update on dd 19, cushings disease, might have cancer

bumcat

DIS Veteran
It's been a while since I posted about my dd. She has been having a lot of tests done. Her cortisol level is really messed up and keeps getting worse. The dr. kept redoing some of the tests to make sure it wasn't the lab, he said he couldn't believe how bad it was. He has finally diagnosed her with cushings disease and said she might have cancer. Since it's a might, we are not telling my dd. The dr has agreed with this. I know some will feel he shouldn't have said anything at this point but I am one of those that want to know all good and bad and he knows that. I am not dwelling on the cancer word, I am calm at this point since it is "might". She has a 24 hr urine test to do on monday and something else to do with steroids? She had a cat scan last week (kidney area) and it was negative for tumors. The next cat scan will be the pituitary area.
Some positives: her cholesterol is down, the diabetes is under control right now since she has been dieting and working out. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Her name is cherie, thanks

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}} and lots of prayers for Cherie.

I just said a prayer for Cherie.

She will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Prayers for all of you. I hope she gets good news on this round of tests.

Steve

My thoughts and prayers go out to Cherie and your entire family. I hope that you will be getting good news very soon.

Bumcat, Cherie will most assuredly be in my prayers. Hoping she is diagnosed negative on these tests and she continues to improve. The fact that her cholesterol is down, diabetes is under control, and she has been dieting and working out, certainly are all great. My best wishes with her, you and your family. {Hugs}

Dan

My thoughts and prayers are with Cherie, you and your family. I am glad to hear that you have her diabetes and all that under control and I hope that the tests prove to be negative.

Thinking about you and sharing your hope. My prayers are with you all.

Bumcat, Iwas going to ask how your daughter was the other day. I saw your username on my prayer list with the reference to your daughter and wondered if there was an update. I am glad some of you physical problems are improving. I will continue to pray that these future tests come back negative. I have no idea what Cushing's disease is, but I pray it's managable. {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers from out west.

Thank all of you so much, though I have never met any of you, I am so glad that I can come here and talk with all of you.
TC - cushings has to do with your blood and hormones, I wouldn't be any good at explaining since I'm kind of confused myself. I did a lot of reading on the internet about it. The best I understand is this: cushings disease is caused by tumors but it's difficult to determine where the tumors are in your body - most common is the kidney area or the pituitary. The reason the dr. thinks hers might be cancerous is because the numbers keep going up every time they redo her tests.
She had to take steroids many yrs ago for asthma and that might have also caused it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter