Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Wanted to share an update we decided not to go. I had booked several dinings just in case and have since canceled them.

But they stayed in my personal calendar so I am getting dinged with alerts about these reservations. I am busy stressing at work and there is a reminder ding “Reservation at Disney’s Prime time cafe in 30 minutes....” O

Lol so I am over here engaging in serious self-torture. Ugh, I hope everyone is well. My partner and my family are both trying to decide about Thanksgiving and it is very difficult.

I come from a very large family. I have many brothers and sisters, many who are married with families.

It’s tough. It’s really tough. Sending everyone light and good wishes.
Hang in there, @disneyland_is_magic . Don't have much wisdom to share, wish I did, but know I hear you, I validate you, and I wish I could wave a magic wand - for you, for me, for the world right now. Socially distanced hugs and heaps of caring from New Jersey!! :hug:

Disney will be there and we are always open to reconsidering.

That's exactly where we're at. We cancelled our AP's and got a full refund, but that doesn't mean we'll not be back to the parks. We're on a hiatus of sorts. I guess the way I look at it is the longer we wait, the more new attractions/experiences will be there upon our return.

:santa:
We are going to have 2 married nephews soon....the 2 oldest proposed to their ladies the couple of months. I hope wedding planning goes well with the current restrictions. I kinda hoping for them to elope to escape some that kind of stress (plus hoping for more greats in the next 3-5 plus years...no pressure).

Job search is hard, but even with the climate and holiday season...some possible opportunities are popping up for DH.

Oreo had developed pink-eye on Thanksgiving so that took a lot of time of trying to keep up with her medicine and keep things clean. I did her eye medicine even though I have allergic reactions...but, she does better with me for that care. I did not have any serious reactions since it was a topical application and have done this before with our old dog and humans. She was pretty good at it.

Sending good health vibes to all and positive thoughts!

Wishing Mrs. Madeline Werner (Pete's Mom) a very happy, and healthy :bday: today. And if I'm not mistaken, it's a real milestone, #90!!! You are a sweetheart, and I always enjoy seeing you on videos. I hope you will be able to do something special to enjoy your day today!

I want to take this time to tell all my board mates, and all members of the Team, and Staff, how much I appreciate you. Whether you celebrate Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, something else, or nothing, I hope you are able to celebrate in happiness and health. Even though it probably won't look, or feel, as it normally does, I hope that it makes the time when we CAN all come together for special times to be all that more sweet, and apreciated. I know I appreciate al of you - every day!!

:hourglass Happy 2021!

We are moving after weeks of trying to get an apartment plus prices jumped in December and our city's budget friendly apartments are low in supply plus with all that virus rules stuff..it was a challenge. We went to a place where the person who shown us our soon to be ex apartment went as companies changed in both locations. She knew our issues with our current place because her job at both places. The stimulus is helping us through paying 2 rents this week (however, we are suppose to get some rent rebate back...crossing fingers) and other moving costs (plus gift money from the holidays/birthday from my parents and his mother). We don't have to super clean this place since it will be crushed next month. The new place is suppose to be fiber ready so that is a plus for any possible work atI home options/streaming.
Oreo had seen her new dog park today after her vet visit and loved it. I hope the fresh flooring will help both human and dog allergies. It is scary seeing how moldy/mildew the downstairs laundry room has become plus the roof is not in good shape.

We hope y'all are keeping healthy. Just found out that our 20 year old niece had tested positive over the holidays...and yet MIL still goes out and about. I hope that MIL stays free from virus and it so frustrating to tell her to avoid hugs and wear a mask around others.

I am so excited to get a laundry room inside. Our dryer did not have room in our current laundry closet which is in an outdoor close. Our new apartment is newly refurb with granite, new vinyl flooring except new carpet in the bedrooms, and nice finishes. We lose a bedroom, but still have decent storage plus we get a porch big enough for maybe tomatoes this year. :) We just need to spread out buying new rugs and replacement furniture since some of our stuff had seen better days. My parents replaced furniture when they celebrate 25 years and a few years later when they changed states after retirement. I don't think that they want to give up their custom Amish made dining room set yet (the chairs are great for tall people plus has felt padding to keep flooring nice).

We got a busy day tomorrow with service set ups, changiing info, and getting keys/remotes. It is our first controlled access property. It seems like it is a trend for apartment communities around here to revamp and add gates to charge higher. Rents are almost MD?VA?DC pricing now.

I am so excited to get a laundry room inside. Our dryer did not have room in our current laundry closet which is in an outdoor close. Our new apartment is newly refurb with granite, new vinyl flooring except new carpet in the bedrooms, and nice finishes. We lose a bedroom, but still have decent storage plus we get a porch big enough for maybe tomatoes this year. :) We just need to spread out buying new rugs and replacement furniture since some of our stuff had seen better days. My parents replaced furniture when they celebrate 25 years and a few years later when they changed states after retirement. I don't think that they want to give up their custom Amish made dining room set yet (the chairs are great for tall people plus has felt padding to keep flooring nice).

We got a busy day tomorrow with service set ups, changiing info, and getting keys/remotes. It is our first controlled access property. It seems like it is a trend for apartment communities around here to revamp and add gates to charge higher. Rents are almost MD?VA?DC pricing now.
Hope your move, and settling in, goes as smoothly as possible, and that your new place is all your hope for, and more. Moving is HORRIBLE - I've had to move 5 times in the last 4-ish years, and it's NOT been fun. Always stressful. I can tell you that NEVER having had laundry inside my living space before has been AWESOME (have had that this past year) - I have a load in right now, and I LOVE it, so ENJOY! Stay happy, and healthy!!

Last edited:
Hope your move, and settling in, goes as smoothly as possible, and that your new place is all your hope for, and more. Moving is HORRIBLE - I've had to move 5 times in the last 4-ish years, and it's NOT been fun. Always stressful. I can tell you that NEVER having had laundry inside my living space before has been AWESOME (have had that this past year) - I have a load in right now, and I LOVE it, so ENJOY! Stay happy, and healthy!!
We moved out by 2 am Saturday (had to give up some items plus extension of time) in order to gert some rent money back. We tried to get a u-haul Friday, but college kids were returning back to the area so limited supply and we had limited funds/time with College Hunks (used them for the heavy items/boxes plus some of the apartment leasing office furniture). We left some items that we had a hard time finding the proper disposal sites for our old paints/car stuff/axe that we had from our house. We took it easy the past couple of days to rest. Oreo had a rough past couple of weeks with the packing and multiple runs between the 2 apartments. I think she is starting to enjoy the walks and the new dog park.

We moved out by 2 am Saturday (had to give up some items plus extension of time) in order to gert some rent money back. We tried to get a u-haul Friday, but college kids were returning back to the area so limited supply and we had limited funds/time with College Hunks (used them for the heavy items/boxes plus some of the apartment leasing office furniture). We left some items that we had a hard time finding the proper disposal sites for our old paints/car stuff/axe that we had from our house. We took it easy the past couple of days to rest. Oreo had a rough past couple of weeks with the packing and multiple runs between the 2 apartments. I think she is starting to enjoy the walks and the new dog park.
Continued wishes for best of luck!!

:) DH got a short term job. Hope that it goes smoother soon for it because it was a last minute thing for the client. It is looking good for the direct hire options soon. We just need to organize the office and other spaces. We are still trying to figure how to fit our stuff better. The poor dog has separation anxiety this week. She just wants access to both of us/7...but, more with her"daddy".

I am not sure if this is over the top, but my neighbor has several dogs. 2 of them are quiet and I may have heard them bark on rare occasions. My neighbor has a chain link fence and I have a wooden privacy fence. For me to get my riding mower into the back yard, I have to unlock the gate on that side of the property. In addition, anytime I do any landscaping or yard work on that side of my house, the 3rd dog barks insensibly.

So I decided to buy and install an anti-barking device just behind my fence between the pickets as not to cover the microphone and speaker. I am a huge dog lover and feel that this dog is doing what it is supposed to do. However, this neighbor has been known to let this dog out, within minutes after bringing him/her inside, when they see me working on that side of my property (almost in an antagonistic manner).

So far, when this dog barks, it looks at the area where the device is and has backed up a few feet. But, it has not stopped the barking yet.

I am not sure if this is over the top, but my neighbor has several dogs. 2 of them are quiet and I may have heard them bark on rare occasions. My neighbor has a chain link fence and I have a wooden privacy fence. For me to get my riding mower into the back yard, I have to unlock the gate on that side of the property. In addition, anytime I do any landscaping or yard work on that side of my house, the 3rd dog barks insensibly.

So I decided to buy and install an anti-barking device just behind my fence between the pickets as not to cover the microphone and speaker. I am a huge dog lover and feel that this dog is doing what it is supposed to do. However, this neighbor has been known to let this dog out, within minutes after bringing him/her inside, when they see me working on that side of my property (almost in an antagonistic manner).

So far, when this dog barks, it looks at the area where the device is and has backed up a few feet. But, it has not stopped the barking yet.
Definitely a huge PITA to have inconsiderate neighbors, no matter what the issue is - drives me nuts, and I've had to suffer greatly with many over the years (living mostly in apartments, so have a lot more "neighbors:"). Just curious what an "anti-barking device" is, and how it works? The only ones I've ever seen/heard of have been "shock collar" like things, so I'm curious.

Hope it all works out for you soon - your home is supposed to be your castle, and your sanctuary - especially these days, and having had issues myself, I KNOW how depressing and just heavy it can be when it's not. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter