Updated 03/12/2012 - Dreams-Special Menus Walt's+Silver Spur-(Photos)Food and Show

Hello ? Please ? Thank you ? :sad2:

Carpaccio of Scallops with summer vegetables or Baby leaf spinach with Serrano ham and melon are the starters

When I HAVE TIME I'll ring back and ask them for other details as I already said further up the thread

I didn't mean for you to ring and ask I thought you might already know! You haven't got funny with anyone else asking questions and not all those have said please thankyou :sad2:

I didn't mean for you to ring and ask I thought you might already know! You haven't got funny with anyone else asking questions and not all those have said please thankyou :sad2:

If I knew it would be up there already ;)

Check back later on as I'll be hopefully updating today

Does the reserved area have seatings? Being able to wait for the show sit down without having to be hours before to take one of the few benches can be worth the money itself (above all if they grant shareholder discount).
If it's stand up I would pass on it.

I think we may give Walts a try on May 7th. Is anyone off before that? We only have one and a bit days and I would like to see Dreams and eat in Walts so it could be an option for us. Would as the PP said be very interested to know if the VIP area is seated because if its not thats a bit of a non event! Many corners and pavements to stand on for free!

I think we may give Walts a try on May 7th.

I'm coming back May 1, but still need to find out if we can do this. I can't have seafood and don't eat lamb, so unfortunately Walts is out. Am hoping for the Blue Lagoon and the veal, but I am still on hold for dining. I need to make sure there's something I am not getting an anaphylactic shock from on the menu.

It's updated in the 1st post - all the menus adults and childrens

Hope this covers all questions and wish you all a pleasant day :hug:

Oh brilliant. Would love to hear how you get on, we are getting married that day though and neither you or I would probably have a chance to get on the DIS before we leave for honeymoon on May 3rd.

I'm torn aswell because lamb is not my favourite and I would prefer veal and to try BL aswell but no fish allergies here so its only us being fussy!
Anaphylactic shock is so scary, saw my nephew have a serious reaction to nuts before and for luck my brother had his injection (adrenalin as far as I can remember) to hand. It is a very limited menu but I would imagine that they would do their very best to give a veggie option if you rang in advance.

Thanks Carrie :thumbsup2
Wonder would it be possible to order off the kids menu instead. Has anyone done this in other restaurants?

It's updated in the 1st post - all the menus adults and childrens

Hope this covers all questions and wish you all a pleasant day :hug:

you are a star Carrie_Cat - thank you for going above and beyond again for us Dis'ers :worship:!

Thanks so much Carrie. I had to hang up eventually because pesky work called. ;)

Looks like I am screwed then unless they may allow me to not have the starter at Blue Lagoon. I have some other allergies, so just relying on an unknown veggie dish is not an option.

@ kizzabel: yes, I have an epipen too. It's normally adrenalin.

Meh....

I'm not in love with any of those menus. And for 40E and you still have to arrive 30 minutes prior I think I'd rather nip out, grab and Earl and hold my space for an hour.

Thanks so much for all the info Carrie Cat. I am considering Walts one night. The kids would be fine and I like the lamb so it will depend whether I can convince OH to give up a nice steak! I think I will wait and see how good people think the view before I decide for definate.

Meh....

I'm not in love with any of those menus. And for 40E and you still have to arrive 30 minutes prior I think I'd rather nip out, grab and Earl and hold my space for an hour.

I'm with you! I would much rather have a earl and save our selves 68 euros plus!

X

Hi posted yesterday on this i really want to eat at the silver spur, keeping an eye on all the info about the special menus. We have never been to DLP before so no experience of the shows, queing, times etc etc so after reading all the above posts will be keeping an eye out for reviews and posts on this but just wondered what peoples opinions were of this for a first timer? Thanks

I think you'll need to wait until the reports start filtering through on whether it'll be worth it for you. There's a few months until your trip so hopefully you'll get a balanced view in plenty of time for you to decide.

I don't think the preferred viewing area will be better in terms of what you can see but it will mean you're guaranteed a space within it (provided you turn up in time). Do you have young children in your family? If so it could be well worth doing it just to minimise the wait time although looking at your ticker I estimate you're going late September/early October(?) in which case it shouldn't be too crowded so far less likelihood of needing to stake out a spot in advance like in July/August.

Thank you for updating the info and calling them Carrie Cat :thumbsup2.

Hmmm, I'm tempted for our June trip but still not 100% sold on it. I think that the thing that makes it easier for me is being able to have your meal any time in the day (lunch onwards) and collect your band rather than having to eat quite late (which is what I had envisaged with 2 young children!).

I still worry that the girls would be tired on that night and one of us would end up standing there on our own to watch Dreams while the other takes the girls to the hotel to sleep! :scared1:

Hope that once the reviews filter in, that we can decide properly (and if we do decide to book, that it is early enough that we can do so).

Thanks fot the advice ware bears, i will definatley be keeping a look out for reports, as you say we have plenty time, i just cant help myself!!

Our girls will be 5 and 4 so i am a little worried about the crowds/queing/waiting as we have never experienced anything on this level but i am picking up lots of tips on going with little ones.

I phoned to book my meals for next week but decided against booking the meals VIP plan for now. I still have a couple of vacant dining slots for the end of our trip. I thoyght I'd watch the first night (if I'm still awake) and suss out if its worth it. I do want to eat in Walts but want to have the whole menu to choose from! For that money you can have the 'top' 3 coursw meal in Blue Lagoon. I'll try and post something on Sunday night or Monday!

Great Princessmummy - that would be fab if you could let us know on your return :thumbsup2

Have a fantastic trip! :cool1::cool1::dance3::goodvibes

Thanks fot the advice ware bears, i will definatley be keeping a look out for reports, as you say we have plenty time, i just cant help myself!!

Our girls will be 5 and 4 so i am a little worried about the crowds/queing/waiting as we have never experienced anything on this level but i am picking up lots of tips on going with little ones.

i(m trying to work out when you are going but if it's as I think after the 30th Septembre, these meals will (as it stands at present) no longer be offered

If you are going then there will a lot less people in the parks as no school holidays so queing/waiting/crowds will be much more bearable :goodvibes

Hi Carrie cat we arrive early morning sept 28th for 4 nights so we catch the last couple of days i think, didnt actually know any of this was happening till i had booked really excited about reading peoples reports over the next couple of months!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter