Upgrade existing ticket to annual pass renewal

Good to know, I thought you had to buy/renew by Jan 3rd 2017 to get the 13 months.

I did too until my daughter told me...she scooped me on that one. Maybe they got a lot of calls about it. I actually bought a new ap voucher to activate. But I'm going to assign it to my husband for next year and now just renew. We arrive on April 29 and my pass expires on April 29..... I had ordered the new ap only for the xtra month so I could skip a few months in 2018 before getting a new pass, so can just renew now and save some money.

Question? I currently have a renewed 13 month AP that expires 12/17/2017. Can that AP be renewed again so it will be good until 1/17/2019? I realize it doesn't do me much good due to the holiday black out period. But the info may help others. Thanks

It's only good until October 2017.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.PNG
    IMG_0044.PNG
    160.7 KB · Views: 15

That 6 day hopper with the new prices is worth $495.23 if you upgrade to an AP. The new price for a gold NEW AP w/tax is $584.69
Since you missed the renewal rate of $475 + tax, $505.88 you're out $78.81, but the hopper is worth more than you paid if done before the increase.
I think the multiday pass are up $40 + tax, or $42.60 So you're only out about $36.21 for 2 extra months, not so bad.

Actually, the newest info is that DVC is using the pre-increase ticket value for any new upgrades. So no increase in value that helps to even out the increase. Waiting to see if it's something that will change or not.

Actually, the newest info is that DVC is using the pre-increase ticket value for any new upgrades. So no increase in value that helps to even out the increase. Waiting to see if it's something that will change or not.
Where did you hear that? The bridging policy is well defined. I suspect the person reporting this bought a non-bridge or ticket, rather than discovered a new policy.

Where did you hear that? The bridging policy is well defined. I suspect the person reporting this bought a non-bridge or ticket, rather than discovered a new policy.

Who knows at this point, as the policy "used" to be well defined; evidently as of 2-12-17, not so much. Unfortunately, with the addition of the expiration terms on the new tickets, the systems are now only supposed to bridge the pre-increase non expiring tickets to the Disney gate price as of 2-11-17 (the max any guest COULD HAVE possibly paid for the ticket). So they are still bridging, but not supposed to give credit to current pre-arrival ticket prices set as of the 2-12-17 increase (since Disney now knows the guest did not pay that amount).

And as much as I hate to say it, it makes sense. As you know, bridging was done to give the customer the benefit of the doubt of what they paid for a non-direct purchased ticket (a discount reseller ticket) and since Disney did not know what that price was, they always bridged to the current gate price. But with the addition of the expiration terms, Disney now knows that a guest who presents one of the pre-increase non expiration tickets could have only paid, at most, the gate price on 2-11-17 (the day before the increase). Therefore, they are only supposed to bridge to that amount. It appears that although a CM can manually override the bridge amount, it would be a violation of the new/current policy and therefore should not be counted on or expected.

Going forward, it appears that the addition of the expiration dates have theoretically capped bridging to the limited window defined by each new set of expiration dates.

ravenclawtrekkie posted it:
Well, I received some new information today that I didn't previously have.

Bridging is still done, but a pre-price-change ticket has a different code than the new ones. Ergo, the computer sees it as a different ticket and will only give the old gate price from before the change.

This is because they had to add those expiration dates to the tickets, so they had to make them different to accommodate that.

Basically - net rate (reseller) tickets without the expire date are only supposed to bridge to the old price. We weren't told this in training!

Specific post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-25#post-57157062

On this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-25

Ala non-expiring tickets. When they went away they were frozen. Seems like Disney is considering old tickets as old products. No reason for them to do that IMO as they still sell the same things and the "expiration" is just an end date and not an intrinsic use difference but they didn't ask. :) Just waiting to see how this shakes out as it wouldn't be the first time that the roll out hadn't considered all possibilities.

Kind of makes sense. I do not know of any retail place that allows you to exchange something for credit toward a new purchase, and gives you any more credit than the original purchase price, regardless of any price increases.

Who knows at this point, as the policy "used" to be well defined; evidently as of 2-12-17, not so much. Unfortunately, with the addition of the expiration terms on the new tickets, the systems are now only supposed to bridge the pre-increase non expiring tickets to the Disney gate price as of 2-11-17 (the max any guest COULD HAVE possibly paid for the ticket). So they are still bridging, but not supposed to give credit to current pre-arrival ticket prices set as of the 2-12-17 increase (since Disney now knows the guest did not pay that amount).

And as much as I hate to say it, it makes sense. As you know, bridging was done to give the customer the benefit of the doubt of what they paid for a non-direct purchased ticket (a discount reseller ticket) and since Disney did not know what that price was, they always bridged to the current gate price. But with the addition of the expiration terms, Disney now knows that a guest who presents one of the pre-increase non expiration tickets could have only paid, at most, the gate price on 2-11-17 (the day before the increase). Therefore, they are only supposed to bridge to that amount. It appears that although a CM can manually override the bridge amount, it would be a violation of the new/current policy and therefore should not be counted on or expected.

Going forward, it appears that the addition of the expiration dates have theoretically capped bridging to the limited window defined by each new set of expiration dates.

I was waiting for this! I bought the "old" 4 day park hoppers (with 3 days free) from UT -- so essentially a 7-day park hopper -- with the hope of upgrading it to a DVC Gold AP for only about $78. I thought it seemed too good to be true, and apparently it is! I will cost more like a $130, so I may not upgrade after all. Does anyone know how much it would cost me to add an extra day now? Can I even do that?

I was waiting for this! I bought the "old" 4 day park hoppers (with 3 days free) from UT -- so essentially a 7-day park hopper -- with the hope of upgrading it to a DVC Gold AP for only about $78. I thought it seemed too good to be true, and apparently it is! I will cost more like a $130, so I may not upgrade after all. Does anyone know how much it would cost me to add an extra day now? Can I even do that?

It's still going to get you a discount off an AP and since the Gold only went up $10 I think it's essentially only $10 more vs if you had done the transaction prior to the ticket increase. I don't know exactly why that would change the decision if an AP made sense to purchase.

An extra day is going to cost the difference between the gate price of that length ticket now less the pre-increase gate price of the ticket you already purchased.

So if I have a DVC gold AP that expires March 21 and I'm going to WDW March 25.......I bought one of the buy 4 get 3 days free tickets from undercover tourist to make fastpasses.......when I get there if I upgrade that ticket to renew my gold AP how much should that cost me? I'm so confused.

So if I have a DVC gold AP that expires March 21 and I'm going to WDW March 25.......I bought one of the buy 4 get 3 days free tickets from undercover tourist to make fastpasses.......when I get there if I upgrade that ticket to renew my gold AP how much should that cost me? I'm so confused.
I would suspect 505.88 - price of the ticket you have. My guess is that the ticket you have has a 4 day face value, so I would suspect you will have to pay about 100$.

A gold pass renewal is (with tax) 505.88.

And, as an FYI. you can upgrade over the phone, contrary to what most people have stated. and what every cast member states.

I called yesterday, asked for Ticket Services, and upgraded my 6 day park hopper, to an Gold AP Renewal.

I called on Thursday to do it, and the cast member said sure, she just needed ticket services. Ticket services could not do it on Thursday, because I bought the ticket (originally) for someone else, with gift cards, and my name was not associated with having payed for it. They said I can upgrade it at the park, and or assign it to someone else no problem, but because it did not have my name on the payment method, i needed the permission of the person it was bought for to upgrade it. The ticket services cast member asked if I could three way call in with the other person, and have them give their consent for it to be released and use towards an upgrade. (No, I am not kidding)....

Saturday, three way called in with the other person (same number i dialed thursday), and a cast member told me it could not be done over the phone. I kindly asked to speak to ticket services, as they told me I could do it. (Not being sarcastic, I was polite on the phone). The cast member got ticket services on the line (took an additional 10 minutes). The ticket services cast member asked the other person on the call for permission to use the ticket towards my upgrade, which was granted. The third party was then told that was all that was needed, they were free to go, then the case member upgraded my 6 day park hopper to a gold pass renewal for the difference of like 50 bucks.

I would suspect 505.88 - price of the ticket you have. My guess is that the ticket you have has a 4 day face value, so I would suspect you will have to pay about 100$.

A gold pass renewal is (with tax) 505.88.

And, as an FYI. you can upgrade over the phone, contrary to what most people have stated. and what every cast member states.

I called yesterday, asked for Ticket Services, and upgraded my 6 day park hopper, to an Gold AP Renewal.

I called on Thursday to do it, and the cast member said sure, she just needed ticket services. Ticket services could not do it on Thursday, because I bought the ticket (originally) for someone else, with gift cards, and my name was not associated with having payed for it. They said I can upgrade it at the park, and or assign it to someone else no problem, but because it did not have my name on the payment method, i needed the permission of the person it was bought for to upgrade it. The ticket services cast member asked if I could three way call in with the other person, and have them give their consent for it to be released and use towards an upgrade. (No, I am not kidding)....

Saturday, three way called in with the other person (same number i dialed thursday), and a cast member told me it could not be done over the phone. I kindly asked to speak to ticket services, as they told me I could do it. (Not being sarcastic, I was polite on the phone). The cast member got ticket services on the line (took an additional 10 minutes). The ticket services cast member asked the other person on the call for permission to use the ticket towards my upgrade, which was granted. The third party was then told that was all that was needed, they were free to go, then the case member upgraded my 6 day park hopper to a gold pass renewal for the difference of like 50 bucks.

Wow! That's interesting. Did ticket services bridge the ticket?

Wow! That's interesting. Did ticket services bridge the ticket?

I am not 100 percent sure what is meant by Bridging the Ticket. But, I bought it in August of 2016. I got a credit of (about) 450$. I believe a 6 day park hopper with the new pricing comes out to 490 and change...so, I think the answer is No.

I got a credit of the purchase price, not the new price.

Some of this MAY be relevant to DVC Members, original purchase directly FROM Disney....

Today, Sandy and I RENEWED our DVC qualified Platinum APs. We RENEWED from Platinum to Gold. The Main Website will not let you do this - CALL DVC.

Net effect: two GOLD AP RENEWALS that take effect 4-28-2017 set us back $1011.26. And yes, we got the 13 month Gold AP, as a RENEWAL.
Renewal of Platinum would have been $707 x 2 = $1414.

Caveats: We are DVC members that bought DIRECTLY from Disney. We saved a good $400 per year by agreeing to NOT go during the periods that we would NOT go anyway (crowded, bad flying weather from MI).

We are very pleased.

Main point: If renewing - do NOT use the main WDW Website. CALL DVC. The prices are totally different - WEB vs Phone. NEVER use the WDW Website to renew, or "down-renew" an AP. It could cost a family of two a good $400 per pass period to do so.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

No
And no.

The buy-4-get-3 deal is a 7 day ticket. It has a 7 day face value.

You were able to "upgrade" over the phone because the ticket was originally purchased directly and separately from Disney. They can essentially refund that purchase and apply it to a new purchase. That's a scenario which has always been possible. Upgrading a ticket from a previous package or purchased from a third party cannot be upgraded over the phone.

Unfortunately, the phone rep was correct.

No

And no.

The buy-4-get-3 deal is a 7 day ticket. It has a 7 day face value.

You were able to "upgrade" over the phone because the ticket was originally purchased directly and separately from Disney. They can essentially refund that purchase and apply it to a new purchase. That's a scenario which has always been possible. Upgrading a ticket from a previous package or purchased from a third party cannot be upgraded over the phone.

Then why in your third post on the thread did you tell me it could not be done? "Unfortunately, the phone rep was correct." were your exact words!

That was my whole question to begin with! the third post which is yours says it can not be done that the phone rep was correct.

Now you say it has always been possible.

I called three times trying to do it, once had a cast member for 45 minutes who reached out to two other people/departments, and told me it can not be done, that I have to do it in person at guess services.

Thank you for so tersely pointing out my errors.

Then why in your third post on the thread did you tell me it could not be done? "Unfortunately, the phone rep was correct." were your exact words!
Upgrades can only be done in purchase. You found a way to refund a ticket, which is not what you were asking in the original post. There are many hard-and-fast rules around these types of transactions, with very small exceptions. You're situation didn't seem to indicate that any exception was in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!