• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgradable Magic Bands

I still haven't seen any theme'd band whenever I check. Only get the solid colors in the list. Still 40 days out til need to order so hopefully they have some progress updating how this is handled by then.

Earlier there where all varieties and a message about popularity. Now only the basic colors are available. This whole thing is weird.

I checked yesterday and Captain America, a Donald Duck theme, and Stitch were available, but I needed 5 magic bands and couldn't figure out how to order just those three for folks who wanted them. Checked again today and at first got an error message that the website was down, then it let me search and there were way more themes showing on the website but no upgraded magic bands were actually available (at least that I could find). It's really amazing how much Disney's IT/website sucks when you consider it is one of the most profitable companies in the world. They are appallingly bad.

I checked yesterday and Captain America, a Donald Duck theme, and Stitch were available, but I needed 5 magic bands and couldn't figure out how to order just those three for folks who wanted them. Checked again today and at first got an error message that the website was down, then it let me search and there were way more themes showing on the website but no upgraded magic bands were actually available (at least that I could find). It's really amazing how much Disney's IT/website sucks when you consider it is one of the most profitable companies in the world. They are appallingly bad.

It's actually embarrassing.

Earlier there where all varieties and a message about popularity. Now only the basic colors are available. This whole thing is weird.

I was able to switch ours to upgraded bands while they were available for a short while. And after refreshing the page they should up on my MB page. Aaaannd now they are gone again and we are back to solid color bands.

I was able to switch ours to upgraded bands while they were available for a short while. And after refreshing the page they should up on my MB page. Aaaannd now they are gone again and we are back to solid color bands.

Expect colors. Ours said all premium, then just colors, then three colors plus one premium and that's what ended up coming. Got promo codes by email. Called shop disney and ordered the rest from there. Messy but done.

Did you check out and finalize the order and pay for them. If so that is a problem. If you just chose them and leave it that way, they will pull them back if they run out of stock. So far, from what I have read, if you don't completely finalize the transaction and purchase them, they are really not assigned to you and if stock runs out they will leave your cart.

All of this screwing up makes me very glad I ordered mine first day they were available, before things fell apart. DH did not want an enhanced one, just plain red, so I made my order for HM one for me and plain red one for him and about 10 days later that's what arrived in our po box. Id like to think there are others that got what they ordered!

So, I ordered an Ariel MB with no problem when upgrades announced. (DH wanted gray.) Shortly thereafter, I received an email saying my order would not be filled. If I tried to check the order on the app, got the Stitch down screen.

I received my Ariel MB in the mail yesterday! Surprised because I’ve not been charged. It included a receipt with a $0.00 balance. Weird, right?

Oh this gives me hope! My band is supposed to be delivered on Thursday and I received the confirmation email and it's still showing the right upgraded band in MDE, but my cc doesn't have any charge (or pending charge). Figured that meant I was definitely getting the default gray one instead, but let's see! My friends were smart, they stuck with plain colors haha.

I ended up going to the Disney store and bought the two themed bands I wanted. I was getting so annoyed with trying to order on the normal site. Most things were out of stock and when I did find something the site wouldn’t let me order it. I called tech support and even if something looked available I was receiving an error because it actually wasn’t in stock. I agree, for such a large company their site needs more attention. Anyway, got what I wanted so all it good.

I have 4 days left to order and can't get a single one :(

This is why I think people that have vacations 4+ months out should not be allowed to pick yet. How is it fair that someone going in December/January can get it but someone who is going in the next couple months can’t. If they want to allow the orders this early then they need to not ship them until the regular time. This whole thing is a fiasco. I’ve been trying since the day they released this with no success. I at least have a little time left, 50 days, to do mine but people who go in the next little bit it’s not fair they don’t have the opportunity because they keep selling out and there are constant errors.

This is why I think people that have vacations 4+ months out should not be allowed to pick yet. How is it fair that someone going in December/January can get it but someone who is going in the next couple months can’t. If they want to allow the orders this early then they need to not ship them until the regular time. This whole thing is a fiasco. I’ve been trying since the day they released this with no success. I at least have a little time left, 50 days, to do mine but people who go in the next little bit it’s not fair they don’t have the opportunity because they keep selling out and there are constant errors.

We have 7 days left to pick and can't get anything. I will continue to try the last 7 days and, if I can't get anything, I'm just going to order Magic Bands for the kids on Shop Disney so they'll have them for the trip. Disney should email $15 vouchers to use on Shop Disney and we'd reject the Magic Bands in MDE.

We aren’t traveling for a year and I’m perfectly ok if Disney said we have to wait until 4 months out or something similar

Will shop Disney send discount codes before placing the order due to the fact that you can’t actually get the order you want to process and only have a few days left to select?

We aren't going until June 2020 and I have no intention of even looking until next Spring! It's not like we can use them anyway.

Will shop Disney send discount codes before placing the order due to the fact that you can’t actually get the order you want to process and only have a few days left to select?

There are mixed results about that. I did reach out to Disney about all the issues. We're arriving mid-July, and had a number of issues ordering. I finally was about to get 2 out of 6, I gave up on the other 4 because it was absolutely impossible to get even 5 different (and wanted) MB in the cart. Disney's reply via email, before I placed my order, was the same standard lines they are giving. Inventory is in short supply, etc., Keep trying or pick a regular one. I did ask about the vouchers and in the same sentence they said that they didn't know anything about vouchers or coupons at all, but then said that if I were eligible for one, they'd email it to me... Ok... I think they are only sending coupons/vouchers for those who received the wrong magic bands after they ordered. One of the two I got was the new Haunted Mansion wallpaper one, which I am not seeing on Shop Disney etc. I am supposed to get my bands today so we shall see if that is what I get. I hope so. If it's the one with the uniforms, I will not be happy as I didn't care for that one.

I was finally able to order the other day as well and couldn't get three in stock for our group of three so one of us selected a solid band and the other two upgraded ones. My daughter's shows as the correct band, but mine (also haunted mansion) is blank. Just got the shipping notice yesterday morning. Hoping we get what we ordered.

This is absolutely ridiculous! Shame on Disney for the way they are handling this. I have been on the site constantly trying to get 4 magic bands to complete my order. Every time you log on there's different choices that come and go. Now this morning we are back to only colors again. How could they have not known they would need massive amounts of inventory when they kicked this off? Of course we're going to upgrade now rather than paying 20-30 in the parks. I've only got 14 days left to order, we'll see if we can get what we want or if we are stuck with the solid colors again.

Honestly, I think this is making Disney a little bit of money. I am constantly seeing on these threads people say that they just gave up and bought bands at full price. I wouldn't be surprised if as a result of this fiasco, they have seen an uptick in sold full price bands. I don't think that was their intent in introducing it, but I do think it was an unintended result. What I can't understand is why they haven't seen that limiting the band orders to vacationers with trips within three months would help eliminate some of the frustration from ordering. It's been mentioned over and over again in these threads. It boggles my mind that they haven't introduced those limitations yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter