Can Southwest gift cards be combined like Disney gift cards?

How many gift cards (or forms of payment) can be used when purchasing tickets on Southwest?
There appears to be no way to combine gift cards and you cannot add additional funds to an existing gift card. Some people have noted a hack to this in that you can purchase a dummy booking with them and then cancel which results in the gift card being added to your Southwest account as Travel Funds YMMV.

Southwest gift cards – A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per Passenger on each reservation. If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Southwest gift cards, you will only be allowed to use two Southwest gift cards and another form of payment will be required for the difference.

As noted above if your booking exceeds the value of your gift cards then you can essentially only use two gift cards and then a third form of payment that will cover the remaining balance.

Just saw that the Q3 Discover 5% (10% if in first year) cb categories are gas stations and digital wallets. The fine print says Apple Pay
I just read where at least Costco takes digital wallet. Since Sams doesnt it is better than nothing. Anyone know
any list of grocery stores that take it? Does Disney or Dcl if you pay online? Sorry unfamiliar with digital wallets.

thank you

Last edited:
Staples Online
Credit Cards & More
  • Staples Chase Offer: 10% off up to $22
  • Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x Ultimate Rewards.
  • Alternative Payment Method
  • Be sure to click through a Shopping Portal
A few bonus add ons!

VV: Giftcards.com has 10% off the $100 denomination of VV until 6/17/23. Ends up being a 4% discount after fees
Offer Link - Doctor of Credit
I'm also showing the Capital One Shopping Portal is running 3% cash back on GiftCards.com this morning

Any DP on loading a VV to Paypal and still being able to use a Paypal Offer? I've got $5 off of $50 for Staples, so was hoping I could use the VV above to use for the Staples offers.

If purchasing the Southwest Gift cards, flights are currently 40% off using code 40OFF through 6/15, for bookings 8/15-12/14, with some blackout dates. If your dates align, this stack could be really beneficial! Southwest Direct Link

I just read where at least Costco takes digital wallet. Since Sams doesnt it is better than nothing. Anyone know
any list of grocery stores that take it? Does Disney or Dcl if you pay online? Sorry unfamiliar with digital wallets.

thank you
Doubling this question above with this one -- since Costco doesn't accept Discover in-store, only online, will it accept Discover digital wallet in-store?

Staples Online
Credit Cards & More
  • Be sure to click through a Shopping Portal
  • Accepted payments include Staples Credit Cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, *gift cards.
    • *Gift cards may not be used to purchase other gift cards.
  • We accept single or multiple methods of payment on your purchases online.
  • Other Payment methods currently accepted on staples.com are Visa Checkout, American Express Checkout and American Express Membership Rewards ® Pay with Points. - Direct link
  • ONLY Staples eGift cards are processed by a third party. All other 3rd party gc are sold by Staples online.

A few bonus add ons!

VV: Giftcards.com has 10% off the $100 denomination of VV until 6/17/23. Ends up being a 4% discount after fees
Offer Link - Doctor of Credit
I'm also showing the Capital One Shopping Portal is running 3% cash back on GiftCards.com this morning

Any DP on loading a VV to Paypal and still being able to use a Paypal Offer? I've got $5 off of $50 for Staples, so was hoping I could use the VV above to use for the Staples offers.

If purchasing the Southwest Gift cards, flights are currently 40% off using code 40OFF through 6/15, for bookings 8/15-12/14, with some blackout dates. If your dates align, this stack could be really beneficial! Southwest Direct Link

Correct, as seen when clicking
---
Please post your Southwest PayPal Offer, including expiration date.
I currently have no DP when combing Alternative Payment Method with a PayPal offer and using it online at Staples. If you choose to go this route, please post your results.​
---
Thank you for posting and including the link to Southwest Flight Deals and Offers. It has been added to Post #8 Transportation & Traveling with Points,

@garris3404 and All
Where you'll also find:

Southwest Gift Card DP's:
Redeeming your Southwest gift card

I'm getting a little tired of posting While Supplies Last
I think in this game it's very much expected.

Right you guys?! I forgot who posted I didn't include it but even then I thought to myself really, I need to add that? :crazy:
Nope, done, done and done!

Last edited:
Does anyone shop at Shoppers?

I haven't seen a gift card promotion in their weekly ad since Mother's Day 2022. Offers might be on their coupon page but I don't have access, I'm ready to take them off my list.

1686762035025.png

Same goes for Ingles.

I haven't seen any gift card offers in their ads since Nov 30, 2022.
Nothing for Mother's day, Father's Day 2023. I can view their coupons but haven't found any for gift cards.

1686762713917.png

Updated: It appears all stores owned by Associated Fresh Market follow the same weekly ad.

New to our thread!

Associated Fresh Market:
Macey's Food and Pharmacy, Dan's Market, Dick's Market, Lin's Fresh Market Utah

Macey's, Dan's Fresh Market, Dick's Market, Lin’s Fresh Market

1686767637612.png
Credit Cards & More
  • Apple Pay Amex Offer: Spend 3 times with Apple Pay, get $10 back
    • Expires 7/06/23.
  • Discover cardholders, keep your eye on this site during 3rd Quarter Digital Wallet/Apple Pay.
    • Note, Macey's Food and Pharmacy might not accept Apple Pay.

Last edited:
Rite Aid

1686784494029.png
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Includes: Carrabba’s and Outback Steakhouse
    • Limit 2 with card
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 BonusCash
    • Includes: Aeropostle, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Fanatics .com
    • Limit 2 with card
  • Spend $50 in-store or online & Get $15 BonusCash
    • Rite Aid Rewards membership required.
    • Limit one per transaction.
    • Excludes gift cards, RiteAid Photo Services, tobacco or alcohol products.
    • Additional exclusions may apply visit RiteAid.com for details.
  • Weekly ad
  • Offer valid 6/18/23 – 6/24/23.
Credit Cards and More

Nordstrom & Nordstrom Rack - via Cashstar

1686785126448.png
  • Buy $150 in Gift Cards & get $25 Promo Card
    • Promotional Card Expires July 31, 2023 and will be valid only in Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores in the U.S. and online at Nordstrom. com and Nordstromrack. com.
    • The promotional card will be sent on or about July 1, 2023 to the purchaser's email address provided at the time of qualifying purchase.
    • Offer valid on Physical and eGift Cards.
    • Only one promotional card per customer may be earned during the Promotion Period.
    • Nordstrom Direct Link
    • Nordstrom Rack Direct link
    • Expires 6/18/23.

Correct, as seen when clicking
---
Please post your Southwest PayPal Offer, including expiration date.
I currently have no DP when combing Alternative Payment Method with a PayPal offer and using it online at Staples. If you choose to go this route, please post your results.​
Staples PayPal Offer
Received a targeted offer in PayPal, found in the “wallet” section, not offers, for $5 off a $50+ purchase from Staples.comIMG_1088.jpeg

Last Call!

Discount District

Best Buy Online
  • Save 20% on Topgolf Gift Cards
  • Save 15% Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Ace Hardware, Cinemark Theatres, Fanatics, Fandango, NBA Store, NFL Shop, NHL Shop and MLB Shop
  • Limit 3 per brand per customer.
  • Best Buy Deal of the Day - Direct link to offer
  • Expires 6/14/23. Post #16939
Credit Cards and more
  • Best Buy Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $250 Spend
    • Expires 6/15/23.
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Newegg
  • Buy $50 Fanatics eGift Card for $37.50 with Promo Code SSFCT923
Credit Cards & More
  • Amex Business Gold card will earn 4x Membership Rewards if this is one of your top two earning categories this month.
  • May also try shopping portal

Staples Online
Credit Cards & More
  • Staples PayPal Offer: $5 off a $50+ purchase from Staples. com
  • Discover 5% Digital Wallet/Apple Pay 3rd Qtr.

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
bareMinerals Chase Offer: 10% back, until $11 cashback maximum is reached.
Buy Digital Or Physical Gift Card​
Expires 6/14/23. Post #15979

Good night folks, it's been fun! ;)

Newegg
1686799934730.png

• $50 Banana Republic eGift Cards for $39.99
    • Limit 15 per customer. Direct link
    • No promo code needed.
    • Expiry date unknown.
Credit Cards & More
  • Amex Business Gold card will earn 4x Membership Rewards if this is one of your top two earning categories this month.
  • May also try shopping portal
  • Look into Payment Methods as well, I have no DP for PayPal or when using discounted Visa/Mastercard gift cards. Post #14164
For those interested, Newegg Shell Shocker 6/15/23:

1686800171977.png
$25 Chipotle eGift Card

Added Offer ~ 6/15/23
Discount District

Ace Hardware In-Store & Online

Offers for Rewards Members - Free to Join
1686846759872.png
  • 25% Off one Regular Priced Item Under $50 or $12.50 Off One Regular Priced Item Over $50
    • Coupon not valid online.
    • For those interested there is an exclusions list, be sure to read that prior to check out.
    • Direct link
    • Expires 6/19/23.
  • Buy $50 Ace Hardware Gift Card & Get $10 Ace Hardware gift card
    • Limit 2.
    • Online - Third Party Vendor
    • In-store - Use credit card offers below.
    • Expires 6/19/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards 5% Category: Home Improvement
    • Expires 7/06/23.

CVS

1686847570897.png
  • Spend $50 Select Gift Card & Get $10 ExtraBucks
    • Includes: Fandango, Red Robin or Wayfair
    • Limit of 1 per household with card.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 6/18/23 – 6/25/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards Q2 2023: Drugstores
  • Citi Dividend Q2 2023: Drugstores

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter