Updated 03/12/2012 - Dreams-Special Menus Walt's+Silver Spur-(Photos)Food and Show

Good point Ms Poppins - I have four nights there on this trip, so will be watching from different angles anyway.
The left hand pathway by Adventureland has always been a good place to watch summer fireworks in peace without being squashed or people in front of me.

Agree that DLRPMagic is an excellent website, and I also watched the Q&A presentation/ interview with Steve Davison.

When we watched Fantasmic show in MGM ( now Hollywood Studios ) in WDW, we got there early and had super viewing in central seats. People who had booked Fantasmic VIP Meals ( like DLP are doing for Dreams ) had reserved seats but these were in the far right hand block, so certainly not the best location for the show.

People are not allowed to put kids on shoulders in WDW as far as I have seen - CMs are there in an instant telling parents to lift them down.
I did see a child fall backwards off dad's shoulders in DLP last year - someone behind just caught him before he hit the hard ground on Central Plaza. Could have been very nasty...dad held him in his arms after that.

Ooh, must go and watch that interview. :thumbsup2

I did wonder if there were hidden things only to be seen from certain angles because my DD came back from uni this morning with a DLP flyer she was sent (why do I never get these things in the post? :confused3 ) and in the artwork for Dreams was Scar. I can't remember seeing Scar (or did I watch it TOO many times? :lmao: :lmao: ) so perhaps he's one of the hidden things.

From what I can gather, Lion King was originally in the line up but taken out further along the development. I *think* as Steve said, there will be tweaks and changes over the seasons and the addition of this is sure to be one of them :thumbsup2.

I honestly wasn't that taken with the Steve Davison et al interview - don't know what I expected but I think it was maybe more energy :confused3. Didn't help that the sound etc was dreadful. Overall though it was nice to hear about the ideas behind it all.

Is anyone clever enough to put a map on here with the point where to stand? I know it is a hard task but there are some clever people out there, only because i can not work out the place by adventure land:blush::blush:

Is anyone clever enough to put a map on here with the point where to stand? I know it is a hard task but there are some clever people out there, only because i can not work out the place by adventure land:blush::blush:

I've got a picture of the bush if that helps a bit :rotfl: I took it to show OH.

Hang on and I'll load PB

154.jpg

So it's infront of this looking towards the Castle of course ;)

ps - That is probably useless to you right :lmao:

pmsl carrie!!

yeah, i know that bush!

i think im pretty sure i know where u mean, and have watched the castle lightin at xmas from there!!

I shan't forget that vision of 'the Bush' now, I assume the castle is to the left of the picture. Thankyou for that, I am getting used to abbreviations on this site but what is PB? :dumbo::dumbo:

Hi,
I have just returned from my 5 day trip last week, Monday to Friday. On the first night I got my place early in front of the Castle, behind the white rope that goes up around 9.30pm. I had a fantastic view of Dreams, which is awesome. It had rained during the day ( poured heavily during Magic On Parade unfortunately ) so people were standing rather than sitting on the wet ground.

The VIP area for those having Dreams Meals is in front of the Dreams control building ( disguised as Park Landscaping ) on the left where Main Street joins Central Plaza, so you are watching Dreams across the centre of Central Plaza, where the circular stage used to be. Good for those who are not prepared to wait for a long time, or with young children who do not want to be in a crowd, as they limit the VIP area to 60 people.

The front line was full by around 10pm, so you do need to be here early for this spot, but you can see everything very well, including the projections on the Castle doorway, which you probably can't see further back if people are standing in front of you.

On thursday the weather was hot and sunny, so people sat on the dry ground in front of the Castle and on Central Plaza, which was much better for everyone to get a good view of Dreams.

I was extremely fortunate to be invited to watch Dreams from the balcony of the Directors / Partners Boardroom & Hospitality room in Castle Club, which was amazing and a huge privilege, but I still preferred being in front of the Castle for atmosphere and close view. The music was quite faint from the balcony, and you cannot see all the detail from that distance. Some of the castle is also hidden by Main Street buildings on the right. You do get a fab view of the lasers and fireworks though, looking across the park, which looked beautiful at night.

The VIP Dreams meal at California Grill with access to this balcony costs € 199 adult price and includes pre dinner cocktail, with champage and canapes provided for during and after the show.

It certainly made my trip very memorable.

People who have used the VIP area have said that Cast Members on duty there do keep the front of the area clear, to give them a good view. I got chatting to a lovely Italian CM there named Lino, who is employed just for the Dreams show every night, and another very friendly CM named Yoann in front of the Castle.

I was extremely fortunate to be invited to watch Dreams from the balcony of the Directors / Partners Boardroom & Hospitality room in Castle Club, which was amazing and a huge privilege, but I still preferred being in front of the Castle for atmosphere and close view. The music was quite faint from the balcony, and you cannot see all the detail from that distance. Some of the castle is also hidden by Main Street buildings on the right. You do get a fab view of the lasers and fireworks though, looking across the park, which looked beautiful at night.

The VIP Dreams meal at California Grill with access to this balcony costs € 199 adult price and includes pre dinner cocktail, with champage and canapes provided for during and after the show.

It certainly made my trip very memorable.

Wow, what a wonderful experience :cloud9: but I remember another DISer who stayed in Castle Club over New Year Eve also said she much preferred being down in the park to watch the fireworks.

I agree Ware Bears - great to be on the balcony for the experience, and I was so grateful for that after having a superb meal in California Grill from the ordinary main menu ( new Chef arrived about 2 weeks ago with a new menu ), but I loved watching Dreams from directly in front of the Castle after getting my place there around 9.30pm. The front line filled up quite quickly after that.

There are now more choices in the Menus - Walt's have a risotto and a steak (faux fillet) for example ;)

Wondering if Dreams will still be on 3/2012 when we will be there? And will it be possible to book the VIP meal for Dreams and Fantasmic? As this will be our only trip to DLP want to see everything we can. I have tried looking on DLRP Magic site, but haven't seen a link for VIP Dreams meal or Fantasmic meal. How do I find out? Any help gratefully received. Thanks.:worship:

Thank you again for all the great information you post to keep us updated and help in the planning.

This morning they told me that all the restaurants with a Dreams menu now offered 4 choices including a végé dish. You could also change starters but she didn't have the dishes list in front of her

Will try someone else ;)

Good to know that they're expanding the menu's, it always seemed a bit daft to me that steak wasn't available at the Silver Spur Steakhouse! Hopefully they'll be doing this menu when we go in February.

Thank you so much Carrie :thumbsup2.

I am pleased they are adding more variety to the menus as they were limited and imho not very nice really. I think out of all our meals, that was the one we all ate least of :lmao:. But, it served its purpose with the bands!

I am keen to try again in November for a late lunch if it is still on. But have decided to possibly give the Cali Grill one a miss - we will see nearer the time what comes about re timings etc :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter