Upgrade to POP vs add a day vs both??

CocoHeart

Earning My Ears
I’m sure this has been asked a bunch. Just came into a little extra money for my trip.

5 days/4 nights at all star music. Going to HS, MK, AK

3 kids 6-13

The price difference is not much (about $40/night more)

OR should I extend my trip to try and fit EPCOT in. (Although this would make me want to upgrade even more since we could use the sky liner two days)

I am also a single parent if that matters and we’ll be traveling the end of November. Thanks!!

Difficult decision! I'd hate to have to pass up a park so I'd go with the longer stay. If you can swing it financially, I'd also upgrade to Pop for the convenience.

I’d definitely go with the extra day whether or not you change resorts.

If you don’t change resorts, you have an additional $160ish dollars, so maybe stay at AS and enjoy a couple of extra special meals and/or snacks with the kiddos!

Difficult decision! I'd hate to have to pass up a park so I'd go with the longer stay. If you can swing it financially, I'd also upgrade to Pop for the convenience.
It’s so hard! I’m thinking of maybe adding Epcot and then doing AK on our fly out day. But that seems like SO much. It may be worth it to add a resort night just for the peace of mind of it all. My kids are tough but 4 jam packed Disney days in a row tough? Idk! We need to start training!

How about this….

Add the extra day and stay at AS.

Use the money saved from not switching resorts to have table service meals/character meals for a longer mid day break so you get rest and down time.

You can do BoG or CRT at MK, or even maybe Chef Mickeys.
You can do Space 220 or Garden Grill on EP day.
You can do Sci Fi or Roundup Rodeo on HS day.
You can do Rainforest or Tiffins on AK day, or even go to AKL for lunch.

That could make your jam packed days a bit more restful.

How about this….

Add the extra day and stay at AS.

Use the money saved from not switching resorts to have table service meals/character meals for a longer mid day break so you get rest and down time.

You can do BoG or CRT at MK, or even maybe Chef Mickeys.
You can do Space 220 or Garden Grill on EP day.
You can do Sci Fi or Roundup Rodeo on HS day.
You can do Rainforest or Tiffins on AK day, or even go to AKL for lunch.

That could make your jam packed days a bit more restful.
That’s a good take! Because I wasn’t planning many sit downs. But having extra money would make that possible! And the rest would be helpful! Thank you!

I’m sure this has been asked a bunch. Just came into a little extra money for my trip.

3 kids 6-13

OR should I extend my trip to try and fit EPCOT in. (Although this would make me want to upgrade even more since we could use the sky liner two days)

I am also a single parent if that matters and we’ll be traveling the end of November. Thanks!!
Extend the trip and include Epcot.

Add an extra night at the All Stars and go to Epcot. In my opinion, the Skyliner is not worth the extra money to stay at Pop. It’s nice, but you’re paying for it even when you go to parks that don’t use it. The bus system to/from the All Stars is frequent and you won’t be burdened with a stroller.

If your kids start to tire out during the day, you can consider a mid day swim break and return to the park at night. We usually take a 3-4 hour break.

Last edited:
I would do Epcot, especially with older kids. Guardians of the Galaxy is an AMAZING ride. And since you said your kids are fans of Christmas, the candlelight processional is a really beautiful show. You can get a dinner package to guarantee seating so you don't have to stand in line.

Definitely do EPCOT, guardians alone is worth it, though we are EPCOT fans prior to guardians. IMHO I do find the skyliner is worth the money staying at POP but if I had to choose to add a day or stay at POP I would add the day.

Add me to the extend the trip list.

The rooms at AS and Pop are virtually identical after the refurbishment. The only thing you are losing is the Skyliner. I stayed at ASMu in January and ASSp earlier this month, and didn’t really miss the Skyliner. I will be at Pop early next month and with rain forecast, I may have to use buses instead of the Skyliner anyway.

Stay at All Stars and add EPCOT. Don't worry about the sky liner. I have never used it, it wasn't open yet the last time I was there, but if you are at Pop you have to transfer at CBR and get into another line to get to a park, then reverse on the way back to your room. At ASSp you get on the bus, one line each way. And not that long ago, the sky liner didn't exist and buses were the main mode of transportation. If your budget is tight, opt for breaks in the room or pool instead of TS resturants. Maybe just splurge on the dinner package instead. For our family a vacation is a splurge that we have to save for so when at WDW we skip the TS restaurants and do counter service and bring snacks. We are just happy to be on property and enjoying the parks and our time together.
HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!

3 kids 6-13

POP is not an upgrade to us. It is our least favorite of all the values. I really wanted to love it, but we just never felt the vibe there. We enjoyed AS Music when we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter