• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mine is make 3 purchases of $100 each to get $30. Too much work for me and I don't really need anything from Target right now.

I just checked the fine print on the Target offer and gift cards are excluded from " qualifying purchases". I was hoping to use it for Disney gift cards as well. Darn.
Techinically Target considers Disney cards, entertainment cards, so it's hard to say if they are truly excluded until someone tries it.

I just checked the fine print on the Target offer and gift cards are excluded from " qualifying purchases". I was hoping to use it for Disney gift cards as well. Darn.

At Target, Disney gift cards ring up as Entertainment so that might be the difference compared to buying a Best Buy for example. GC Galore posted they would be included but the language confused me as well. I hope these Circle offers are consistent and not YMMV.

Yep - that same language was there last time and it worked for me. I may have gotten lucky. I’ll update when my first order is shipped if it tracked.

So, if the discount worked the last time wouldn't you see it on your Target statement now?

Does Target have a limit per transaction for DGCs? Trying to plan ahead if I need to spread the purchases out for my balance payoff in October.

I'm positive some have posted about that. Some had issues and others didn't, the amount was never clarified and in some cases managers had to override.
If I remember correctly, some couldn't find Disney gc at their store. Sorry for the lack of DP's but I hope to add more.

Check your Target Circle offers - I now have spend $75 two times, earn a $20 reward in Target Circle earnings. I plan on purchasing a $50 Disney electronic gift card and $25 worth of "stuff" I would need anyway. If it works I'll do the same with the second order a few days later. Fingers crossed it works just like last time.
I got nothing. I spent a boatload on Disney and AT&T gift cards last month so I guess they feel they don't need to entice me to buy anything else right now.

At Target, Disney gift cards ring up as Entertainment so that might be the difference compared to buying a Best Buy for example. GC Galore posted they would be included but the language confused me as well. I hope these Circle offers are consistent and not YMMV.

So, if the discount worked the last time wouldn't you see it on your Target statement now?

I don’t know what you mean regarding the Target statement. The Target Circle offer “tracks” when you make a purchase. Last time I did it, it updated in real time after my order shipped. Once the first ordered shipped, I saw that I completed Step 1 (their words). After the second order shipped, Step 2, I received the $20 Circle bonus.

I thought I read somewhere that people were not getting credit for just buying a gift card which is why I added some “stuff” to my orders the last time I did this.

I placed a new order this morning, will update once it ships if it tracked or not.

I don’t know what you mean regarding the Target statement.
I thought I read somewhere that people were not getting credit for just buying a gift card which is why I added some “stuff” to my orders the last time I did this.

I placed a new order this morning, will update once it ships if it tracked or not.

Ah, I see. So you bought X amount of stuff that covered the circle offer and added a Disney gc on top of the purchase. You only got 5% off the Disney GC.

I don't recall anyone posting here of not being credited when purchasing just a DGC with the Circle offer?

Just saying to all,
If you use your Target Redcard, lookup your credit card statement to see how much you were charged if using the circle offer on DGC. The only time Target clawed anything back was during their 10% Off Target GC annual sale. The limit was set at like $300 or $500 and some people took advantage and Target fought back.

Ah, I see. So you bought X amount of stuff that covered the circle offer and added a Disney gc on top of the purchase. You only got 5% off the Disney GC.

I don't recall anyone posting here of not being credited when purchasing just a DGC with the Circle offer?

Just saying to all,
If you use your Target Redcard, lookup your credit card statement to see how much you were charged if using the circle offer on DGC. The only time Target clawed anything back was during their 10% Off Target GC annual sale. The limit was set at like $300 or $500 and some people took advantage and Target fought back.
This offer does not go to your credit card statement, so there would not be anything to claw back on your statement. It's loaded into your Target circle account, then you can use it to pay for something with your Target wallet.

This offer does not go to your credit card statement, so there would not be anything to claw back on your statement. It's loaded into your Target circle account, then you can use it to pay for something with your Target wallet.

I think perhaps too much emphasis is on the offer, I'm referring to your credit card statement and how much money you were charged for the actual transaction itself.

If you bought a $50 DGC and used the Circle Offer, let say Spend $50, Get $20 off.​
When looking at your credit card statement, you should see a charge for only $30.​
That would mean the Circle offer worked. That's the DP I'm looking for.​

I think perhaps too much emphasis is on the offer, I'm referring to your credit card statement and how much money you were charged for the actual transaction itself.

If you bought a $50 DGC and used the Circle Offer, let say Spend $50, Get $20 off.​
When looking at your credit card statement, you should see a charge for only $30.​
That would mean the Circle offer worked. That's the DP I'm looking for.​
That is not how this offer works, which I think is what everyone is talking about, this specific offer. You are charged the $50 on your statement, and you pay $50. There is no circle credit or discount that goes to your credit card statement. You can see the circle offer worked or not, because the offer will show as used on your circle app in the offer itself.

That is not how this offer works, which I think is what everyone is talking about, this specific offer. You are charged the $50 on your statement, and you pay $50. There is no circle credit or discount that goes to your credit card statement. You can see the circle offer worked or not, because the offer will show as used on your circle app in the offer itself.

I can see I have to let this go, we're simply not connecting. No one is at fault here, please no worries. :flower3:

I can see I have to let this go, we're simply not connecting. No one is at fault here, please no worries. :flower3:

If you complete the offer, you get $x in Target Circle rewards to apply towards a future order. In my case, the last offer was spend $50 in two transactions, get a $20 reward. I bought a $25 Disney e-gift card and bought $25 worth of “stuff”, did two orders this way and got the $20 reward after the second order shipped. I paid for both orders using my debit Redcard and received 5% off each order.

This time I have an offer spend $75 twice, get a $20 reward. I placed an order this morning and will update if it tracks or not, once it ships.

Added Offers ~ 6/16/21

Discount District
Bass Pro Shop & Cabela's: Save 10% On Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s Gift Cards
Brookshire Brothers: Buy $50/$100 Select Gift Cards & get $10/$20 off
Includes: Lowe’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Academy, Chili’s and Outback Steakhouse.​
Limit $40 in savings. Expires 6/22/21. GCG

Food Lion: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards + $10 Groceries & Get $10 Off
Includes: Belk, Domino’s, Fanatics, Gap Options, O’Charley’s and TGI Fridays​
Expires 6/29/21. GCG

H-E-B: Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 H-E-B Gift Cards Free
Kroger Online:
Marc’s: Save 15% On Select Gift Cards
Includes: Lowe’s, Ace Hardware, Buffalo Wild Wings and Jersey Mike’s.​
Expires 6/22/21. GCG

Shoppers: Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Off Your Next Shopping Trip
Includes: Bath & Body Works, Nike, Ulta Beauty, Gap Options, Olive Garden, Sephora, Panera Bread and Starbucks.​
Coupon will print at checkout and expires seven days from issuance.​
Limit 1 coupon issued per qualifying and 1 coupon per redeeming transaction.​
Offer valid June 17-23, 2021 (?). GCG

Staples.com: Buy $50 Happy Dad & Happy #BestDadEver Gift Cards & Get $10 Staples Gift Card Free
Target DP:
Warning: Target Locking Gift Cards To Accounts – Even When Bought 9 Months Ago GCG

Warehouses
BJ’s Wholesale Club $10 Online-Only Memberships No Longer Available
GC Galore

BJ’s Memberships:
  • Free One Day Pass
  • Inner Circle $55.
  • Perks Rewards $110.
  • Business Inner Circle $25.
  • Business Perks Rewards $65
  • Military Membership - Must be verified
    • Veterans and active military personnel and their families save over 25% off Membership.
    • Get a $10 off BJ’s coupon for your first shopping. Direct link
  • Use a Cashback Portal.
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Amazon Discover Offer: Spend $30/$50/$100 & Get $10 Off When Using 1 Discover Point
Limited time Targeted offer. Offer Extended
Expires 7/15/21 or while supplies last. To learn more go to GCG

Theory Amex Offer:
  • Spend $250+ in one or more transactions & get $50 back, or
  • Spend $250+ in one or more transactions & get 5,000 Membership Rewards.
    • Expires 8/17/21. GCG
MISC.
Amazon:
  • Buy $50 Happy Eats Gift Card For $42.50
  • Buy $25 Firehouse Subs Gift Card For $20
Raise: Save 3% Sitewide With Promo Code SEMISALE3
Maximum savings of $20.​
Limit 1 user per household.​
Not valid on cash back gift cards.​
Expires today, 6/16/21.

Agreed on the specific offer in play. ::yes::
Not so fast, monies earned even as a reward must be shown, how else would you and Target keep track of your rewards. It's located in your Account/Dashboard.

If you complete the offer, you get $x in Target Circle rewards to apply towards a future order. In my case, the last offer was spend $50 in two transactions, get a $20 reward. I bought a $25 Disney e-gift card and bought $25 worth of “stuff”, did two orders this way and got the $20 reward after the second order shipped. I paid for both orders using my debit Redcard and received 5% off each order.

This time I have an offer spend $75 twice, get a $20 reward. I placed an order this morning and will update if it tracks or not, once it ships.
Thanks for this!

Okay, I've updated the thread and can focus on Target.

Target Circle offers vary similar to Meijer; you either get X amount off instantly or you get a reward. Recently GCG posted about another Circle Offer that could be applied to gc's. I had that offer but not this new one and I don't see where he may have posted offer you have @ambgoph .

To be fair, any offers I get I don't use them to buy gift cards but I still would like to know as much as possible to update the DP's.

How long does it take for a Target Reward to show up on your account?
Meijer takes up to 2 hours in store but Target is after it ships? They ship pretty quickly, so about 3 days?
What about when purchasing in store? 2 hours?

If anyone has some knowledge, let's hear it. @afan

Not so fast, monies earned even as a reward must be shown, how else would you and Target keep track of your rewards. It's located in your Account/Dashboard.

@afan
To clarify I was saying, for this offer, the $20 circle credit does not show up on your credit card statement, it only shows in your Target app as a a reward to use toward a future purchase.

To clarify I was saying, for this offer, the $20 circle credit does not show up on your credit card statement, it only shows in your Target app as a a reward to use toward a future purchase.

Only on the app? Here's mine from my desktop.

Thanks for this!

Target Circle offers vary similar to Meijer; you either get X amount off instantly or you get a reward. Recently GCG posted about another Circle Offer that could be applied to gc's. I had that offer but not this new one and I don't see where he may have posted offer you have @ambgoph .

To be fair, any offers I get I don't use them to buy gift cards but I still would like to know as much as possible to update the DP's.

Meijer takes up to 2 hours in store but Target is after it ships? They ship pretty quickly, so about 3 days?

Not sure why I was tagged. I've never used one of these and they generally require more than I want to spend at the moment or give too short of a time frame to do it.

If this one works I'd buy 3 gc and some filler but would want to do it in store not online. And the virtual dis gc normally come within an hour but sometimes up to 3.

Not sure why I was tagged. I've never used one of these and they generally require more than I want to spend at the moment or give too short of a time frame to do it.

If this one works I'd buy 3 gc and some filler but would want to do it in store not online. And the virtual dis gc normally come within an hour but sometimes up to 3.

# only because you stay on top of several topics. ;)

Check your Target Circle offers - I now have spend $75 two times, earn a $20 reward in Target Circle earnings. I plan on purchasing a $50 Disney electronic gift card and $25 worth of "stuff" I would need anyway. If it works I'll do the same with the second order a few days later. Fingers crossed it works just like last time.

Update - I placed an order this morning: a $50 Disney e gift card and an item that was $29.99. Total was $79.99 and I got $4 off for using my debit Target Red Card. I got the Disney e gift card within a few minutes of placing the order. The item I ordered shipped tonight. Once the second part of my order shipped, the Target app (under Discover) updated to say I have completed 1 of 2 steps to earn a $20 reward. I will place the second order early next week

Thanks for this!

[/

Once my order shipped, the Circle rewards progress was updated (step 1 of 2). Once the second order ships, step 2 will be completed and then the reward will be added to the Target Circle Rewards - it’s done very quickly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter