Good grief. I just looked to buy tickets for our trip in March... $5000 for 8 of us. And thats not including genie. I could save a bit but I want to get hoppers to take advantage of the hopeful late night hours for deluxe resorts. This far out dates could change and I don't want to be stuck if there aren't reservations for the right park that day.

Costco promo that is today and tomorrow only - buy $3000 in one transaction on Costco.com and get a $500 Costco Shop Card via email.
**EDIT - RMN also has 1% back at Costc.com right now.

How it works:​

1. Add items worth $3,000 or more to your cart.*
  2. Complete the purchase of items worth $3,000 or more on Costco.com in one transaction.
  3. Within 5-7 business days from the date the complete Costco.com order has shipped, you will receive an email with your Costco Digital Shop Card.

Terms and Exclusions​

*Spend $3,000 or more on Costco.com (subject to terms and exclusions below) from October 17, 2022 at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time through October 18, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time, and get a $500 Costco Digital Shop Card. The purchases must be in one transaction, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping (unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping is included in the quoted price), and after any other coupons, discounts, and offers; products that are listed with an existing Costco Shop Card offer will be calculated at the net price (that is, product price less the value of the existing Costco Shop Card offer). Void if eligible products are purchased and returned. Active Costco membership required; limit one $500 Costco Digital Shop Card per membership number. Promotion valid for U.S. residents and U.S. purchases only (excludes U.S. territories).

Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centers, on Costcobusinessdelivery.com, on Costcophotocenter.com, on Costcotravel.com, on Costcopharmacy.com, on Sameday.costco.com, on Costconext.com, or on purchases of Costco Shop Cards (digital or physical), Costco Services, gift cards or certificates, alcohol, tickets, membership, membership renewals, gifts of membership, custom installation or custom merchandise orders, optical, and hearing aids. Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers subject to change without notice. Price adjustments cannot be combined with previous promotions and discounts. Future Price Adjustments are not permitted on items purchased during this promotion.

The $500 Costco Digital Shop Card will be delivered to the ‘Bill To’ email address on the purchaser’s Costco.com account within 5 to 7 business days from the date that the complete Costco.com order has shipped, subject to compliance with these terms and conditions. No responsibility is assumed by Costco for any deliveries that are returned as undeliverable, or for any Costco Digital Shop Card after it has been sent to the customer via email. The Costco Digital Shop Card is not redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Void where prohibited.

If it is discovered by Costco that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple accounts and/or any other means not in keeping with Costco’s interpretation of these terms and conditions to participate in or to disrupt this promotion, then they may be disqualified from participation in this promotion in the sole and absolute discretion of Costco. The Costco Digital Shop Card will immediately be void if Costco determines that it was at any time obtained illegally (including by fraud), contrary to these terms and conditions, or if it is altered.

Costco Promo.JPG

I need a Delta GC so I was going to go to Lowe's to buy one since there's a Chase offer posted earlier. However, was just looking at the details and it says "Shop on Lowes.com or through the Lowe's app, and choose pick up in store, curbside pickup or delivery." Does that mean I can't purchase directly at the store? I don't think they sell GCs online!

I got a new Target Circle offer today: $15 off a $90 purchase, exp 10/22 (does not work on GC)

Also, Amex has a new Staples offer on business cards: Spend $100, get $25 back

Good grief. I just looked to buy tickets for our trip in March... $5000 for 8 of us. And thats not including genie. I could save a bit but I want to get hoppers to take advantage of the hopeful late night hours for deluxe resorts. This far out dates could change and I don't want to be stuck if there aren't reservations for the right park that day.
Some concern that the Deluxe Resort Extend Evening Hours... are not going to extend that far. It's been stuck on Dec 28th as the last date for over a month now. Maybe it continues as is, maybe they plan to tweak it in some way, or maybe the new paid extended hours are taking it's place?

Lot's of reasons I'd want a Park Hopper... just saying you really can't count on some things staying as they are - very frustrating. Worse is planning to park hop, but then your first Genie+ time slot or ILL is in the evening - really only an issue when it's really crowded.

Some concern that the Deluxe Resort Extend Evening Hours... are not going to extend that far. It's been stuck on Dec 28th as the last date for over a month now. Maybe it continues as is, maybe they plan to tweak it in some way, or maybe the new paid extended hours are taking it's place?

Lot's of reasons I'd want a Park Hopper... just saying you really can't count on some things staying as they are - very frustrating. Worse is planning to park hop, but then your first Genie+ time slot or ILL is in the evening - really only an issue when it's really crowded.
Can PH be added later?

This is hard to answer as I haven't done it in long time.
It depends on where you got the Visa
If from swagbucks (SB): No it will not work.​

VV's worked on 3/21/22 Post #7121 :thumbsup2 @catsinawindow

Hopefully others will chime in with their recent experience using purchased Visa GC. (staples, office max, grocery stores etc.)

Actually, I used the virtual Visa from SB to purchase Disney gift cards from Sam's Club all the time. Over $1400 worth this year alone. Sadly, the VV are no longer available at Swagbucks. They have switched to American Express virtual cards and from what I've heard, those do not work anywhere for Disney cards. I had to switch my SB payouts to Paypal.

Agree and I'm keeping on eye on it:

Post #6 Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps

PayPal Cashback:
  • Does not work on gift cards, confirmed here and here.
  • A few brave souls are trying their hand now too, we'll keep monitoring them here and here.
Hopefully they'll share images when they update.

I did a Paypal/ShopDisney purchase in September when Discover had Paypal on the 5% and Paypal was 9%. It did appear to work as others have said, it's pending. The problem is PP gold pends for 90 days which is an eternity. So obviously by the time it actually credits, you can't do the deal again. I just did a $100 card, in case it didn't credit.
1666042959272.png

Actually, I used the virtual Visa from SB to purchase Disney gift cards from Sam's Club all the time. Over $1400 worth this year alone. Sadly, the VV are no longer available at Swagbucks. They have switched to American Express virtual cards and from what I've heard, those do not work anywhere for Disney cards. I had to switch my SB payouts to Paypal.
Same here, I would use the VV added to PP to stack with RMN all the time. I only do the first redemption of the month for the discount.

SB is offering the MC's again. The only time I redeemed/used it was right before the whole MC/SB incident.... don't know how comfortable I feel trying them again. I've seen mixed reviews on the AMEX, but I may get one to play around with it.

SB is offering the MC's again. The only time I redeemed/used it was right before the whole MC/SB incident.... don't know how comfortable I feel trying them again. I've seen mixed reviews on the AMEX, but I may get one to play around with it.
Ah, didn't know they were back. I redeemed for one and it was caught up in the hack which was a huge hassle. They did make it right but took several weeks. I'm not sure I'd go there again either. Maybe one a month for the discount then rest in Paypal. I was able to use the MC they replaced at Sam's Club online for a Disney card (combined with another payment method for the balance), just wary about the security of them.

Costco promo that is today and tomorrow only - buy $3000 in one transaction on Costco.com and get a $500 Costco Shop Card via email.
**EDIT - RMN also has 1% back at Costc.com right now.

How it works:​

1. Add items worth $3,000 or more to your cart.*
  2. Complete the purchase of items worth $3,000 or more on Costco.com in one transaction.
  3. Within 5-7 business days from the date the complete Costco.com order has shipped, you will receive an email with your Costco Digital Shop Card.

Terms and Exclusions​

*Spend $3,000 or more on Costco.com (subject to terms and exclusions below) from October 17, 2022 at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time through October 18, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time, and get a $500 Costco Digital Shop Card. The purchases must be in one transaction, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping (unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping is included in the quoted price), and after any other coupons, discounts, and offers; products that are listed with an existing Costco Shop Card offer will be calculated at the net price (that is, product price less the value of the existing Costco Shop Card offer). Void if eligible products are purchased and returned. Active Costco membership required; limit one $500 Costco Digital Shop Card per membership number. Promotion valid for U.S. residents and U.S. purchases only (excludes U.S. territories).

Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centers, on Costcobusinessdelivery.com, on Costcophotocenter.com, on Costcotravel.com, on Costcopharmacy.com, on Sameday.costco.com, on Costconext.com, or on purchases of Costco Shop Cards (digital or physical), Costco Services, gift cards or certificates, alcohol, tickets, membership, membership renewals, gifts of membership, custom installation or custom merchandise orders, optical, and hearing aids. Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers subject to change without notice. Price adjustments cannot be combined with previous promotions and discounts. Future Price Adjustments are not permitted on items purchased during this promotion.

The $500 Costco Digital Shop Card will be delivered to the ‘Bill To’ email address on the purchaser’s Costco.com account within 5 to 7 business days from the date that the complete Costco.com order has shipped, subject to compliance with these terms and conditions. No responsibility is assumed by Costco for any deliveries that are returned as undeliverable, or for any Costco Digital Shop Card after it has been sent to the customer via email. The Costco Digital Shop Card is not redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Void where prohibited.

If it is discovered by Costco that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple accounts and/or any other means not in keeping with Costco’s interpretation of these terms and conditions to participate in or to disrupt this promotion, then they may be disqualified from participation in this promotion in the sole and absolute discretion of Costco. The Costco Digital Shop Card will immediately be void if Costco determines that it was at any time obtained illegally (including by fraud), contrary to these terms and conditions, or if it is altered.

View attachment 711413
So sad Costco doesn’t sell Disney gift cards :( I don’t see anything I need that could total $3k.

I need a Delta GC so I was going to go to Lowe's to buy one since there's a Chase offer posted earlier. However, was just looking at the details and it says "Shop on Lowes.com or through the Lowe's app, and choose pick up in store, curbside pickup or delivery." Does that mean I can't purchase directly at the store? I don't think they sell GCs online!
I used my Chase offer in store to buy amazon cards and received the credit.

Remind me please: I can buy a Disney Gift Card with a Visa gift card, correct?

I should have asked where are you planning on buying the DGC as my response is for ShopDisney.

This is hard to answer as I haven't done it in long time.
It depends on where you got the Visa
If from swagbucks (SB): No it will not work.​

VV's worked on 3/21/22 Post #7121 :thumbsup2 @catsinawindow

Hopefully others will chime in with their recent experience using purchased Visa GC. (staples, office max, grocery stores etc.)

I have had luck at most retailers except Kroger.

I did a Paypal/ShopDisney purchase in September when Discover had Paypal on the 5% and Paypal was 9%. It did appear to work as others have said, it's pending. The problem is PP gold pends for 90 days which is an eternity. So obviously by the time it actually credits, you can't do the deal again. I just did a $100 card, in case it didn't credit.
View attachment 711433
Thank you for posting, I've added you to the brave souls.
What type of DGC did you buy in September and which form of payment? Just trying to get as much details as possible.

I should have asked where are you planning on buying the DGC as my response is for ShopDisney.
I was thinking BJs. I know last year I found some old VISA Vanilla GC and before our trip I'm pretty sure I purchased DGC with them but I can't remember how I did it or where. I probably bought them on Best Buy or Target. Just trying to plan ahead to get the most bang for my buck on Black Friday at Bjs.

Added Offers ~ 10/18/22

Discount District

1666098649040.png
Shop ‘N Save:
  • Buy $100 Visa or Mastercard Gift Cards & Save $10 on Your Next Grocery Purchase
    • Visa and Mastercard is limited to $500 per household.
  • Earn 10¢ OFF Per Gallon of Gas For Every $50 You Spend on Gift Cards
  • Weekly Ad
  • Offer valid 10/20/22 – 10/26/22

Last edited:
I was thinking BJs. I know last year I found some old VISA Vanilla GC and before our trip I'm pretty sure I purchased DGC with them but I can't remember how I did it or where. I probably bought them on Best Buy or Target. Just trying to plan ahead to get the most bang for my buck on Black Friday at Bjs.

And there we have it, buying DGC at BJ's with Visa GC.
Probably should have included that in your original post! :laughing: Anyway...

BJ's Offers:
  • Save 4% Everyday on Disney Gift Cards
  • Click through from a shopping portal in case the purchase tracks – check the current rates here and here.
  • Chase Freedom & Freedom Flex 5% 4Q via PayPal

BJ's DP & More
  • BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link

And there we have it, buying DGC at BJ's with Visa GC.
Probably should have included that in your original post! :laughing: Anyway...

BJ's Offers:
  • Save 4% Everyday on Disney Gift Cards
  • Click through from a shopping portal in case the purchase tracks – check the current rates here and here.
  • Chase Freedom & Freedom Flex 5% 4Q via PayPal

BJ's DP & More
  • BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link
Awesome! Thank you so much! Love this thread!

Two Days Peeps! I'll be here today and tomorrow!

1666102183888.png

I'd love to say I'll be basking in the sun with a cool breeze and a tasty wave... of fresh popcorn wafting through MK, but the weather for my travels isn't so promising. Still, it's better than being in the dark, rainy and cold temps Michigan is providing free of charge! We're enjoying the fall foliage no doubt, just not the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter