received it. It was a slow, frustrating process. I just stuck with the free color bands for everyone else.

Once you have selected your bands and they show on your character pic that they are selected, you have to scroll down a little and click "Proceed to Checkout." When you hit the complete button after selecting your band it's basically just in your cart.
Oh dear! I think this is where I messed up. Thank you.

I thought I had pre-ordered my "Small world" band on Sunday. I hit Complete and it showed in MDE. I went back last night and it disappeared. So I did another pre-order for the same band. I checked this morning and it disappeared again. It looks like a band was never selected. Should I pre-order another band? Will I get stuck with 3 identical bands?.
Note: Disney did not ask for a payment. I figured once the band is ready they would charge the CC on file. Is this normal?
I had the same problem with the LE 2019 band. Haven't been able to order it again since.

I had the same problem with the LE 2019 band. Haven't been able to order it again since.
2019 was on the list 30 min ago. The other choices for other guest (Spaceship E and Nightmare) show, but each one jumps out of the cart after the Dismiss/Retry msg. 2 days left.

2019 was on the list 30 min ago. The other choices for other guest (Spaceship E and Nightmare) show, but each one jumps out of the cart after the Dismiss/Retry msg. 2 days left.
Our last day on MDE says we have until July 26 for pickup at the front desk. Maybe a dumb question, but does that mean 11:49pm EST on the 25th or 26th to complete?

If only they would get the 4 we want in stock all at the same time! I have been checking for the last two months many times every day - ugh... best we could find is 3 available (theoretically) at the same time.

I check a few times a day and at one point, there is one my DH wants - get the error messages. Hours later, this one is gone but the one my DS wants is available. Error messages. Later in the same day, it allows me to another screen but wants me to order bands for the whole party but all the stock that people want are not posted all at the same time. (does this make sense?) Anyway, I am having a lot of trouble.

If only they would get the 4 we want in stock all at the same time! I have been checking for the last two months many times every day - ugh... best we could find is 3 available (theoretically) at the same time.

Do you have to order the whole party vs. one at a time?

Yes, the entire party has to be ordered at once. Frustrating, I know.

That isn't clever on Disney's part because it now seems unlikely that I will order for the whole party. If I could choose as they come up, I would spend more money.

I was not able to get upgraded magic bands for our July or August trips, despite checking in occasionally. Just now, I figured I would check for our November trip. There were 14 still available: Goofy Movie, Belle, Daisy Duck, Disney park food, Flynn Rider, Elsa, the Haunted Mansion, Americana, Moana, Emperor's New Groove, Tinkerbell, Walt Disney & the train ($15), Goofy, and the Dole Whip. I was so happy - hubby got the train he wanted and the other three of us all wanted the Disney park foods bands. It finally worked... no issues with choosing the ones we wanted or with check-out, which I was fearful of based on keeping up with the blogs. If you want any of those, now is a good time to check!

Two out of the four are up now, but you can't add it in without the error messages.

One good thing about our window to select the bands for pickup at the resort next week closing tomorrow is I can finally stop being irritated about not getting the 4 we want at the same time and looking over and over every day. We will get what we can get tomorrow.

Two out of the four are up now, but you can't add it in without the error messages.
I just did a check of what's showing in the Theme section: eleven allowed the choice (jumped to the name); seven would not "bind." However, I've had two bound to our names but still could not go to the purchase page so that only means there's a chance for purchase. Since our AP's just rolled over and we do have four reservations over the next four months, we have gotten two of the bands with what looks like four more (two reservations) coming. I have one more day (tomorrow) to try for the next reservation. For us, it's not a big deal unlike so many coming for the one trip--and soon. It's a good thing that WDW doesn't use this system in booking rooms! We'd all be sleeping in the parking lots in our cars--at least the rates in the parking lots are lower--or they would be for the first few nights until Disney saw $$$$.

So, I called. Twenty minutes on hold and she said it was a stock issue. As quickly as they put them up, they go away and just keep trying. It's been three days of on and off trying and I am feeling like @maui2k5 - irritated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter