Thanks again for the tip, it worked great for us today. Here’s a Fred Meyer gas tip for you. If you use Ebates, you can link your cc for in store offers. They have Fred Meyer jewelers and at our Fred’s gas station it’s coded as jewelers, not sure why, so we get cash back. Usually 7%.
Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen this reported! I wonder if it would work at my local Kroger. They have a Fred Meyer's Jewelers inside the store or does it have to be Fred Meyers. :confused: Currently the In-Store cash back is 3.5% and if you're saving 14% on gift cards ($35 at the pump) plus 5-6% from a cc wow, that's just blue icing! Saawweet!

A minor caveat.

Stick to Our Accepted Cards
We currently accept credit and debit cards from American Express®, Mastercard® and Visa®. Add as many cards as you like to your account; there are no limits. Link

No Discover! But there are other cards that get % on gas.

Last edited:
Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen this reported! I wonder if it would work at my local Kroger. They have a Fred Meyer's Jewelers inside the store or does it have to be Fred Meyers. :confused: Currently the In-Store cash back is 3.5% and if you're saving 14% on gift cards ($35 at the pump) plus 5-6% from a cc wow, that's just blue icing! Saawweet!
View attachment 470220

A minor caveat.

Stick to Our Accepted Cards
We currently accept credit and debit cards from American Express®, Mastercard® and Visa®. Add as many cards as you like to your account; there are no limits. Link

No Discover! But there are other cards that get % on gas.

Yeah I don’t know why the gas station here is coded as jewelers, but the jewelry is inside the main store, so it’s definitely odd. It’s a fluke I discovered it because I don’t buy their jewelry but added the offer anyway. I got an email that I used the cashback offer and figure out it was from getting gas. So now I add the offer all the time. Sometimes it’s 7%, it fluctuates. Worth a try at Kroger.

Yeah I don’t know why the gas station here is coded as jewelers, but the jewelry is inside the main store, so it’s definitely odd. It’s a fluke I discovered it because I don’t buy their jewelry but added the offer anyway. I got an email that I used the cashback offer and figure out it was from getting gas. So now I add the offer all the time. Sometimes it’s 7%, it fluctuates. Worth a try at Kroger.

Does it code that way on your credit card too or just ebates? I know mine codes as gas on my cc.

Added Offers

Discount District
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Gift Cards Limit 10, Expires 2/15/20 Link

Credit Card Offers
Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $50 Discount) YMMV Expires 2/15/20 Link

Amazon: $20/$40 Off $50/$100 When You Use 1 Membership Rewards Point YMMV Expires 3/31/2020 Link

Chase Ultimate Rewards: Save 5-10% On Select Gift Cards Expires 2/29/20 Link

Interesting
Mygiftcardplus: 10%-20% Back On Lowe’s/Carrabba’s & More Giftcards In The Form Of Swagbucks Expiration Unknown Link

GiftCardMall: Save 20% On $25 Gift Cards For Topgolf, Steak n’ Shake, Jiffy Lube & Bow Tie Cinemas Expires 2/14/20 Link

So bummed that I didn't use my Redcard 10% off one item from last week. I now need to get a convertible car seat for my parents when they take care of my son. Sigh.

I used the 10X Rewards offered by Safeway/Albertsons/Vons last December to buy Disney gift cards. I have learned a lot about the program since then, which I thought I would share so others could avoid my mistakes. My mistake was that I had too many Rewards to use in an efficient manner only for grocery rewards. Here’s what I learned:

1. Rewards are usually earned 1 for each $100 spent in a month. With a 10X promo, you earn 50 rewards for buying a $500 gift card.
2. Once earned, you have 2 calendar months to clip the Rewards for offers.
3. Grocery offers include free items for redeeming various Rewards and, much better, cash credit for redeeming various Rewards. So if you redeem 1 Reward, you might get a free roll of paper towels or $1 off a $1 purchase. Some cash rewards require specific purchases, such a $2 off a $2 bakery purchase.
4. You can see all the offers available to you for this month in the app. The offers available the next month were the same for the cash back offers but mostly different for free food items. So, January let me get free shredded cheese and February let me get free sliced cheese (both in-house brand).
5. Once you “clip” your Reward points for a listed offer, you have until the end of the following month to use it. That particular clipped offer will not be available to you again until the following month. So if you clip 1 Reward for $1 off next purchase, you can’t use that exact offer until your offers refresh at the beginning of the next month.
6. The cash offers are cumulative, even if it means you get a credit back. For example, if you clip 7 Rewards for $10 off next purchase of $10 or more, and clip 5 Rewards for $7 off next purchase of $7 or more, a purchase of $10 will get you a $7 credit to your credit card of choice.
7. For me, I found that earning about 50 Rewards would be the maximum I could use efficiently. When I earned 50 Rewards in December, I was able to clip $29 off next purchase using 22 points and $2 off bakery and $3 off produce using another 3 points. I clipped the same for January, for a total of 50 points that were a no-brainer to spend. Had I bought a $500 gift card with the 10x Rewards promotion, I would have received $10 in groceries and $54 cash back, a 12.8% discount.
8. My mistake: I had earned 100 Rewards, making the other 50 points more of a challenge. After clipping all remaining Rewards (lots of free items, mostly in-house brands) just before they expired at the end of January, I still had Rewards that expired.
I hope this is helpful to others!

I did a few days ago too. Bought $100 Disney GC with 2 $50 Happy Guys in one transaction. I don't have issues doing that at my stores, but of course YMMV
Are you getting any good deals on Happy Guys cards lately? Thanks.

Added Offers

Discount District
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Gift Cards Limit 10, Expires 2/15/20 Link

Credit Card Offers
Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $50 Discount) YMMV Expires 2/15/20 Link

Amazon: $20/$40 Off $50/$100 When You Use 1 Membership Rewards Point YMMV Expires 3/31/2020 Link

Chase Ultimate Rewards: Save 5-10% On Select Gift Cards Expires 2/29/20 Link

Interesting
Mygiftcardplus: 10%-20% Back On Lowe’s/Carrabba’s & More Giftcards In The Form Of Swagbucks Expiration Unknown Link

GiftCardMall: Save 20% On $25 Gift Cards For Topgolf, Steak n’ Shake, Jiffy Lube & Bow Tie Cinemas Expires 2/14/20 Link

I used the Meijer offer today. I bought a $500 gift card and then did my grocery shopping. By the time I made it to the register my $50 in rewards was in my account and I was able to use them. This is my favorite deal for Disney gift cards because I shop at Meijer all the time.

I used the Meijer offer today. I bought a $500 gift card and then did my grocery shopping. By the time I made it to the register my $50 in rewards was in my account and I was able to use them. This is my favorite deal for Disney gift cards because I shop at Meijer all the time.

Did you purchase 1 $500 DGC or multiple smaller denominations?

I love this deal and bought $2k in gcs last year. Easy 10% off.

I usually buy 10x$50 gift cards x 2 accounts - so $1k every promotion

I tried the new Amex deal for amazon and we aren’t eligible. I tried removing the card and linking them again but it didn’t work 😢

Thanks again for the tip, it worked great for us today. Here’s a Fred Meyer gas tip for you. If you use Ebates, you can link your cc for in store offers. They have Fred Meyer jewelers and at our Fred’s gas station it’s coded as jewelers, not sure why, so we get cash back. Usually 7%.

going to try this! Thankyou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter