I added a $250 Target GC to my cart in Raise to experiment, and it appears that lucky gives 5% off, and lucky10 gives $10 off.

View attachment 653614
View attachment 653615
I have never used Raise before. I was looking at it since you posted this. I thought it was reward based where I earned points for purchases. But it looks just like a place to buy discounted gift cards. Is this correct or am I missing something? If I get a target gift card does it just send me an ecard? Have you ever used an e card at target to purchase Disney cards? Sorry. Lots of questions this morning.

Shopkick: a précis

What is it?

Shopkick is a cashback app which allows you to earn gift cards-- Disney gift cards included-- without the need of making a purchase.

How does it work?
You earn 'kicks' (points, by another name) which add up, and are redeemable for GCs. Kicks can be earned by scanning items in-store, simply walking into a store, or making a purchase. As you may imagine, you'll earn the most kicks for purchases.

You can also earn kicks by making in-store purchases by linking your credit card to Shopkick. I've found this is possible only at TJMaxx and Marshall's, but that may change based on your geographical location.

Scanning items?
I know it sounds weird, and if you're like me, you may feel guilty the first few times you try it. But I promise no one cares! And plenty of people walk around stores holding their phones these days.

After selecting your store, you'll see the offers available. Generally you'll be given the option to scan or to purchase.

The value in blue on the left is what you'll earn for scanning; on the right, in green is what you'll earn for purchasing. You'll see the kicks instantly added to your total after scanning the bar code.

The kicks per scan vary quite a bit-- anywhere from 10 kicks to 100 kicks. But i'd say on average on they are in the 20-30 range per item.

The items you scan are very specific-- sometimes even down to size of the bottle or twin pack vs single. In order to earn kicks, you have to scan exactly what it states.

In this screenshot above, then, you could only scan (or purchase) Dove Body Love Lotion. No other type of Dove Body Lotion would work.

Walk-ins?
In my area, Walmart, Target, and CVS always give 10 kicks per walk-in. Depending on signal strength, you may not even need to walk into the store, just standing outside will give you the kicks. This is useful if you walk for part of a commute.

TJMaxx and Marshall's usually give 75 kicks per walk-in, but there are often bonus kicks. Currently, they're 125 kicks each, and on some holiday weekends, I've seen them go as high as 250.

Your ability to earn from walk-ins is limited. This is an area where they are a little vague about how this earning ability is calculated.

Are there other ways to earn kicks?
You can watch adverts in the app. It's usually 1-3 kicks per ad, but some have earned me 5 or 10.

There is also an online shopping portal. Click through from the offers the same way you would do with Rakuten or Ibotta, and you'll earn kicks.

As with most of these sort of apps, you're given a referral code, and you can earn bonuses by referring friends/family to the app. If your person earns 10 kicks in the first 7 days, you'll each gain 250 kicks.

Sometimes there are also opportunities for kicks at cinema concessions (I go to the movies twice a month or more, so this is particularly helpful for me) and restaurants.

Why should I use Shopkick?
You can earn a DGC without having to make any purchases! It is a quicker process if you do make purchases, but it's possible to earn without, just through scans, walk-ins, and watching adverts. And I really appreciate that I can earn a DGC directly. I also use Fetch for earning GCs-- I earn a Visa, and then go to get a DGC. With Shopkick, it's a little more streamlined. (There are many other brands offered, if you don't want DGC!)

I also like the ease of just scanning as I walk around doing my grocery shop, or just having a Saturday afternoon mooch through Walmart or Target.

I have never used Raise before. I was looking at it since you posted this. I thought it was reward based where I earned points for purchases. But it looks just like a place to buy discounted gift cards. Is this correct or am I missing something? If I get a target gift card does it just send me an ecard? Have you ever used an e card at target to purchase Disney cards? Sorry. Lots of questions this morning.

Yes, Raise is just a place to purchase discounted GCs. Some brands also have cash back, which can be used against later Raise purchases. It's all eGC, so you'll get an email with the card information. (If you use Rakuten, you get 1% cb on Raise purchases.)

You can also sell GCs to Raise, if you've got any you're not using. I've never done this with Raise, so I can't personally attest to how good or bad this service is.

Target does not allow you to purchase gift card with gift card, unfortunately.

Raise also sells full price cards that earn cash back (Raise cash). Target no longer allows using their GCs to buy other cards. Raise sells physical and eGCs. The listing will say what it is. There have been fraud issues with physical cards in the past. I always by digital now.

I check Raise every so often when they have bonus coupons off. You kind of have to get lucky with the Disney Gift Card discounts though. Typically there is a lot available at half a percent or less discount. If you refresh or check back later on, someone may have put their Disney GC up for sale on Raise at a higher discount off and you can snag it. I got lucky today and snagged a $100 DGC for $96.66 and added a $5 Starbucks card to get me over the $100 threshold to trigger the $10 off for LUCKY10 code.

One note about Raise is that Disney Gift Cards are separated into Disney vs Disney Store categories. They're all the same thing and you can enter them into the DisneyGiftCard.com website for digital wallet management. Just purchase whatever has the better discount off :)
DGC Raise Coupon code.JPG

Has anyone purchased Disney gift cards at bed bath beyond recently?
I bought some about a month ago and clerk made a comment of "They haven't restocked those in a while" and then going today I was told "We don't cary 3rd party gift cards anymore"

Wondering if it's just one BBB or all of them.

Amazon: Get $10 Off Your Next $20+ Pickup Order (Targeted; YMMV)
s/o Danny Deal Guru

• Amazon has a targeted promotion that can get you a $10 discount on your next order or $20 or more
  • Try the promo codes:
    • 10TRYPICKUP
    • PICKUP10OFF
    • 10PICKUPCODE
  • Offer Terms
    • Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon.com Services LLC (look for 'sold by Amazon.com' or 'sold by Amazon.com Services LLC' on the product detail page)
    • Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if 'fulfilled by Amazon.com' or 'Prime Eligible'
    • Offer does not apply to digital content
    • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items
    • Offer limited to one per customer and account
    • Offer is valid until April 27, 2022

Chase Offers has no idea what you're buying. They never see anything about the purchase other than the amount that posts on your credit card. I use Chase Offers for GCs all the time.

That totally makes sense! I kind of figured that, but was thrown off when I looked at the offer. This will be my first time using CVS although I have used the Disney deal in the past.

Has anyone purchased Disney gift cards at bed bath beyond recently?
I bought some about a month ago and clerk made a comment of "They haven't restocked those in a while" and then going today I was told "We don't cary 3rd party gift cards anymore"

Wondering if it's just one BBB or all of them.

BBB does not carry 3rd party gift cards anymore. When I went in on Friday (3/11) I didn't see the rack of 3rd party gift cards as in the past. Just to be sure, I went to my secret stash of amazon gift cards that I have hidden in the store and took 2 up to the self checkout and the system wouldn't even recognize it anymore. So they have taken the 3rd party gift cards out of the system.

This change must have occurred some time after 2/9/22, since I successfully purchased Amazon gift cards at the self checkout on that date.

Thankfully, I am only left with $200 of happy bride gift cards. I will convert them into BBB gift cards and eventually will use them at BBB.

Last edited:
Safeway/Albertsons: Earn 10x Points On $50+ The Children’s Place Gift Cards
  • Earn 10x points when buying $50+ The Children’s Place gift cards at Safeway, Albertsons & other Just For U stores
  • Direct link to digital coupon
  • Expires March 19, 2022
  • Unlimited use

CVS: Buy $50 Fanatics Gift Card & Get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards

• Buy $50 Fanatics gift card at CVS & get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards
  • Direct link to weekly ad
  • Expires March 19, 2022
  • Limit 1 per household with card

Rite Aid: Earn 16-20% BonusCash On Ace Hardware, Barnes & Noble, GameStop & Fanatics Gift Cards

• Rite Aid is offering the following gift card deals this week:
    • Buy $50 gift cards for the following brands & get $8 BonusCash:
      • GameStop
      • Fanatics
    • Buy $25 gift cards for the following brands & get $5 BonusCash:
      • Ace Hardware
      • Barnes & Noble
  • Direct link to weekly ad
  • Expires March 19, 2022
  • Limit 2 per gift card pairing

Dollar General: Save 10% On $25 & $50 Xbox Gift Cards

Target: Buy 1 Gaming Gift Card & Get 1 Gaming Gift Card 15% Off

• Buy one of the following gaming gift cards at Target and get 15% off a second gaming gift card:
    • Steam
    • Nintendo eShop
    • Roblox
    • Xbox
    • Xbox Live
    • Xbox Game Pass
    • Xbox Game Pass For PC
    • Nintendo Switch Online
    • Twitch
  • Direct link to offer
  • Expires March 19, 2022

Newegg: Buy 3 Month Xbox Game Pass Gift Cards For $37.11

• Buy 3 month Xbox Game Pass gift cards for $37.11 from Newegg when using promo code SSBQA323
  • Direct link to offer
  • Expires March 13, 2022
  • Limit 3

(Update: More Codes) Giftcards.com: Save 5% On Virtual Visa Gift Cards
  • Save 5% when buying virtual Visa gift cards from Giftcards.com and using the following promo codes:
    • SPRINGVIP (expired? YMMV?)
    • SPRING22
    • SPRINGSALE
    • SPRINGVISA
    • SPRING
  • Direct link to offer

Target GC with Purchase
Link
  • Baby
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 3 select Aquaphor Baby baby care products through 3/19/2022
    • $10 Target GiftCard when you buy 2 select up & up diapers economy plus packs using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
    • $15 Target GiftCard when you buy 2 select enormous diapers using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
  • Beauty
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 4 select Jozi Curls hair care products through 4/2/2022
  • Electronics
    • $10 Target GiftCard when you spend $100 or more on Apple gift cards online only through 3/19/2022
    • $30 Target GiftCard when you buy an LG 75'' Class 4K UHD Smart LED HDR TV - 75UP7070PUD through 3/19/2022
  • Food & Beverage
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you spend $25 or more on Monster Energy & Reign energy drinks using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
  • Household
    • $10 Target GiftCard when you buy 3 select household essentials using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
  • Health & personal care
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 2 select Goli gummies - 60-ct. using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 2 select sleep aid supplements using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
  • Pets
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 3 select Trekker's dog treats using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 3 select Purina Beyond Mixers dog food using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
    • $5 Target GiftCard when you buy 2 select pet food and litter using in store Order Pickup, Drive Up or Same Day Delivery through 3/19/2022
  • Sports & outdoors
    • $200 Target GiftCard when you buy a Bowflex VeloCore 16" console indoor leaning exercise bike – black through 3/19/2022
    • $50 Target GiftCard when you buy a Schwinn 170 upright exercise bike – silver through 3/19/2022
    • $100 Target GiftCard when you buy a Theragun G4 Pro – black through 3/26/2022
    • $50 Target GiftCard when you buy a select Theragun massage device through 3/26/2022
    • $25 Target GiftCard when you buy a Theragun Mini handheld percussive massage device or a Theragun Mini - red through 3/26/2022

BBB does not carry 3rd party gift cards anymore. When I went in on Friday (3/11) I didn't see the rack of 3rd party gift cards as in the past. Just to be sure, I went to my secret stash of amazon gift cards that I have hidden in the store and took 2 up to the self checkout and the system wouldn't even recognize it anymore. So they have taken the 3rd party gift cards out of the system.

This change must have occurred some time after 2/9/22, since I successfully purchased Amazon gift cards at the self checkout on that date.

Thankfully, I am only left with $200 of happy bride gift cards. I will convert them into BBB gift cards and eventually will use them at BBB.

I’ve got $150 myself of Happy Moments. Luckily they can also be used at Sephora.

Hello all of you wise ones!
DD is flying Delta on a school trip. I am responsible for luggage fees, and there's a trombone :eek:. Can I use a Delta GC to pay luggage fees online in advance? I know they are notoriously difficult to use. I'm trying to max my Kroger 4X points for gas.

DD is flying Delta on a school trip. I am responsible for luggage fees, and there's a trombone :eek:. Can I use a Delta GC to pay luggage fees online in advance? I know they are notoriously difficult to use. I'm trying to max my Kroger 4X points for gas.

As ever, YMMV. But the Delta website states:

Delta offers an electronic gift card program (eGift) with a physical gift card product. The Delta branded gift cards are available on delta.com in denominations ranging from $50-$1,000 USD per card, in $5 increments.
  • eGift/Gift Cards may be redeemed for the total purchase price of air transportation on Delta marketed flights, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation.
  • eGift/Gift Cards may not be used for any additional fees (e.g. baggage fees) or for any other products or services (e.g. class upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating).

As ever, YMMV. But the Delta website states:

Delta offers an electronic gift card program (eGift) with a physical gift card product. The Delta branded gift cards are available on delta.com in denominations ranging from $50-$1,000 USD per card, in $5 increments.
  • eGift/Gift Cards may be redeemed for the total purchase price of air transportation on Delta marketed flights, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation.
  • eGift/Gift Cards may not be used for any additional fees (e.g. baggage fees) or for any other products or services (e.g. class upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating).
Darn!
appreciate your response - I guess I could have just looked that up myself, thanks for your time!

Darn!
appreciate your response - I guess I could have just looked that up myself, thanks for your time!
I had a $50 delta gift card a couple of years ago, and they absolutely would not let you use it for anything except the airfare. It is why I would never buy a delta gift card again.

We only fly Delta and our luggage is free though I'm thinking you can use Visa gift cards to pay for your daughters trombone. Delta has cashless hubs and recommends: Customers without an accepted form of payment may elect to purchase a Visa gift pre-paid credit payment card from a kiosk provided by a third-party vendor for a nominal fee. Link

Kroger has 4x Fuel on Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards. You may want to call Delta to confirm prior to purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter