Unpopular foods you love

mousefan73

DIS Veteran
https://www.plated.com/morsel/most-disliked-foods/ For the purpose of discussion. I had no idea mushrooms were so hated. I love them! Would eat them raw dipped in hummus <3
Agree I love them but have family that hates them and it can become a PIA. I add diced mushrooms to my meet sauce. Was watching my nephew (6) , he refused to eat my sauce. My BIl also won’t eat any. For thanksgiving I make them 2 green bean casseroles. One with and other without

L&Lfan

DIS Veteran
Miracle Whip
Ketchup and mustard on hot dogs
Pepperoni and pineapple pizza
Anchovies
Triscuits dipped in salsa
Black licorice anything

• Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
    Natto, I love it over rice. It's rich in vitamin k2. I used to buy it at Good Earth when I lived in California. I could exist on natto over rice with a raw salad on the side.
    Since moving to Florida I haven't been able to buy it locally. Try it You'll like it!

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
    Canned corned beef hash. I mix mine with maple syrup and cook until there's a slight crispiness. Yum. Occasionally serve over a waffle.

• mousefanmichelle

DIS Veteran
    Spam, Canned corn beef hash, ring balogna or good old oscar meyer balogna - My balogna has a first name its O-S-C-A-R lol!

Good old processed food!

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
    Going to that list.

I hate:
    blue cheese
    anchovies
    marzipan
    black licorice
    oysters
    white chocolate
    and add capers!!

I like mushrooms mayo, cilantro, olives

Heidict

<font color=blue>I'm not witty enough for a tag...
    I like mayonnaise more than any one individual should.

Sometimes I just dip cheese in mayo and eat it. :duck:
    My daughter is the same way. Mayo on everything. I think she got it from me.

My list-

Peanut Butter and Mayo sandwich
    sardines
    blue cheese
    mushrooms
    mayo on a hotdog
    scrapple
    Fried bologna sandwich
    Pickled Okra
    Pickled green beans
    black olives

• bcwife76

DisneyMomma
    Canned corned beef, pickled onions, Branston pickle, mustard alllll over my tuna sandwich :thumbsup2

Tallis

Mouseketeer
    I despise everything talked about on this thread so far, other than hot dogs w/ketchup (not even unpopular,) and brussel sprouts.

Actually, I hate most foods. My main food group in Muenster cheese. Plain. I think that may be an unpopular meal. I also eat a lot of hard boiled eggs.

easyas123

DIS Veteran
    Admittedly I don't get the issue or problem with ketchup on hot dogs. Completely normal when we were growing up, I mean I understand that in other areas of the country/world different toppings on hot dogs are common whereas ketchup is not - but really, is it all that more odd than mustard or relish?

superme80

DIS Veteran
    I like mayo on my fries. I LOVE fruitcake! My grandma's friend would make it every year. We would fight over it because it was amazing. I didn't know blue cheese and mushrooms were so hated. I love them both!

barkley

DIS Veteran<br><font color=orange>If I ever have a
    I like mayo on my fries.
    i prefer mustard or tarter sauce, tarter sauce being very popular where we live b/c even if a restaurant serves nothing resembling seafood they will still more often than not offer tarter sauce as an option when you order fries.

superme80

DIS Veteran
    i prefer mustard or tarter sauce, tarter sauce being very popular where we live b/c even if a restaurant serves nothing resembling seafood they will still more often than not offer tarter sauce as an option when you order fries.
    I watched too much British reality tv when pregnant with my youngest. LOL

Toolulu22

DIS Veteran
    It's unpopular in certain regions of the country. The only place I can recall seeing it in my neck of the woods are places that are popular with out of towners and some malls on Long Island.

It is, isn't it?:lmao:

Saw some beautiful ones at my local butcher shop today and they became a topic of discussion as to what I would do with them and how she could never eat them, she thinks (another customer).
    I’ve never eaten Hawaiian pizza. Never seen it in any of the LI malls- though, maybe I just haven’t noticed. But, whenever anyone orders pizza- its never Hawaiian. I agree with you- it must be a regional thing.

Chupaca bruh

Earning My Ears
    Cilantro.
    I love it. I put it on my Chinese chicken salad sometimes without the chicken.
    It goes in taco salad and other Mexican foods including homemade salsa. And I don ‘t mean a little. It is a big handfull in each personal salad. My salsa is oftem more green than red.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates