UPDATE: Leave a legacy would it work at DVC?

Do you think a "LEAVE A LEGACY" would suit DVC resorts

• YesI would like to participate if it was available

• Yes, but not for me

• No I dont think it necessary

• What is "leave a legacy"?

Results are only viewable after voting.
With all the gimmicks they use to sell SSR, maybe your BRICK idea could be a potential draw. "Buy SSR get the BRICK". Free "brick legacy for all new buy ins or add ons. Lets get this thing sold so we can find out what DVC has in store for us next.

jdvm said:
Photos, like at Olivia's are the way to go, I think. DVC demands something really personal like a photo in an individual frame as opposed to a uniform brick. It is a shame that they took many of the photos down when they repainted the main restaurant area at Olivia's but there are still quite a few (including one of my kids!!) in the lobby and in the porch area. I think they give the place a homey look. I'm sure they could devise a process where they could be rotated so that everyone could have a chance to have a family photo up and no one would get bent out of shape it theirs came down at some point. And I'm sure there are places at the other DVC resorts where photos could be placed.

I heard that they were not allowing anymore photos at Olivias,

Anyone know of an truth to that?

Actually, they did the 'brick' thing at VB. It's a patio/walkway area.
I don't know if it was complimentary or not.

I bought a brink at the MK back in the fall of 1994 and it's still there (up front, towards the Contemporary walkway). Something like this at each resort would be neat! and useful. You need a sidewalk....

dvc_john said:
Actually, they did the 'brick' thing at VB. It's a patio/walkway area.
I don't know if it was complimentary or not.

Yeah... I've always wondered that myself... One of these days I will have to ask one of the long time CM's about it.. VB is one of the few places I would do it...

I'm of the opinion that it's not necessary. I purchased SSR points during the initial construction phase -- seems that I've already left a legacy, of sorts. My purchase helped build the place. :teeth:

It never dawned on me to Leave a Legacy at Epcot UNTIL we had DGC!!! Now, I'm all ready to buy one if our family agrees.

So, yes, I would participate, at all 3 "homes" no less.

Bobbi :goodvibes

To all those who were interested, I received a reply from DVC today.

"At this time, we have no plans to offer the Leave a Legacy or Walk
Around the World-style bricks at the Disney Vacation Club Resorts. However, I have
passed your suggestions on to the Member Satisfaction Committee for further review.
Thank you again for writing. We are glad you are a part of our Disney
Vacation Club family. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Brianna
"

I will let you know if there are any further developments

We've been on Leave a Legacy since sept 2000. I would love to see something at SSR, or for that matter all of the DVC's. Whatever it is, I'm in. But after 50 yrs I would like my brick back :rotfl2:

There are a small number of bricks at Vero Beach -- I think they are the first members at Vero.

I'd love to see something like the bricks. We always visit our bricks at WDW and our one at DL. We seldom track down our 2 LAL tiles (one for each DD).

I'd also love the "Walk Around the World" completed - a lighted walkway circling the Seven Seas Lagoon. That was the idea of the bricks, which are now a path leading nowhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter