Update on Disney Magic - Sailed 6/5 - 6/10

Am I the only one who finds it odd that DCL’s 25th anniversary is only being celebrated for summer cruises, May-September, but WDW’s 50th anniversary celebration lasted 18 months, longer than a full year?
I suspect it’s because they want to transition over to the HotHS cruises then the Very Merrytime cruises, which they market heavily. Harder to do more than one theme on a cruise v. in the parks.

I suspect it’s because they want to transition over to the HotHS cruises then the Very Merrytime cruises, which they market heavily. Harder to do more than one theme on a cruise v. in the parks.
I think you’re right. I’m on a September cruise but it’s not a Silver anniversary cruise because it’s a HOTHS cruise. Doesn’t look like there is any overlap.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that DCL’s 25th anniversary is only being celebrated for summer cruises, May-September, but WDW’s 50th anniversary celebration lasted 18 months, longer than a full year?
The 25th anniversary cruises involve extra expenses for DCL: additional Castaway Club gifts for every CC member, an anniversary print for every stateroom, and an extra set of fireworks for each cruise that is longer than 3 nights. That is probably a large part of why DCL isn't prolonging it. The 50th anniversary at WDW does not involve that many giveaways to guests.

Last edited:
Bottom line: avoid stateroom 2598 on the Magic class, and probably also the staterooms around it.
We're in the low 2600s next summer, because we needed several 4 person rooms (and mid-ship is only 3s). So fingers crossed it isn't too noisy. :headache:

We're in the low 2600s next summer, because we needed several 4 person rooms (and mid-ship is only 3s). So fingers crossed it isn't too noisy. :headache:
Stateroom reviews are useful to check. If the stateroom has problems, someone who's sailed in there over the past 25 years has probably mentioned it. Do the forward staterooms accommodate 4 people?

Stateroom reviews are useful to check. If the stateroom has problems, someone who's sailed in there over the past 25 years has probably mentioned it. Do the forward staterooms accommodate 4 people?
Yeah, I'll have to check. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is a full family cruise though, so I don't have as much control over the reservations (compared to when its just the immediate family).

We have done 7-nt cruises in 2106, 2108, 2118, 2618. We had no noise issues except a single instance of pots clanging above us in 2618. It was in the morning but not early hours.
In 2618, we had an room odor. They put an air purifier in and steam cleaned the carpet and it was fine the rest of the cruise.
This was between 2007 and 2011 so take this with a grain of salt.

We have done 7-nt cruises in 2106, 2108, 2118, 2618. We had no noise issues except a single instance of pots clanging above us in 2618. It was in the morning but not early hours.
In 2618, we had an room odor. They put an air purifier in and steam cleaned the carpet and it was fine the rest of the cruise.
This was between 2007 and 2011 so take this with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the input. I did look at forward rooms at lunch time, but none of them are connecting and 2 of the parties need connecting rooms, so we'll have to suck it up.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter