• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgradable Magic Bands

I think I figured out that if one of the bands you’re trying to get is sold out , yet it still shows up as an option, then your order won’t be completed . I got 3 that I wanted, changed the fourth one to something else, and then it finally went through. I had 2 reservations so went through this process twice & it worked when I would choose another band. Good luck!

I was able to complete our order yesterday afternoon finally.I was able to get the one I wanted and the wife and daughter settled for ones that were showing at the time which was only 5 choices besides the solid colors. Our 30 day window is just a few days away.

I couldn't even get them, with all options available, early this morning. Their phone lines weren't even open yet, early. I don't know if getting up at 3am would even work. I just tried the phone line and it's the regular line.

Last edited:
Man, this is the worst! I keep trying to add them but I just keep getting an error message. :badpc:

This is really a mess! Not surprised that Disney has screwed this up. We have 9 days left to order and some that show, when I click on it ,I get a "RETRY" message. My kids are getting disappointed so I told them we'll just have to buy them the ones they want. It really is unbelievable, but they always get their price increases to work, don't they?

Had them in my cart, then error page at the payment screen. :badpc:

Happened to me too, on Friday. I finally got 3 out of 6 that I wanted and they went all they way through to payment screen. I figured wow, finally, then the screen started flashing and kicked me out. I went back in immediately and 2 of the 3 were gone again. This entire rollout has been handled so incredibly bad, it's really infuriating, especially as Disney is supposed to be a premier company, and they charge for it. From the botched releases, the lack of communication, not having people to staff the phones, to when I did contact them, they called me once and asked me to call back, I did 5 times and they never returned my calls and I had a person's name and number. Then guest services emails that were almost patronizing.. Follow up emails saying they were not aware of vouchers or coupons at all, and in the same sentence said if you were eligible a voucher they'd email me. Hmm. In the end I got 2 of out six and decided to just order. If the other 4 in our party want something special we'll buy them there, and safe the stress. Vacation planning should be fun and exciting, not infuriating.

I finally was able to order my DS the toy story band he wanted. It took forever! I kept checking and trying and all different times. I finally got it to work this morning around 8:00am. I haven’t received a confirmation email and when I go into the magic band page it just says magic band order and shows nothing, but I can’t edit anything anymore. I saw the money was taken out of my bank account. I’m hoping it actually went through.

So. Wife and I finally picked two upgraded bands. They shipped and got them
Mine is fine. Hers is plain grey. WTH?.

Now have to deal with phone calls to fix. Grrr

Its a complete mess got to checkout two separate times so far with different options and always then crashes back to just picking again and removes the premium options.

At this point would be nice if you could just turn down the Magic Bands, get a coupon, and order through shop Disney. Heck even if it was $15 instead of $10 per band I think many people would do it thus relieving some of the strain.

They just need a wait list in the end though or something.

So, I ordered an Ariel MB with no problem when upgrades announced. (DH wanted gray.) Shortly thereafter, I received an email saying my order would not be filled. If I tried to check the order on the app, got the Stitch down screen.

I received my Ariel MB in the mail yesterday! Surprised because I’ve not been charged. It included a receipt with a $0.00 balance. Weird, right?

This is one of those be careful what you wish for moments... I remember suggesting to customer service last year that they should have an upgrade option. Now it is causing me more stress than not having the option to begin with.

As others have said, their big mistake was fulfilling all orders upon receipt, rather than holding the order and fulfilling it 30 days before the travel date like they do for the free solid-color bands. Until they do that, they are going to keep selling out because everyone with vacations planned in 2020 is ordering and receiving bands at the same time as people who are ordering for trips this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter