Wow, good tip but that would be a lot of work! I'll give it a try but we'll see how often I can keep it up--we have 12 SW flights scheduled this year so far. I usually only check when they send an email about a sale.
I check every day too for Delta and SW but we only have two trips planned this year. Its my daily routine to check flight prices and CC offers lol.

I posted in the Transportation Forum but figured I'd share here too:

In the past 2 days my SW flight from BOS to MCO has gone down twice. Yesterday was $17 and today was $16. Every little bit helps to the next trip.

Check those flights.
It is not just Southwest, but pretty much every airline that you book with points you can cancel for free and then rebook with no penalty. So yes, you should check all your flights every few days to see if the price went down.

The only thing with rebooking with points is, doesn't it take awhile for the points to credit back to your account? So you couldn't cancel and rebook on the same day with the same points, right?

The only thing with rebooking with points is, doesn't it take awhile for the points to credit back to your account? So you couldn't cancel and rebook on the same day with the same points, right?
With SW it's always instantaneous. I get the points back right away when cancelling. You can also select the "change" option and select your same flight, then you just get refunded the difference if the price has gone down (in either money or points, depending on how you paid).
The only hiccup I've encountered is, if you have a companion pass, you have to cancel the companion ticket first before rebooking.

With Delta and JetBlue, I've also received my miles back right away. The only one that seems to take a while for me is AA, but if I need it fast I just call and they hold the seat for me while we wait for the miles to return to my account. I hardly ever fly United so don't know about them.

The Walmart.com Chase offer posted on both of the cards I used it on. The funds have already been credited to my accounts. I ordered physical gift cards and received them pretty quickly. I had 15% on one card and 10% on the other. Offers are good thru 1/31.

With SW, you don’t have to cancel and rebook. You can just “change” your flight to the lower price and get an (instant) refund of the points difference. Most other US-based airlines where you do need to cancel and rebook (American, Delta, United) instantly (or near-instantly) refund points when you cancel and want to rebook.

The times I have booked with points and changed/canceled it was pretty much instantaneously getting the points back.

Back in late Feb early March 2020 I booked a flight to FLA on points right as C19 was ramping up and flight prices were going down daily. My flight down went down something like 7 days in a row about $10 a day, some days more (I forget how many points) and I would change it and had the points back right away. The flight back I booked with cash and also went down about 7 days in a row. As they have the 24 hour cancel for a refund I would keep canceling and rebooking.

I have a feeling the airlines have it in their legal mumbo jumbo that it could take "x amount of time" to get the points back to cover themselves in case of a delay.

Added Offers ~ 1/28/24 / Discount District

Thank you @eticketplease and @DisneyaholicRaquel for posting these offers. They'll work great with the CC offers listed below! Awesome, awesome finds! :thumbsup2

Meijer
  • Earn 5,000 points when you spend $50 or more on Choice or One4all Gift Cards
  • Get 10% Off when you spend $50 or more on Meijer Gift Cards
Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • Meijer also accepts Apple Pay & Google Pay
  • Points/Rewards cannot be used to buy gift cards.
  • Not all Meijer stores are coded as grocery with some bank credit cards.
  • Meijer gift cards online / Meijer mPerks Coupons
  • Meijer Gas Station
  • R&R w/Promotions

Last edited:
Post has been edited

Fareway

1706466857236.png
  • Buy $50 3rd Party Gift Cards & Get $5 Fareway Gift Card

Last edited:
Very early sneak peek for GIANT, full ad can be seen: HERE

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant
GIANT, Martin’s and Stop & Shop
1706467568874.png

Last edited:
Credit Cards offers expiring today, 1/28/24

Lululemon Amex Offer
: Various
Spend $100 or more, get $20 back
Buy Physical Gift Card Online
If buying online be sure to use a Shopping Portal
Expires 1/28/24.

PayPal Amex Offer: Earn a $5 statement credit up to 3 times after you use your American Express® Card and spend $50 or more in purchases with PayPal.
Expires 1/28/24.

And for some lucky peeps who actually received a Target Circle Reward offer, check your expiration date as one is expiring!

Target Circle Reward Offer: Various offers & expirations
  • Spend $500 & Get $50 Reward
    • Target Circle Offers
    • Yes, works on Specialty gift cards and can be combined with Chase Offer as seen below.
    • Reminder, when completing steps do not use Circle earnings, the order will not count. You can use Target GCs to pay towards steps but not circle earnings.
    • Expires 1/28/24. Post #22250 @dragonflymom
    • Expires 1/31/24. Post #22425 :thumbsup2 @TheDailyMoo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter